State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elfman composed great music for the Spider-Man movies. I don't know if that's unpopular here, but he tends to be bashed on soundtrack forums for those first two movies-Young did strong work, though.

TDKR is more interesting than BB, even if it is more flawed.

Elfman composed great music for the Spider-Man movies. I don't know if that's unpopular here, but he tends to be bashed on soundtrack forums for those first two movies-Young did strong work, though.

TDKR is more interesting than BB, even if it is more flawed.

I agree.

I tried to watch the last Thor movie last night and I was kinda annoyed by it; turned it off. I think I’m done with Marvel Studios. Last one I saw was Civil War.

I tried to watch the last Thor movie last night and I was kinda annoyed by it; turned it off. I think I’m done with Marvel Studios. Last one I saw was Civil War.

Its funny, I love Chris Hemsworth as Thor, but I hated the first Thor film and TDW was just ok but I absolutely loved Thor Ragnarok. I was honestly surprised how much I loved it.

With the idea of a black James Bond being interesting for the time being, I must not complain about whitewashing a fictional character for a movie.

I like Hemsworth as Thor only outside his solo films. I also think he's absolutely unfunny. He was great in Infinity War and his battle against Hulk in TA is one of my favorite CBM action sequences ever.

I like Hemsworth as Thor only outside his solo films. I also think he's absolutely unfunny. He was great in Infinity War and his battle against Hulk in TA is one of my favorite CBM action sequences ever.

YES!!! It's crazy to me that the only time they've gotten Thor right is in the non-Thor movies!

All 3 of the new Trek movies are crap, and got progressively worse.

Took Star Trek from being thoughtful and intelligent with technology that was well researched to the point where much of it became real eventually, to being nonsensical action on par a Michael Bay movie. They don't even care if what they do breaks their entire fictional world now.

1st movie: We just invented long range transporting that can reach a ship that's been travelling away at warp speed. / Umm, ok, so you just erased 90% of the need for starships.
2nd movie: We brought Kirk back from the using Tribble blood! / Ok, so now everyone should essentially be immortal right? Great writing.
3rd movie: Our best idea about how they'll beat the bad guys is by using Beastie Boys music / ...... $&*$#$ @#&$ %#Y@*$# %#@*

I've liked Hemsworth as Thor in all his appearances, except maybe for the second Avengers where he just came off superfluous and boring. But I even liked him in TDW, despite the movie not being very good. And he was great in Ragnarok.

I've liked Hemsworth as Thor in all his appearances, except maybe for the second Avengers where he just came off superfluous and boring. But I even liked him in TDW, despite the movie not being very good. And he was great in Ragnarok.

I disagree, the party scene is the closer we got to the Thor we know in Ragnarok. But you're right partially, Whedon didn't really know how to use him properly in both Avengers films. And I will always be thankful to not only Taika but the Russos, that managed to make him a standout in Infinity War.

The party scene is pretty much the only scene where Hemsworth was given the chance to shine in Age of Ultron. Thor was so sidelined in that movie. That combined with the fact that Hawkeye was the only Avenger with less screentime than him in the first movie makes me think that Joss Whedon doesn't care much for the character so he wrote him out of a lot of it so he wouldn't have to be bothered with Thor.

I think I've read/heard him somewhere flat out admit that he didn't really have a solid idea of what to do with Thor. It definitely shows in the final movies. The Russo's turning him into a standout character in Infinity War was particularly gratifying because of that.

Well is harder to write for a character that can be so powerful. Vision has been sidelined too in every movie he was in. Thor was probably the most powerful of the original Avengers and you really don't feel that (even though he obliterated the Sokovia-meteorite at the end).

PS: Sorry, I didn't realize this was the 'unpopular opinion' topic.

Yeah even in the first Avengers, Thor seems kind of tacked on. In his first solo film, they made such a big deal about how difficult it would be for him to get back to earth after the rainbow bridge was destroyed, and then it’s just like, BOOM, he’s back. They had an opportunity to show Jane trying to get him back or Odin using his power to send him to earth but they just didn’t. And yeah, I know either of those things would have required paying more actors’ salaries but it’s not like they were trying to save money with that movie.

It’s still a classic CBM but Thor could have been handled better.

It also would have made the movie way longer. I liked that they just got him in the movie. If they added a subplot requiring opening a path for him, then before Thor comes to Loki, we would have been another like 10 mins (maybe more) into the movie.

King Kong: Skull Island was really good, underrated imo, also the second best King Kong movie after 1933. I also like a lot of things in Peter Jackson's film.

King Kong: Skull Island was really good, underrated imo, also the second best King Kong movie after 1933. I also like a lot of things in Peter Jackson's film.

Yeah, I loved Skull Island. It's much better than the Jeff Bridges version and Peter Jackson's film. I love Jackson, but his post LOTR-output has been terrible.

It is usually overlooked, even at the time of its release, but I think Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence is a damn fine film.

Mark Wahlberg is the worst out there. Think he's the one actor I refuse to watch in anything.

After watching it last night, I still don't understand why STAR TREK NEMESIS is so hated.

After watching it last night, I still don't understand why STAR TREK NEMESIS is so hated.

I don’t think it’s bad either. Tom Hardy is a little hammy (but what else is new) but didn’t deserve the scathing reviews he got for his first big role, IMO.

Evil twin(s) and bitter clone is a pretty dumb story with worse execution-Shinzon didn't have much motive for hating Picard and wanting to destroy Earth, nor did the Romulans for following him, B4 felt like a waste of time (excessive parallel with the main plot and already done better with Lore), a lot of the action felt really thrown-in and badly-done (though some of the ship against ship combat was OK).

I tag it as junky action propping up a lamebrain plot.

The Happening was not that bad, pretty crazy yes but still pretty OK.

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Solo
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Clone Wars
Phantom Menace

Status
Not open for further replies.