State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the penguin's death? Can't get the video to work here.

He was a vicious bastard...and I'm glad he's dead! * laughs*

Yeah, the Penguin's death.

Danny Elfman definitely peaked there, IMO.

Yeah, the Penguin's death.

Danny Elfman definitely peaked there, IMO.

Yeah, Batman Returns is probably the last, truly memorable score Elfman made. I like the music in Spider-Man, but it's not the same.

These days I can't even tell if it's Danny Elfman before I see his name on the credits.

Yeah, Batman Returns is probably the last, truly memorable score Elfman made. I like the music in Spider-Man, but it's not the same.

These days I can't even tell if it's Danny Elfman before I see his name on the credits.

Exactly. He used to have this distinctive whimsical style but he kind of left that behind in the 90's.

It's called being diverse and not being pigeonholed in a particular genre or style.

The Matrix makes complete sense. It's all explained and presented in the films.

It's called being diverse and not being pigeonholed in a particular genre or style.

Sure, but that doesn't mean I can't miss his "trademark" style. It's what he does best.

Thing about Elfman is in alot of films I won't even notice his music, that distinctive style we speak of. It wasn't until years later long after theatrical release when I actually payed attention to the credits for once and noticed he scored the first Spider-Man films. Basically any movie that Burton uses him for it well sound like the usual stuff. The scores in almost all Burton films sound so damn similar it's very annoying.
Not a huge fan of the Returns score, it has some moments but others sound almost cartoonish.

The Returns score is one of his best. Gotta love other titles like Breakfast Machine and the opening title to Beetlejuice. I also like what he did with Men in Black.

Last edited:
Everybody hates ASM2 in hindsight, but when it came out it was a matter of active debate on the site, and drew a lot of votes for 7,8,9,10/10 ratings.

Elfman's Batman music is forgettable

Elfman's Batman music is forgettable

sqz8DRH.jpg

Forgettable? I mean, I understand if you don't like it, but is isn't forgettable at all. It's iconic.

You do realize it was the inspiration for Batman: The Animated Series; which is also an iconic theme for Batman. Forgettable? Nope, not even close.

I mean, you ask people to name the 3 most famous superhero themes, 9 out of 10 people would put that one on their list I'd reckon.

I highly doubt that

Just out of curiosity why do you feel like that.

I always struggle to remember how it sounds, whenever someone says "Elfman's Batman theme is better than Zimmer's" I always have to search the theme on youtube because I can't remember it on my own.

You do realize it was the inspiration for Batman: The Animated Series; which is also an iconic theme for Batman. Forgettable? Nope, not even close.

Maybe iconic for Batman fans

You must have watched the Burton Batman movies a grand total of once if you manage to forget the theme.

I mean, you ask people to name the 3 most famous superhero themes, 9 out of 10 people would put that one on their list I'd reckon.

I would have it only behind the John Williams Superman theme.

Elfman's Batman theme is as iconic as Williams' Superman and Star Wars themes. How can this be denied?

Well i guess Nolanites can deny it.

But i mean... seriously?

THAT is Batman.

Elfman's Batman theme is as iconic as Williams' Superman and Star Wars themes. How can this be denied?

Well i guess Nolanites can deny it.

It can't be denied. It's a fact!

Even though I hate the movie, I can't deny that There Will Be Blood got good reviews...that's crazy.

(Hey, haven't seen you in a while.)

lol well yea doesn't mean you have to actually like something to appreciate it or respect it!

But yea been a busy bee the last few months :)

You must have watched the Burton Batman movies a grand total of once if you manage to forget the theme.

image.php

I would have it only behind the John Williams Superman theme.

Now THAT is an iconic theme, people who have never watched a Superman movie know that it's a superman theme, it's hilarious to even imply that the Batman theme is on the same level.

PS: I don't like Zimmer's Batman theme either(if you can call that a theme). I like the TDK soundtrack but the theme is nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"