State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't liked either of the David O Russell movies I've seen (American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook) and neither of them make me want to bother with the rest of his filmography.

Three Kings is an awesome film.

David O. Russell is a good director, but the guy just makes my skin crawl. Did you ever hear the story about how he groped his transgender niece's breasts? The guy is a f***ing creep.

Be careful what you wish for. I complained that the tone of the Craig Bond movies where too 'gritty, sombre and realistic' and that it should veer closer to what people normally consider 'true' Bond movies. Well, Spectre is the result.

Thankfully :up:

I can't stand Jennifer Lawrence

Same here *high fives*

I also cannot stand the following actors/actresses:
-Taylor Lautner
-Rebel Wilson
-Maya Rudolph
-Matt Damon (I already Know I'm gonna get hate on this but yup!)

Just a few off the top of my head.

David O. Russell is a good director, but the guy just makes my skin crawl. Did you ever hear the story about how he groped his transgender niece's breasts? The guy is a f***ing creep.
He's a lunatic.

I haven't liked either of the David O Russell movies I've seen (American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook) and neither of them make me want to bother with the rest of his filmography.

Those are his absolute worst films. I hate American Hustle. I recommend watching The Fighter and Three Kings. There's a great director in those films. He's just too much of a fan of stroking himself and his actor's egos and I'm not expecting much out of Joy either.

I haven't heard that but I'm not surprised. He also put Nolan in a headlock to force him in getting Jude Law for Huckabees instead of The Prestige. Not to mention the infamous Lilly Tomlin debacle. I don't care what the attitude or your actor is, a director doesn't treat someone like that.

What's wrong with Taylor Lautner? He's harmless enough.

What's wrong with Taylor Lautner? He's harmless enough.

True. If anything he's just unmemorable rather than actively "bad."

I think Shia LaBeouf is a terrific actor, though. Yes, sometimes a bit of genuine d-baggery comes through, but he exorcises that weirdness so artistically I forgive him for it.

I like the first Ghost Rider film and it is not as bad as people make it out to be. Now the sequel is a different story.

True. If anything he's just unmemorable rather than actively "bad."

I think Shia LaBeouf is a terrific actor, though. Yes, sometimes a bit of genuine d-baggery comes through, but he exorcises that weirdness so artistically I forgive him for it.

No, he's definitely bad. He makes Hayden Christiansen look charismatic.

Did you ever see that Abduction movie? Good Lord.

No, he sucks. It's true. All of it. Twilight. Abduction. Sharkboy/Lavagirl

Saw Spectre today. Really didn't see the problem with it. I mean, twas a bit long, but otherwise...

Bcuz it was 2 campy like roger moore (but not really) and too james bond-y to be a james bond movie (lol)

I didn't mind any of that, I can take the campy Bond or I can take the Bourne-Bond. What killed Spectre was the twist, I still have a hard time understanding how that managed to get beyond the first draft.

I didn't love the twist and the film didn't need it and would have been better without it, but it also didn't really impact my enjoyment of the movie.
I thought it was in the spirit of "pulpy" fiction, films, literature or comics, which is not very far from Bond's original spirit.

Kinda like how Mandrake the Magician's Nemesis is his half-brother etc...
I also think Waltz was pretty good, especially considering his limited screen time.

Last edited:
Vacation was very half and half with me. There were funny parts in it; I loved the Sorority thing and Chris Hemsworth was great. But for as much good and funny material there was, there was as much horrible and mean-spirited material that just didn't fit; 4 corner border lines for the former and the entire sibling rivalry of the brothers and the other pilot rivalry. Add on that Ed Helm was so miscast as Rusty.

I haven't heard that but I'm not surprised. He also put Nolan in a headlock to force him in getting Jude Law for Huckabees instead of The Prestige. Not to mention the infamous Lilly Tomlin debacle. I don't care what the attitude or your actor is, a director doesn't treat someone like that.
He never heard of actors committed to two movies or more consecutively?
Who got the role that could have been Jude's in the Prestige? Wolverine or Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"