State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

This might bring heat on me, but I utterly dislike Schindler's List. The movie feels like fetishization of Holocaust packed with Jewish stereotypes. It also tries to antagonize Soviet Union, which I feel was really disrespectful and insensitive given the losses that Soviet people suffered fighting off Nazis and their contribution to freedom of Jewish people.

I think vastly superior movie on the subject is The Pianist (2002).

It says virtually nothing about the Soviet Union. The only Soviet character in the movie is the officer at the end who points them toward the nearest town, so I don’t know what makes you say that.

It says virtually nothing about the Soviet Union. The only Soviet character in the movie is the officer at the end who points them toward the nearest town, so I don’t know what makes you say that.
It's the only Soviet character in the movie and he's shown in the most negative light.

Last edited:
The hills people die on.

Welp... Guess Putin has his own folk with tongues squarely placed on patent leather footwear.

Go YouTube it, I’m not gonna tell the movie for you.
I'm not asking you to tell me the movie. I'm asking how you see that scene. The movie isn't just plot points.
The hills people die on.

Welp... Guess Putin has his own folk with tongues squarely placed on patent leather footwear.
You seem to be angered by something. Is it Putin?

Last edited:
You seem to be in love with someone... Is it Putin?

Where are you two registered? Will it be a big wedding?

Careful... I hear the government there has an issue with public "pride".

You seem to be in love with someone... Is it Putin?

Where are you two registered? Will it be a big wedding?

Careful... I hear the government there has an issue with public "pride".
Serious suggestion. Go visit a doctor. This obsession is unhealthy.

Serious suggestion. Go visit a doctor. This obsession is unhealthy.

Doctors? Can you find me one NOT about to be thrown... Oh... I'm sorry... Can you find me one that isn't going to fall out of a tall building's window under mysterious circumstances that all the Putin oral boot cleaners will make excuses for?

My suggestion? Quit now. You're bringing the SNES Zapper to a gun fight.

Doctors? Can you find me one NOT about to be thrown... Oh... I'm sorry... Can you find me one that isn't going to fall out of a tall building's window under mysterious circumstances that all the Putin oral boot cleaners will make excuses for?

My suggestion? Quit now. You're bringing the SNES Zapper to a gun fight.
What did you turn this thread into? Go back to "Russia positioning for major conflict" and share you paranoia there.

What did you turn this thread into? Go back to "Russia positioning for major conflict" and share you paranoia there.

Paranoia... Like claiming SCHINDLER'S LIST is Anti-Soviet and disrespectful of Mother Russia because of one scene at the end where a Russian character points somewhere? That kind of paranoia?

You are not good at this.

Consistently so.

Paranoia... Like claiming SCHINDLER'S LIST is Anti-Soviet and disrespectful of Mother Russia because of one scene at the end where a Russian character points somewhere? That kind of paranoia?

You are not good at this.

Consistently so.
You're letting Superman down. Try having a respectful conversation next time.

Schindler's List is anti-Soviet, among other things. And bringing this issue up triggers some individuals so much.

Schindler's List is anti-Soviet, among other things. And bringing this issue up triggers some individuals so much.

Or maybe people are annoyed by blatant misrepresentations.

The literal only times Schindler’s List even mentions Russia or the Soviet Union is when Schindler threatens the two Nazis who are afraid of getting sent to Russia (because the Eastern Front was a hellscape) to twist their arms into giving him back his plant manager Itzhak Stern from the train, and at the end of the movie when the Soviet officer rides into the abandoned (by the Nazis) Factory. He announces they’re free, is a little at a loss as to where they should go considering there’s tons of people who hate Jews whatever direction they go in, and when they’re looking for food, points them in the direction of the nearest town. He’s onscreen for like thirty seconds and isn’t particularly portrayed in any positive or negative kind of way, except he seems fairly friendly and not especially anti-Semitic, so I don’t know where you get it from that he’s “shown in the most negative light” considering the movie is full of people being casually executed and Ralph Fiennes’ character enjoys randomly shooting people from his balcony in the morning and terrorizing his maid....

Yeah... Superman is a well know carrier of the water for people that have journalists killed.

You

are

really

bad

at

this.

Or maybe people are annoyed by blatant misrepresentations.

The literal only times Schindler’s List even mentions Russia or the Soviet Union is when Schindler threatens the two Nazis who are afraid of getting sent to Russia (because the Easteek Front was a hellscape) to twist their arms into giving him back his plant manager Itzhak Stern from the train, and at the end of the movie when the Soviet officer rides into the abandoned (by the Nazis) Factory. He announces they’re free, is a little at a loss as to where they should go considering there’s tons of people who hate Jews whatever direction they go in, and when they’re looking for food, points them in the direction of the nearest town. He’s onscreen for like thirty seconds and isn’t particularly portrayed in any positive or negative kind of way, except he seems fairly friendly and not especially anti-Semitic, so I don’t know where you get it from that he’s “shown in the most negative light” considering the movie is full of people being casually executed and Ralph Fiennes’ character enjoys randomly shooting people from his balcony in the morning and terrorizing his maid....
Friendly?

Here's conversation:
Russian officer (shown talking to them from a horse, like being above them): You have been liberated by the Soviet army! (implied taking credit for what Schindler did)
Itzhak Stern: Have you been in Poland?
Russian officer: I just came from Poland.
Itzhak Stern: Are there any Jews left? (implying "whom did you liberate? what took you so long? everyone is probably killed", and the officer looks at him with a disgust/perplexed expression)
Michael Lemper: Where should we go?
Russian officer: Don't go east, that's for sure. They hate you there. I wouldn't go west either, if I were you. (not friendly and simply not true)
Chaim Nowak: We could use some food.
Russian officer: Isn't that a town over there?

Does it matter how much screen time does it have?

Yea, if you’ve no interest in honest discussion, I’m out.

What unpopular film opinion could lead up to a riveting discussion?

I'm not exactly a fan of David Fincher's filmography, I really like Alien 3, Se7en, and Fight Club, but I'm not into much of the rest of his work.

YES. I said it, I'd rather watch Alien 3 multiple times before watching Gone Girl one more time, at least the protagonist of that movie is not a pair of awful people.

YES. I said it, I'd rather watch Alien 3 multiple times before watching Gone Girl one more time, at least the protagonist of that movie is not a pair of awful people.
One of the things I liked the most about <i>Gone Girl</i>, specially the first time I saw it, was that you had no idea if Ben Affleck's character was being truthful or not.

I'll go one further than Spider-Aziz: where Fincher's concerned, I only really like Alien 3. Was never really a big fan of Seven at all.

Although to be fair, I haven't seen Fight Club in an age. I might have to rewatch it sometime soon.

One of the things I liked the most about <i>Gone Girl</i>, specially the first time I saw it, was that you had no idea if Ben Affleck's character was being truthful or not.
That helped make it easy to watch the first time.

I'll go one further than Spider-Aziz: where Fincher's concerned, I only really like Alien 3. Was never really a big fan of Seven at all.

Although to be fair, I haven't seen Fight Club in an age. I might have to rewatch it sometime soon.
f4d06f0e36c46df0266fa3e0385d0b08.jpg

What unpopular film opinion could lead up to a riveting discussion?

I'm not exactly a fan of David Fincher's filmography, I really like Alien 3, Se7en, and Fight Club, but I'm not into much of the rest of his work.

I don’t like Alien 3, but of Fincher, I do like Se7en, Zodiac, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"