State your unpopular film related opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a slew of bull-headed, testosterone-laced male movie goers would most likely disagree but...as far as David Fincher...I prefer "Se7en" over "Fight Club" and find it, among the two, to be the better film.

As a matter of fact, though I'd have to think about it more with "Zodiac" or "Panic Room"...I find "Fight Club" to be the most overrated of his works.

I find all three LOTR movies to be boring and just drag on. I do admire the cinematography of them though.

Here's my most unpopular film related opinion.

If the movie doesn't entertain me, I will not recognize it as good, as it has failed in it's task of providing me with enjoyment.

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", while a severely flawed film, is not the worst movie ever made. Nor is it the worst movie to come out this year. Nor is it Michael Bay's worst movie. "Pearl Harbor" and "The Island" make ROTF look like "Die Hard".

You want unpopular, I'll give you unpopular.

- Jack Nicholson was not a very interesting Joker, one-note, too fat, too old and not menacing or scary enough. Basically a take on Romero's Joker. Heath Ledger showed the world how it's done (granted with much better material).

- With such an awesome premise, Predator should have been a better film and is not on a par with the much superior Alien.

- Speaking of Alien, Aliens was cool but certainly not as good as Scott's original masterpiece.

_ Speaking of Scott, Blade Runner is boring and should also have been much better and less pompous.

- Even though a pretty good film, perfect visually and with a fantastic performance by Brad Pit, Fight Club is the poor man's A Clockwork Orange. Seven is much better.

- Kill Bill 1 and 2 are very bad films (and Deathproof was even worse). Inglourious Basterds is awesome, a perfect come back.

- Terry Gilliam and Tim Burton are kind of cool but also overrated.

There, I said it:woot:.

Last edited:
Speaking of Alien, Aliens was cool but certainly not as good as Scott's original masterpiece
Cameron is not very good with sequels :o That's why I prefer the 1st Terminator and really don't care about Aliens..

It is a good movie. It's just not a Godzilla movie.

I hate Christian Bale, and do not find him to be a good actor in the slightest. He also has a very punchable face.
Yeah it is. Thats like saying wacky 70s Godzilla isn't Godzilla because he was nice instead of the killer he was at the start of the franchise.

-The Godfather movies aren't that great. The only good thing about all three movies was the backstory in two with De niro. That was the only time I ever had any interest in the movie.

-I find the Star Wars movie hard to watch. I love the effects and the universe(love the comics/games) but I can't sit and watch the movies without being bored out of my mind.

I hate when older movies are loved by people just because it's old and people feel it deserves a medal of sorts.

Older movies shouldn't be remade just because they're old. :whatever:

I hate when older movies are loved by people just because it's old and people feel it deserves a medal of sorts.
Well, what do you when most new movies are s**t..?

[A];17566707 said:
Well, what do you when most new movies are s**t..?

You buy a cam and remake them in your backyard.

I rather watch Batman and Robin over most superhero movies. In fact the only ones I do like are Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Iron Man.

I rather watch Batman and Robin over most superhero movies. In fact the only ones I do like are Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Iron Man.
I'd say your taste is impeccable.

You should give X2 and SM2 another try, though..

I'd rather watch Batman & Robin over Batman Begins. FAR more entertaining, despite being different forms of entertainment.

[A];17567007 said:
I'd say your taste is impeccable.

You should give X2 and SM2 another try, though..

I actually do enjoy elements out of both of those movies. Alfred Molina was great barring the entire "wait I'm a good guy now" ending and his idiotic plan. With X2 I thought Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellen, and Brian Cox did really great jobs.

Besides that though I thought Spider-Man was cringe worthy, although not as bad a Spider-Man 1 and 3 and I never been a fan of the X-Men movies or X-Men in general.

Well except for the Fox cartoon and when Morrison wrote it.

"Heat" is very overrated. "The insider" is where it's at.

And "Red Dragon", even though very flawed, is more entertaining and better than "Manhunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"