State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a guilty pleasure spot for TASM2. I can acknowledge all it's flaws, but I still enjoy it. I've never been really into the Raimi trilogy myself, even Spider-man 2. I'd put TASM as my favourite despite a poorly handled villain, stupid ending and dumb moments.
I do too. The story is a disaster, as are the action sequences (the latter applies to the first movie as well), but Dehaan downright made me love it. His performance as Harry (and the Goblin later) was astonishingly good. So yea, the Goblin is my reason for liking it this much.

Not really unpopular, but TASM2 is a complete and total cinematic abortion. I would rather poop glass shards for the rest of my life than ever see 5 seconds of that abomination ever again.

:funny: :up:

Honestly it gives the Schumacher Batman movies a run for their money in some scenes. Not to mention the plots have many similarities. They both have a similar story for the hero (Bruce Wayne dealing with the traumatic nightmares/hallucinations of his parents death/Peter plagued with hallucinations of Capt Stacy, dealing with some emotional trauma about his parents' deaths).

Nerdy, creepy, obsessed guy (Carey/Riddler, Foxx/Electro) is obsessed with the hero to an unhealthy degree. Villain falls into a vat of convenient villain-giving powers (Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze/Electro) and he terrorizes the city. The hero stops him and captures him (only Electro was laughably captured in his first fight with Spidey. Even Arnie's Freeze lasted longer than that before he was caught lol) and then the B-villain (Thurman/Poison Ivy, DeHaan/Goblin) springs him from his campy prison cell with cartoonish jailors/psychiatrist to fight the hero. The villain then holds the whole city hostage when he takes over a convenient plot location.

This is a perfect visual example of what the movie is;

JamieFoxxElectro02.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I read the first time today TASM2 being compared and called the equivalent to Batman and Robin.

Lol I read the first time today TASM2 being compared and called the equivalent to Batman and Robin.

Really? Just Google Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Batman and Robin and you'll get dozens of links and reviews that compare them in some way or another. Some even going so far as to say TASM 2 is worse than B&R.

The most popular label is that it's the B&R of the Spider-Man movies. Which it is :o I mean even the president of Marvel Studios said he wanted to burn the script after he read it lol. In fact he tried to warn Sony about all the flaws with it, but they ignored it and went ahead anyway. And now they're forced to share their Spider-Man pie with Marvel. Bittersweet justice I say.

Last edited:
Kirsten Dunst, while a fantastic actress (see Fargo) was miscast for MJ and written horribly. The result drained the vitality of the films.

Batman and Robin is better than TASM2. B&R was made when there was literally less than a handful of good-great superhero movies. B66, Batman Returns, and.....that's it. 5 Years ago I'd say Batman89, but the more I watch, the less I like. Now, fast forward 17 years. We've had 4 Spider-Man movies, 2 of which are considered great, two of which are considered a mixed bag at best. On top of that, we have a blossoming Cinematic Universe, a trilogy of great Batman movies, etc; so forth. Somehow in 2014, we managed to have the WORST Spider-Man movie ever. Ever. Lest us forget that Captain America 2, who is like, nobody's favorite Avenger is considered a smash hit. X-Men makes its 7th film in the series- which, by the way, has (at the tim of release) 3 great films, two average ones (Though, I love The Wolverine), and one completely godawful film....7th film is a smash hit, especially for X-Men standards. Spider-Man gets negative reviews [the first SM film to do so, even after all the vitriol shot at SM3], and does...okay, money wise, I guess. Even a movie with the fat guy from a NBC comedy, and a talking tree / raccoon are considered a great film. Whereas this "Spider-Man cinematic universe" is devoid of love, and is completely rushed to make a quick buck...fails, and we don't even get a payoff for all the complete and total ASS the movie was.

1/10 at best

1. White Noise was actually quite good until the stupid ending(s) ruined it. I can't get over how stupid it was.

2. Amityville Horror is pure crap. Btw, the father looks like Christian Bale.

The remake scared the living crap out of me when I first saw it. Doubt it would do that today though.

3. Saw Steel (Shaq) again today. I still like it!:hehe:

4. The James Bond movies with Roger Moore are the most entertaining.

5. Goldfinger is boring. From Russia With Love? Boring. I like Dr. No and the racist one where he turns Japanese...always forget the name. Oh, and Dr. No is a bit racist too...I guess I prefer racist James Bond movies? Bring back racism in James Bond movies!

I'm kidding. James Bond movies should just be sexist.

6. Speaking of racism, Romper Stomper is a piece of dog crap that's melting in the sun, and there's a lot flies on it.

7. Shanghai Noon is good. Shanghai Knights is okay.

8. The first X-Men movie is quite boring. X2 is ten times better.

9. As much as I like the first Burtonman movie, I wish they had used the Tom Mankiewicz script instead, with a few changes.

10. I liked the Seventh Son.

11. The Mummy (1999) is one of the best adventure movies ever. Right up there with Indiana Jones. The sequel is good too. The third one is...okay? I'm going to miss Brendan Fraser.

12. I like George of the Jungle. Silly humor.

13. ...and Mr. Magoo with Leslie Nielsen. Still a funny (and harmless) little movie. And I just love bulldogs.

14. I'm kind of sick of the Joker in Batman movies now.

Leto seems good, but I wouldn't care if he died in Suicide Squad or something. Focus on other Batman villains instead, please. ENOUGH FROM THE CLOWN!!!

15. The Last Samurai is very, very good. Is that unpopular? I'm not sure, I've seen a lot of people whine because Tom Cruise is the last samurai.

Bigoted person: "A white guy is the last samurai???"

I'm sorry, but that's racist. White persons are just as qualified as Japanese people when it comes to samurai-ing.

1. White Noise was actually quite good until the stupid ending(s) ruined it. I can't get over how stupid it was.

2. Amityville Horror is pure crap. Btw, the father looks like Christian Bale.

The remake scared the living crap out of me when I first saw it. Doubt it would do that today though.

4. The James Bond movies with Roger Moore are the most entertaining.

5. Goldfinger is boring. From Russia With Love? Boring. I like Dr. No and the racist one where he turns Japanese...always forget the name. Oh, and Dr. No is a bit racist too...I guess I prefer racist James Bond movies? Bring back racism in James Bond movies!

I'm kidding. James Bond movies should just be sexist.

6. Speaking of racism, Romper Stomper is a piece of dog crap that's melting in the sun, and there's a lot flies on it.

7. Shanghai Noon is good. Shanghai Knights is okay.

9. As much as I like the first Burtonman movie, I wish they had used the Tom Mankiewicz script instead, with a few changes.

10. I liked the Seventh Son.

11. The Mummy (1999) is one of the best adventure movies ever. Right up there with Indiana Jones. The sequel is good too. The third one is...okay? I'm going to miss Brendan Fraser.

13. ...and Mr. Magoo with Leslie Nielsen. Still a funny (and harmless) little movie. And I just love bulldogs.

Leto seems good, but I wouldn't care if he died in Suicide Squad or something. Focus on other Batman villains instead, please. ENOUGH FROM THE CLOWN!!!

15. The Last Samurai is very, very good. Is that unpopular? I'm not sure, I've seen a lot of people whine because Tom Cruise is the last samurai.

I'm sorry, but that's racist. White persons are just as qualified as Japanese people when it comes to samurai-ing.

4Y1sVQo.gif

I... I mean...

Unfunny and with terrible taste? This post is going for a hat trick, especially with the free floating anti-PC outrage bubbling under the surface. Jesus...

Goshdarn Batman has set up shop in this thread.

5. From Russia With Love? Boring.

11. The Mummy (1999) is one of the best adventure movies ever. Right up there with Indiana Jones.

I more-or-less agree with these bits.

Really? Just Google Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Batman and Robin and you'll get dozens of links and reviews that compare them in some way or another. Some even going so far as to say TASM 2 is worse than B&R.

The most popular label is that it's the B&R of the Spider-Man movies. Which it is :o I mean even the president of Marvel Studios said he wanted to burn the script after he read it lol. In fact he tried to warn Sony about all the flaws with it, but they ignored it and went ahead anyway. And now they're forced to share their Spider-Man pie with Marvel. Bittersweet justice I say.

Hell, at least B&R's consistent.

Batman and Robin is better than TASM2. B&R was made when there was literally less than a handful of good-great superhero movies. B66, Batman Returns, and.....that's it. 5 Years ago I'd say Batman89, but the more I watch, the less I like. Now, fast forward 17 years. We've had 4 Spider-Man movies, 2 of which are considered great, two of which are considered a mixed bag at best. On top of that, we have a blossoming Cinematic Universe, a trilogy of great Batman movies, etc; so forth. Somehow in 2014, we managed to have the WORST Spider-Man movie ever. Ever. Lest us forget that Captain America 2, who is like, nobody's favorite Avenger is considered a smash hit. X-Men makes its 7th film in the series- which, by the way, has (at the tim of release) 3 great films, two average ones (Though, I love The Wolverine), and one completely godawful film....7th film is a smash hit, especially for X-Men standards. Spider-Man gets negative reviews [the first SM film to do so, even after all the vitriol shot at SM3], and does...okay, money wise, I guess. Even a movie with the fat guy from a NBC comedy, and a talking tree / raccoon are considered a great film. Whereas this "Spider-Man cinematic universe" is devoid of love, and is completely rushed to make a quick buck...fails, and we don't even get a payoff for all the complete and total ASS the movie was.

1/10 at best

theatermove.gif

Hell, at least B&R's consistent.

:up:

4Y1sVQo.gif

I... I mean...

Unfunny and with terrible taste? This post is going for a hat trick, especially with the free floating anti-PC outrage bubbling under the surface. Jesus...

Wow, you're still obsessed with me just because I said some bad things about Man of Steel back in 2014 or something. Creepy.

Last edited:
I more-or-less agree with these bits.

Cool. The Mummy was probably the first "horror" movie I watched, if you don't count Ernest Scared ****less or whatever it's called (which I still think is funny). Too bad they don't make movies like that anymore...I know there's a new Mummy movie coming out, but it's supposed to be set in the boring modern day world.

It's because they're better. :up:

Are you mocking me?

3. Seek professional help... NOW! I'm sorry.

8. X-1 is boring, yet I hate all of the X movies anyways.

11. I dunno about "the best" but definitely good, last I checked alot of people enjoyed The Mummy, but never saw the sequels.

13. Harmless? I'm sorry I feel like that film is more or less making fun of blind people

14. Yeah I have some Joker fatigue as well, maybe that's why TDK dropped a spot in my all time favorites cause we see so much of him. He's become the famous scary movie monster who is no longer scary when we see him in the light out of the shadows ALL. THE. TIME.

15. Last Samurai is good. I think the problem is people (like myself) just want more focus on Watanabe not Days of Thunder over there who was kinda hamming it up in the beginning.

Holy **** we agree on something. I'm gonna need a minute to process this.

Goshdarn Batman said:

Ken Watanabe and his clan are the last samurai anyways, not Tom Cruise.

3. Seek professional help... NOW! I'm sorry.

13. Harmless? I'm sorry I feel like that film is more or less making fun of blind people

14. Yeah I have some Joker fatigue as well, maybe that's why TDK dropped a spot in my all time favorites cause we see so much of him. He's become the famous scary movie monster who is no longer scary when we see him in the light out of the shadows ALL. THE. TIME.

3. Aww, come on...admit it, it's entertaining:hehe:

13. I can see :-)woot:) why you feel that way, but I don't agree. Nielsen's Magoo is a sympathetic character...I don't think it's mean-spirited at all. Maybe it's because I grew up with the cartoons.

14. I think they should have waited a while after Heath Ledger. Joker has become like Hello Kitty. He's everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"