State your unpopular film related opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade, BP, Static I fully agree with

-MR Terrific I doubt. I havent read that much on him but how are his villains. Ive never heard of a Mr. Terrific villain. Besides comic fans I cant see that being being received well or making money
-Jon Stewart His story isnt that interesting to me. Hal has Sinestro, Parallax, etc. Kyle has the whole rebuilding the corps story. Maybe Jon can make a good film, but I doubt it. He would be cool in JL or later as a supporting character in the GL franchise, but I cant see him holding his own
-Steel maybe
-Luke Cage I think is really hard to cast, he is not like a superhero as in he doesnt really have a good costume, and half of his hook is being a Hero for Hire (although he can do to free work) ANd other than being paired with Iron Fist he doesnt interest me. ANd also I just dont really want to see a ex con thug who mostly works for money as the lead in a superhero film. I cant see it being good
-Spawn I forgot about, I dont know much about him though
-I love SLJ, but what would a Nick Fury movie have? It'll be basically a SHIELD movie? I'd be skeptical
I agree. Maybe Michael K. Williams (Omar in "The Wire", Chalky White in "Boardwalk Empire") could pull it off.

Lol many have.

Every superhero role I can think of someone who is great or at least for the role but for Cage (and Wonder Woman) I cant.

I like a good challenge. How about 50 Cent? I know there is not such a great track record for rapper turned actor and I don't know if he is that great of an actor anyway, but maybe under the guidance of the right director there could be room for improvement (I like to be optimistic like that) and at least the soundtrack would be good:woot: (imo at least).

I like some of his music, but he mumbles when he speaks and "acts"

I like some of his music, but he mumbles when he speaks and "acts"
So did Brando and look where that took him. Just kidding:woot:.
I think that sometimes with a strong director some actors can really improve and go to places we didn't expect them. I'm not saying that for 50 Cent in particular, but in general.

Last edited:
I like a good challenge. How about 50 Cent? I know there is not such a great track record for rapper turned actor and I don't know if he is that great of an actor anyway, but maybe under the guidance of the right director there could be room for improvement (I like to be optimistic like that) and at least the soundtrack would be good:woot: (imo at least).
He's certainly dedicated. Did you hear about when he dropped all that weight for a role in a movie that I don't think was that big at all. I've only seen him in Righteous Kill and his biopic (can't remember the name). He was fairly decent in Righteous Kill, but that could just be compared to everything else in Righteous Kill. But he managed to not be terrible around DeNiro and Pacino.

He's certainly dedicated. Did you hear about when he dropped all that weight for a role in a movie that I don't think was that big at all. I've only seen him in Righteous Kill and his biopic (can't remember the name). He was fairly decent in Righteous Kill, but that could just be compared to everything else in Righteous Kill. But he managed to not be terrible around DeNiro and Pacino.
Agreed.

I don't really want Bane to wear a mask in TDKR. I just don't like the idea of covering Hardy's face up with that entire thing. Even if he put it on in scenes, it might be hard to justify why he puts it on in the first place.

I don't really want Bane to wear a mask in TDKR. I just don't like the idea of covering Hardy's face up with that entire thing. Even if he put it on in scenes, it might be hard to justify why he puts it on in the first place.
I agree. But I'd be OK with a (creepy) mask in a few scenes.
Look at what Heath did with the clown mask in the TDK heist prologue. Through his great body language and perfect mannerism you could tell it was Heath (and the Joker) underneath.
Some actors say that acting with a mask on can actually be kinda liberating in a way, (in the tradition of Greek theater.)

Last edited:
Maybe to copy or mess with Batman. Or maybe it's an S & M thing:woot:

_ I'd like to see another live action adaptation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame starring Mickey Rourke as Quasimodo. I think that after Chaney, Laughton, Quinn and a few others, he could bring something fresh and new to the table.
_ I'm looking forward to The Lone Ranger, but I find Depp saying that he's gonna finally portray Native-Americans in a good light (or something PC like that) a bit ridiculous. Hasn't he seen "Little Big Man", "A Man Called Horse", "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and all those other great 70's Westerns?
_ Bruce Willis hasn't been in a good film for a long time now.

_ Besides a few exceptions, I don't really care for Jean Pierre Jeunet, Steven Sodherberg, Terry Gilliam, Luc Besson, Robert Rodriguez or Sofia Coppola's films that much.
_ I liked "Fantastic Mr. Fox", mostly because of Roald Dahl's story and the puppet animation and not really because of Wes anderson's input.
_ I don't like "The Life Aquatic".
_ Temple of Doom > The Last Crusade.

Last edited:
I want to another live adaptation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame too, which leads me to my unpopular opinion:

I felt that the animated version of Hunchback was the best animated film of the era (yes, better than Lion King and Beauty and the Beast). Lion King is still my favorite though.

The only good Marvel movie before Iron Man was the Director's Cut of Daredevil.

I kinda liked Blade too. But I haven't seen it in a long time and it probably has aged by now.

maybe he gets bigger with venom? it'd be easier to hide the fact that it's no longer hardy if his face is covered

I'm trying not to state this opinion in the Batman forums. :O

But I'm really disappointed that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Catwoman. :dry:

Eh she's a good actress, not my top choice but decent

The Bane does however disappoints me

Inception isn't that great.

I loved it at the cinema. I got it on Blu-ray and thought there was something a bit off about it. Two weeks later and my missus wants to watch it. We did and it bored us. I don't think it holds up well on repeat viewings. Not a bit.

Inception isn't that great.

I loved it at the cinema. I got it on Blu-ray and thought there was something a bit off about it. Two weeks later and my missus wants to watch it. We did and it bored us. I don't think it holds up well on repeat viewings. Not a bit.

The same thing happens with The Dark Knight. They're both suspense movies, and repeated viewings dilute the suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"