State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Discussion in 'The Cutting Room Floor' started by Thread Manager, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Thinking of the title, I now imagine finding a movie titled simply Logan, with zero attachment to the character with a healing factor or the mutant family.

2. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I think "Logan" would actually be a fine title for a comic book series, but it just doesn't work for a movie.

3. dude stannis Registered

Yeah, Rise of the Genisis of the Dawn of the Rise: Origins type titles need to go **** themselves honestly. If they're going to add subtitles, do what Marvel do and just use the title of the storyline they're adapting. Days of Future Past, Winter Soldier, Civil War, you don't even need to be a comic nerd to look at those titles and easily get the gist of what you're about to watch.

4. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

Watching Batman Begins - I genuinely like Katie Holmes just as much as Gyllenhaal. Never understood the hate.

5. DX YES! YES! YES!

I do prefer Gyllenhaal as Rachel but I've never hated Katie Holmes either.

6. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

^I'm with you guys, never hated Katie Holmes in the role.
    To me, changing the actress for that role is akin to changing the actor playing Bruce Banner in the MCU, one fits one movie more, the other fits the subsequent movies more.

7. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Leonardro DiCaprio is very deserving of the Oscar he earned for his performance in The Revenant, I completely disagree with anyone saying otherwise.

8. DyeLorean will return

Re: The Revenant.

Being cold while you're actually cold, is acting like you're cold?
    DiCaprio's performance in The Revenant was not much acting, but just him actually experiencing most of what he expresses.
    I think he really deserved a long-time delayed Oscar, just not for this particular performance. At least he finally got it!.

9. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Thank you.

Never got that hate either.

I more dislike how she was written (literally just speech after speech it felt like) but I didn't mind the performance and I liked her in the role. Can't say which I liked better though

Here's one:
    -I dont get the comparison between the Power Ranger's movie trailer and Chronicle and Fan4stic. Now I dont think PR will be good (which actually bums me out because I think there's potential in that franchise as a proper film series), but the comparisons are silly. It's something I feel a lot of the fanboy community does when they see very small similarities in movies and then automatically say: "Oh it's just like _______"
    Again I dont think the movie will be good, but people saying it's too dark, not silly enough, or likee Fan4stic or Chronicle is just stupid to me

#109 MadVillainy, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  10. Greens I am Danny DeVito

I never hated Katie Holmes as Rachel, either.

11. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Experiencing the thing helps enhance the performance, feeling the weather while also acting to be mauled by a bear and pretending his esophagus was cut, crawling, being hunted.....
    He deserved it.

:highfive:

12. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

Exactly, she was written as a wet blanket which didn't help her case any.

Agreed, he's given better performances and I'd argue that Tom Hardy outshone him in that movie. It was long overdue and I'm happy he finally won, just not for that particular role. I remember seeing an Onion article titled "Leonardo Dicaprio hopes he screamed and cried good enough in The Revenant to win the Oscar".

#112 Flint Marko, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  13. TeeKay Registered

He deserved an Oscar for Wolf of Wall Street though.

14. DyeLorean will return

Yeah. Although maybe not Oscar-worthy, I think he did a marvelous job in Catch Me If You Can.

15. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Calvin Candie was a hilariously dark character that should have gotten him a best supporting.

16. Rowsdower! Registered

Yes. I couldn't believe he wasn't even nominated for that performance.

Also, regarding the Logan thing... it's a bit of an odd choice. I wouldn't be surprised if they change it up at the last minute and call it X-Men Conclusions: Logan, AKA The Wolverine.

17. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

I think Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy have both given much more Oscar-worthy performances than The Revenant.

Hardy should have been nominated for Legend instead of The Revenant.

And he should have been nominated for Bronson and Warrior. Bronson at the very least.

18. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

While I defend Leonardo DiCaprio earning that well deserved Oscar, Tom Hardy being an Oscar nominee for his role in The Revenant is overrating his role, he was certainly more deserving for his work on Warrior (I have no comment on Bronson), and even Bane in The Dark Knight Rises is more deserving of an Oscar than John Fitzgerald.

19. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Bane is like one of the least noteworthy roles Hardy has played in the last decade.

20. Bats123 Master Chief

Angry Birds is the best game to movie adaptation.

21. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

I concur

22. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I never had a problem with Katie Holmes in BB either.

23. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

I thought Katie Holmes was a pretty believable young assistant D.A. who was determined and even over her head. She was most likely stunt casting by the studio, but I would have liked to see her in TDK. She wasn't bad, but she wasn't great (Maggie was better) Though the fact that that new casting doesn't get brought up or complained about is kind of telling about the impression she gave ultimately.

24. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

I didn't think either Holmes or Gyllenhaal was very good.

Though I also think the character itself is kind of unnecessary and superfluous.

25. DOBSON10 Custom User Title

Even though Gyllenhaal is a better actress in general, I thought Holmes played the role better to be honest. Never understood the hate either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.