State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
People crack on Constantine because it was Keanu and now suddenly because he's become such a big deal in the DC universe they want more accuracy. I had no idea who the **** Constantine was before that movie, and didn't really know him until years later. Now he's all over the goddamn place.

Funny enough even Keanu is now suddenly a big deal that I was tempted to watch Knock Knock.

Finally watched the Ghostbusters reboot, caught it on the movie channel during the free trial. It was.......... Pretty horrible. It had a few things here and there I liked but overall, pretty horrible.

Speaking of Ghostbusters;
The final confrontation in Suicide Squad brought back memories of the final confrontation from the original Ghostbusters.
Doctor Strange entering the Dark Dimension brought back memory of the ghost realm in the new Ghostbusters.

Finally watched the Ghostbusters reboot, caught it on the movie channel during the free trial. It was.......... Pretty horrible. It had a few things here and there I liked but overall, pretty horrible.

I think it's one of the worst comedies I've seen in a LONG time. Every joke fell flat for me. Horrible, horrible movie.

And I think it messed up the Ghostbusters franchise more than B&R did the Batman franchise.

I think it's one of the worst comedies I've seen in a LONG time. Every joke fell flat for me. Horrible, horrible movie.

And I think it messed up the Ghostbusters franchise more than B&R did the Batman franchise.

I mean, that's literally impossible lol. B&R killed what was basically a lucrative franchise that was ongoing. Ghostbusters hadn't had a film in almost thirty years, or even an animated show in almost twenty.

Yeah, the Ghostbusters franchise was pretty much dead, and Ghostbusters assured that it will stay dead.

Not if Sony has anything to do with. Expecting more news on that animated series reboot.

Yeah I've never been a Chris Hemsworth fan, but Ghostbusters really made it even easier to dislike him. Only thing I've somewhat liked him in has been the avenger films.

You fellas want the 'State your popular film related opinion' thread. :oldrazz:

Eh, I thought Hemsworth was hilarious in Ghostbusters, and I thought the movie was funny too. It gets pretty dumb towards the end and I didn't like the hamfisted way they did the cameos of the original cast, but other than that I thought it was pretty solid. Because if I'm being honest, the only GREAT Ghostbusters movie is the original. The sequel wasn't very good and the cartoon series was just goofy.

Anyway, speaking of Sony, isn't that Dark Tower movie due out this summer? Shouldn't we have had a trailer by now?

Loverboy came on THIS network last night around 11, and it is honestly one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Patrick Dempsey is a very good comedic actor. Which you wouldn't know had you never seen it.

His job interview was the only part I found funny in the movie.

I've tried twice, but I can't seem to get into Looper. It feels like the kind of movie I should really enjoy, but almost nothing about the final product has appealed to me on both viewings.

Looper is a dull, overrated mess. The performances are all pretty good but the story is really weak and full of plotholes. What the hell is wrong with these people that they're all A-OK with being murdered at age 55? If one of them escapes and you capture the present day version of the guy, why not just kill him and eliminate the problem instead of torturing him until the older version comes to you, when you only end up killing both of them anyway? I also really hated the way Rian Johnson just glossed over the problems in the movie, by saying that "it's a movie with time travel, but then time travel just 'gets out of the way.'" Sorry, Ryan. That's a cop-out. Not every time travel movie has to follow Back to the Future rules, but it should follow SOME kind of rules or else it doesn't make any sense.

Also, JGL just looks ****ing weird with Bruce Willis makeup.

The worst part about that is, we're all very familiar (in large part due to Die Hard) with what Bruce Willis looked like as a younger man. He didn't look like JGL in bizarre makeup. Why they didn't just save on the makeup and have him play the part straight, I don't know -it would have been far less distracting.

Logan was good but far from perfect. I'm not on the "it's a masterpiece" train.

Logan was good but far from perfect. I'm not on the "it's a masterpiece" train.

Anyone who says any comicbook movie is a masterpiece is being foolish.

I do however think Logan is definitely up there in the best of it's genre.

Chris Nolan's original entry for Batman is a great film & cinematography.
The fight scenes camera work with that shakey style makes me have a seizure every time i see it.

I've tried twice, but I can't seem to get into Looper. It feels like the kind of movie I should really enjoy, but almost nothing about the final product has appealed to me on both viewings.

Looper is a dull, overrated mess. The performances are all pretty good but the story is really weak and full of plotholes. What the hell is wrong with these people that they're all A-OK with being murdered at age 55? If one of them escapes and you capture the present day version of the guy, why not just kill him and eliminate the problem instead of torturing him until the older version comes to you, when you only end up killing both of them anyway? I also really hated the way Rian Johnson just glossed over the problems in the movie, by saying that "it's a movie with time travel, but then time travel just 'gets out of the way.'" Sorry, Ryan. That's a cop-out. Not every time travel movie has to follow Back to the Future rules, but it should follow SOME kind of rules or else it doesn't make any sense.

I love these opinions. :awesome:

The worst part about that is, we're all very familiar (in large part due to Die Hard) with what Bruce Willis looked like as a younger man. He didn't look like JGL in bizarre makeup. Why they didn't just save on the makeup and have him play the part straight, I don't know -it would have been far less distracting.
Maybe I don't mind the make up on JGL as much as you guys do, that's the only thing I found ok with the movie.

Johnson is one of the reasons I'm a little worried about the new Star Wars film. He's done some interesting work but so far he's yet to make a film that I didn't have at least a few issues with. I did like his Breaking Bad episodes though so maybe he's at his best when working with previously established characters.

At this point there is no "are they suited for Star Wars" arguments, considering they've been hiring so many random guys to direct these things and their offshoots, lol. Everybody is suited it for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"