State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like Batman Returns whatsoever. It's not a Batman movie in my eyes, it's a Tim Burton movie. Batman 1989 is much better, and I even enjoy Forever more than Returns.

Yeah, I don't care for Batman Returns either. Like its predecessor, the movie is more interested in the villains than the hero, but unlike its predecessor, the villains aren't even that good. Danny Devito's Penguin is just f***ing repulsive, and while Michelle Pfieffer delivers a decent enough performance as Catwoman, they gave her a really stupid origin. Apparently it's impossible to believe that a woman could be an exceptional martial artist and acrobat without the help of supernatural powers.

Also, penguin commandos are nearly as awful as a bat credit card.

I've never been a fan of Batman Returns either.

Any time Tim Burton adapts a preexisting property (Batman, Sleepy Hollow, Alice in Wonderland, Dark Shadows), he just makes it a generic Tim Burton movie that has **** all to do with the source material.

I think Burton is overrated in general

I like B89 but that's the only movie off the top of my head that I really enjoy from him. Then again I haven't seen a lot of his celebrated work like A Nightmare Before Christmas and Ed Wood

A Nightmare Before Christmas is....okay (it's my roommate's favorite movie of all time), but it's just....Tim Burton. All of his movies start to look and feel exactly alike after a while.

He didn't direct that, he wrote and produced it.

Yea, but it's thought of as his movie, it even has his name above the title, and it's got his trademarks and fingerprints all over every inch of it.

It has his trademark on it. Hero is kind of a weirdo that wants to do good, but ends up kind of screwing up **** in his wake, as noble as his intentions are.

The music in the first Terminator is bad. Takes the movie down a notch for me.

Completely disagree. I loved Brad Fiedel's score for that film. The main theme is one of the best movie tracks ever.

Completely disagree. I loved Brad Fiedel's score for that film. The main theme is one of the best movie tracks ever.

This, the music is one of the biggest reasons I love that movie especially the Terminator theme.

Terminator, Robocop, and Conan the Barbarian had Fantastic soudtracks.

Terminator, Robocop, and Conan the Barbarian had Fantastic soudtracks.

That reminds me:

1. RoboCop is overrated as heck.

2. I'm a bit tired of seeing Unforgiven on "Top Ten Western movies" lists. It's not that good...it's kind of boring and pointless.

3. Some people act like western movies didn't exist before Clint Eastwood. They remind of the guys that shout "FWANK MILLURRGH!" When you mention Batman.

Nothing against the man with no name series, but Clint Eastwood is not a very good actor (or person). He can squint, look angry and talk like...Clint Eastwood.

The best movie with Eastwood is Gran Torino. He was born to play a grumpy old man.

4. After watching episodes of the Batman series from 1966 every day now, I think Adam West is the best live action Batman.

Any time Tim Burton adapts a preexisting property (Batman, Sleepy Hollow, Alice in Wonderland, Dark Shadows), he just makes it a generic Tim Burton movie that has **** all to do with the source material.

Pretty much. Just imagine if Superman Lives actually happened.

It's faithful to the first five or six Batman comics, before Batman established his no-killing rule.

Now, I don't really mind Batman killing people on film. It's bound to happen accidentally from time to time at least, as we saw in the Nolan films. But even I have a bit of a problem with Batman driving into an enemy hideout and blowing up everyone inside by REMOTE CONTROL. That scene was sort of cool but also kind of awful when you think about it.

. But even I have a bit of a problem with Batman driving into an enemy hideout and blowing up everyone inside by REMOTE CONTROL. That scene was sort of cool but also kind of awful when you think about it.

Yeah, I know. I imagine Batman thinking: "should I sneak inside and take them out one by one? Use my batarangs? Hmmm, no...I'll just blow them to pieces with my drone..uhm I mean batmobile. I'm so tired..."

It's cool because the music tells us it's cool! Like that scene from Daredevil, when Elektra's father is killed by Bullseye. Durrunndundunndun! *old man gets impaled by stick* durrurrururruh! "Oh yeah, that's awesome!"

I don't think I've ever heard anybody say the western began with Clint Eastwood, only the spaghetti western (and possibly the modern anti-hero). John Wayne was a bigger star than Eastwood ever was and the bulk of his career was pre-Eastwood.

Yeah, I don't care for Batman Returns either. Like its predecessor, the movie is more interested in the villains than the hero, but unlike its predecessor, the villains aren't even that good. Danny Devito's Penguin is just f***ing repulsive, and while Michelle Pfieffer delivers a decent enough performance as Catwoman, they gave her a really stupid origin. Apparently it's impossible to believe that a woman could be an exceptional martial artist and acrobat without the help of supernatural powers.

Also, penguin commandos are nearly as awful as a bat credit card.

Like...99% of all Batman stories ever?

didn't they make joker the killer of batman's parents?

They did. He's talking about the fact that Batman killed some in the original comics and Batman kills somewhat literally in Burton's films, especially Returns. He's not being serious, at least I hope he's not, but Goshdarn just says a lot of...stuff sometimes, so it can be hard to tell.

IM3 is the best Marvel Studios film for me. It has a unique structure and is quite layered. Plus Tony Stark's arc is fantastic and the twist is genuinely surprising.

You put that over Winter Soldier?

I really don't like Batman Returns whatsoever. It's not a Batman movie in my eyes, it's a Tim Burton movie. Batman 1989 is much better, and I even enjoy Forever more than Returns.

Too right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back