State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people who hated Deadpool. Like a majority of my family for instance.

I'm just as shocked as you are. I loved the hell out of that movie. I have a large family and most of them either hated it or were just "meh" about it in general.

That type of humor isn't for everybody. I'm actually shocked it was as well-received as it did.

That type of humor isn't for everybody. I'm actually shocked it was as well-received as it did.
NotSoLongAgo said:
That level of crudeness isnt for everybody I guess
I was just thinking this the other day that I watched it on HBO, it's ok for first viewing but I don't think it warrants repeated views, I don't mind hard R-rated crudeness like a comedy like Porky's for example but in the case of Deadpool it's just goes on and on until you're finally tired of if and then you're left with a 90 minute dull movie with only 10 minutes worth of plot.

I was just thinking this the other day that I watched it on HBO, it's ok for first viewing but I don't think it warrants repeated views, I don't mind hard R-rated crudeness like a comedy like Porky's for example but in the case of Deadpool it's just goes on and on until you're finally tired of if and then you're left with a 90 minute dull movie with only 10 minutes worth of plot.

I thought there were only a few genuinely funny moments in Deadpool, but I'm kinda picky when it comes to comedy.

I enjoyed Deadpool but I would like for them to push it further with the sequel, both in terms of violence and comedy.

I've seen Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Apocalypse, Deadpool and Civil War this year, and I genuinely enjoyed all of them to varying degrees. The biggest surprise for me was probably Suicide Squad, since I kept hearing how awful it was and I really didn't think it was nearly that bad, and my biggest disappointment was Civil War. It wasn't bad, but I think it was a notable step down from Winter Solider, and there's a lot of little things that brought it down.

The Star Wars prequels are cannon no matter what fans say and the original theatrical versions of the original trilogy will never be released because they are not the versions George Lucas wants to people to see and he wants the special editions to be cannon and he would of had something in place to stop Disney from releasing the originals after he sold Lucasfilm. I personally think the originals were not part of the deal with Disney.

Last edited:
I've seen Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Apocalypse, Deadpool and Civil War this year, and I genuinely enjoyed all of them to varying degrees. The biggest surprise for me was probably Suicide Squad, since I kept hearing how awful it was and I really didn't think it was nearly that bad, and my biggest disappointment was Civil War. It wasn't bad, but I think it was a notable step down from Winter Solider, and there's a lot of little things that brought it down.

This. :up:

The one thing that I partially disagree with is, Suicide Squad isn't really that good. It's a predictable and cookie cutter movie that could have been much better had it not been for WB trying to match Disney/MCU.

The one thing that I partially disagree with is, Suicide Squad isn't really that good. It's a predictable and cookie cutter movie that could have been much better had it not been for WB trying to match Disney/MCU.

True. Hopefully the SS extended cut is different. I liked it but could see its cookie cutter formula.

True. Hopefully the SS extended cut is different. I liked it but could see its cookie cutter formula.

I remember the first time I watched it, I wanted to like it so bad after the critical bashing and all around vitriol it was receiving from evreywhere and I did like it and gave it a solid 7.5. I watched again in 3 days and this time around I left my DC fanboy glasses behind and I was very underwhelmed. The characters are still the strong aspect of the movie but overall the movie was just unremarkable and unmemorable. On my 2nd watch I'll probably give it no more than 6/10.

never sen a Harry Potter Film, nor do I want to..

I didn't say that it was that good, either, I just didn't think it was awful. I mean, it has like a 20% on Rotten Tomatoes or something like that, and I wouldn't put it even close to that level. I thought it was decent with some horrible pacing and underutilized potential. I would give it around a 6ish.

I agree with this a lot. Im so surprised how well it was received. Not that it was bad or even close to it imo, but there were a lot a chinks in the armor.

I didn't say that it was that good, either, I just didn't think it was awful. I mean, it has like a 20% on Rotten Tomatoes or something like that, and I wouldn't put it even close to that level. I thought it was decent with some horrible pacing and underutilized potential. I would give it around a 6ish.

I think SS is pretty much where it should be. Sure it has 26% but the average score is 4.7/10 which is close to what I'd give it (a 5).

Even though BvS and SS really annoyed me because of the huge waste of potential, they're not terrible to me. They're not X-Men Origins Wolverine, they're not Elektra, they're not Green Lantern. If I was making a Worst 10 CBMs I dont think either would come close. It just made me a lot more frustrated because of the potential wasted

Apocalypse though I still think that's the worse CBM this year. There is just nothing in that movie to me

Just happened across the "Who should play Blade" thread and I gotta say it... Michael B. Jordan is an atrocious actor. Just plain bad. He'd be awful as Blade. No idea why people always fancast him in every role of a black character. I've literally seen him get out-acted by Kobe Bryant in a commercial, he's just not good.

He's the token "young black guy" right now in the online film community. That doesn't mean he's untalented, but that's the way it is.

Definitely dont see him as blade but I gotta disagree with him being awful. Hes pretty damn good.

Micheal B. Jordan is cast in Black Panther, anyone still hoping he'll ever play Blade is probably out of luck. He's definitely one of those 'go to' actors, like Tom Hardy, that fans like to wishfully cast in every other role. It's pretty tiresome, regardless of who the hot-right-now actor is.

That said, I'm in full agreement with Greens and NotSoLongAgo. Jordan can definitely act very well. He's always good, if not excellent.

Yeah, MBJ was amazing in Creed, The Wire, Fruitvale Station and even Chronicle. Really looking forward to seeing him join the MCU.

Just happened across the "Who should play Blade" thread and I gotta say it... Michael B. Jordan is an atrocious actor. Just plain bad. He'd be awful as Blade. No idea why people always fancast him in every role of a black character. I've literally seen him get out-acted by Kobe Bryant in a commercial, he's just not good.

*writes 1,000 word essay about why your opinions are terrible*

*looks up at the thread title*

Oh, right.

*deletes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"