State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Well, excuse me, your highness. You want 2-ply toilet paper too? :o

Good thread start. Sorry for talking about older films I guess? I will not do that anymore lol

Last edited:
Come on gwyn, you know you're not allowed to talk about anything other than how much Zack Snyder sux, Batman rulez or which James Bond is your favourite in this thread.

Come on gwyn, you know you're not allowed to talk about anything other than how much Zack Snyder sux, Batman rulez or which James Bond is your favourite in this thread.
Good point, my bad:woot::up:

Well since you mentioned Fellini, I couldn't sit through 8 1/2. it was 2deep4me

I agree, 8 1/2 is kind of a turning point. Like I said I prefer his earlier work.

Last edited:
I liked 8 1/2, but beyond that, I kind of agree. La Strada >>>the later stuff.

Alex Proyas probably still has more than one great film in him despite his last attempts at bat.

Proyas is a very underrated filmmaker. Dark City, Knowing (a very underrated film) and The Crow? Oh, **** yes. That's a great director right there.

I agree that Proyas is underrated, The Crow, Dark City of course but I thought that I, Robot was pretty good too. Just like KRYPTON INC. I hope that Proyas has more great films in him.

Based on the latest trailers I've seen.
I'm super excited for Suicide Squad and CA Civil War

But I still just cant seem to get excited for X-Men Apocalypse or Dr. Strange.
I've always been a huge X-men fan since a kid. But from what I've seen in the trailers (the latest did peak my interest just a little) I just cant really get excited for it, not sure if its because no more Wolverine? new cast other than a few? I just don't know. Dr. Strange don't surprise me that I'm not getting excited because I've never been a fan anyway, but who knows. I don't like Captain America or Thor either but liked TWS, Avengers and AOU, so you never know I suppose.

Finally watch the Point Break remake. Visually a very cool and beautiful film. I liked the new Johnny Utah. The new Bohdi was okay, actor did great just characterized way more serious or "overly enlightened" compared to the original. I enjoyed the film. But wasn't great or bad. A 5.5 outta 10 maybe?
I find the original Fast and the Furious film to be a closer and better Point Break "remake" lol even though it wasn't advertised as such it pretty much is.

You don't consider a 5.5/10 to be bad?

I mean it's not terrible but I wouldn't say it's good

You don't consider a 5.5/10 to be bad?

I mean it's not terrible but I wouldn't say it's good

To me a scale of 1 to 10 means 1 being absolute worst a 5.5 being dead middle would be average and a 10 being perfection.
So a 5.5 is average to me. Okay not bad nothing amazing. Average.

True

I dont know in my mind I consider anything less than a 6 to be bad with 6 being passable/average. Why? I dont know

I like Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls a lot more than Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. For some reason I think the natural environment of the sequel suits the character better.

I like Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls a lot more than Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. For some reason I think the natural environment of the sequel suits the character better.

Same. I've always found When Nature Calls the more entertaining of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"