State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of agree about Hathaway, but I thought she did fine. She did feel slightly miscast but she did what she could. I thought she was particularly great in the bar scene. Completely disagree about Amy Adams. IMO, she's the BEST Lois Lane yet. I think people just can't get over her not having dark hair or whatever.

Hathaway was the only thing about TDKR that I liked. I thought she did a great job.

Come on Travesty. We all know you love Robin John Blake. Search your heart. You know it to be true.

Kind of agree about Hathaway, but I thought she did fine. She did feel slightly miscast but she did what she could. I thought she was particularly great in the bar scene. Completely disagree about Amy Adams. IMO, she's the BEST Lois Lane yet. I think people just can't get over her not having dark hair or whatever.

Bar scene was good.

YES on Amy Adams! I never liked Lois Lane. She always came off as this reporter doing anything, not caring about anyone until she got her story. Not here in MoS at all, she drops the story. And the times she needed saving, she actually needed saving. She came off as a decent human being and more than just a romantic interest to me. And the red hair don't bother me, I love me a good redhead mm-hmm. :woot:

Yeah, same here. I thought her characterization and Amy's performance was perfect. I loved that she also kicked some ash on her own and if that BvS preview comic is any indication, we'll see some more of that. I can't believe I live in a world where I hear praise for mediocre talents like Erica Durance and Teri Hatcher and yet an amazing talent like Amy gets sh** on by fanboys constantly. Makes me glad we don't represent the general public.

That sample score for BVS released... :dry:

It's really what I expected. Just incessant brrrmmmm's that lack much melody and bang into your head like Wile E. Coyote.

They actually give Wonder Woman a great melody and it's buried under all this digital noise.

I'm so glad Suicide Squad is being scored by an actual composer.

1. I kind of like the Super Mario Bros movie. Not a great movie at all, but easy to watch...entertaining in a (very) stupid way.

And those Goombas are hilarious. My father is almost senile, and he remembers those freaks even though it's been 20 years or something since we watched it together.

2. The Octagon with Chuck Norris is so incredibly boring. I had to fight to keep my eyes open. Almost turned it off.

3. Rocky 4 is the best one. Stallone beating up commie scum = instant win. Good music too... No Easy Way Out by Robbert Tepper is great (even though he sounds like Eric Cartman sometimes).

I like all of the Rocky movies except Rocky 5. Ugh...haven't watched the new one with the black guy, but I will.

4. Not a very big fan of Rambo. I think First Blood is good, but a terrible adaptation of the book. I hope someone makes a faithful adaptation of it some day.

The second is okay...yeah, I know, he kicks commie ash which is great and all, but it's a bit too violent. Same with the third and as I've said before: especially the fourth which went way, way too far.

5. Jurassic World was good...but was it really that good? A little overrated, to be honest.

6. John Carter is great. Most of the people I know who have seen it liked it very much. I had no idea so many people hated it before I visited the internet.

But then again, many of the haters say stuff like "Star Wars ripoff!!!". Not the smartest people in the world.

1. I kind of like the Super Mario Bros movie. Not a great movie at all, but easy to watch...entertaining in a (very) stupid way.

And those Goombas are hilarious. My father is almost senile, and he remembers those freaks even though it's been 20 years or something since we watched it together.

3. Rocky 4 is the best one. Stallone beating up commie scum = instant win. Good music too... No Easy Way Out by Robbert Tepper is great (even though he sounds like Eric Cartman sometimes).

1. I will pay for personal counseling for you.

3. **** YES! Understandably the movie is silly, over-the-top and not taking itself seriously like the first two (which I do love) but that's what makes this one great, it's not following the same formula. Same time I am a sucker for Cold War stuff, love it. Paulie's robot was hilarious. I love Drago, James Brown and Apollo together was so stupid, so guitared but god damn it I loved it. The only problem is that Apollo dies. :csad:

Come on Travesty. We all know you love Robin John Blake. Search your heart. You know it to be true.
"Search your feelings" is one of the cheesiest lines the old SW trilogy offered.

The finale of THE DARK KNIGHT not only has the most specious of reasoning for Batman to take the blame for Dent's crimes but the dialogue Oldman has is so over the top and and cheesy that it sticks out, and not in a good way, from all the rest of the dialog in the film.

[YT]jAj20UOc3DE[/YT]

Henry Cavill is worst Superman yet. He even worse than Brandon Routh and Dean Cain. They at least bring more range to role than Cavill did. He look even worse in trailers for Batman vs Superman. He say his lines like he bored.

Christopher Reeve only good Superman actor and Superman 1 and 2 only good Superman movies ever been made.

I think it one of the worst. They needed Wonder woman and Batman for sequel to it because it was so bad. Luthor look worse version of Jim Carey Edward Nygma lol.

giphy.gif

lol that remind me Spider-Man 3 not a bad movie. It better than Amazing Spider-Man films and a lot of other comic films including Man of steel and some Marvel films like Thor Dark world and Iron man 2.

So you're naturally going to be a grown adult and avoid future Superman films right?

I don't understand why that would that be grown adult thing to do. Always some chance they might get one right again even if track record since Superman 2 is bad. Be immature to think they can never do one good again.

:shrug:

I saw The Amazing Spider-Man and I hated it with a passion of 1,000 burning suns. Why would I subject myself to TASM2? Same principal.

Last edited:
That principal not apply for everyone. People like sequels to movies they not like. I even see people like ASM 2 but did not like first one.

Anne Hathaway isn't someone I would have cast as Catwoman, but I thought she did fine. She was definitely one of the better parts of the movie, and the bar scene is great. Her hysterical screaming was hilarious. Some of her "femme fatale" moments did feel a bit forced, but like others said, she did the best she could in a role she maybe wasn't quite the ideal casting for.

What bugged me more than Hathaway herself was her costume. I didn't like it not having a cowl and her hair hanging loose. Long hair hanging loose like that is just giving opponents in a fight something obvious to grab onto.

Very, very weak attempt at the Catwoman costume. Which is weird, since I feel like Darwyn Cooke's costume could've worked in Nolan's world. Instead they went for a vague updated '66 series look.

Anne Hathaway isn't someone I would have cast as Catwoman, but I thought she did fine. She was definitely one of the better parts of the movie, and the bar scene is great. Her hysterical screaming was hilarious. Some of her "femme fatale" moments did feel a bit forced, but like others said, she did the best she could in a role she maybe wasn't quite the ideal casting for.

What bugged me more than Hathaway herself was her costume. I didn't like it not having a cowl and her hair hanging loose. Long hair hanging loose like that is just giving opponents in a fight something obvious to grab onto.

Very, very weak attempt at the Catwoman costume. Which is weird, since I feel like Darwyn Cooke's costume could've worked in Nolan's world. Instead they went for a vague updated '66 series look.

This was a problem I had too. A master cat burglar and thief that just decides she's gonna leave DNA evidence every where with her long flowing locks? Plus... The heels?

Other than that though, Anne surprised the bad place out of me and I still want to know what crack Nolan was smoking when he thought "Hey... The audience is just gonna love FOLEY. Gotta bring that character arc to it's ultimate fruition." You got lightning in a bottle with Anne as Selina. The film needed more of her an less Foley and Blake.

Henry Cavill is worst Superman yet. He even worse than Brandon Routh and Dean Cain. They at least bring more range to role than Cavill did. He look even worse in trailers for Batman vs Superman. He say his lines like he bored.

Christopher Reeve only good Superman actor and Superman 1 and 2 only good Superman movies ever been made.

I'm not impressed by Cavill yet. He lacks something...he's supposedly better in other movies...so I guess it's Synder's fault?

I know what you mean with "bored". Sounds like he's reading his lines from a piece of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"