State your unpopular film related opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that.

I enjoyed the F*** out of Transformers 2.

*removes gwynplaine from friends list* :o

Last edited:
Here we go:

Godfather and Godfather II are vastly overrated films that I find boring and are practically unwatchable because of this.

I do not like ANY of the X-Men films as X-Men movies. X1 and X2 are great science fiction films, but X-Men movies? Nope.

I hated The Two Towers and Return of the King. I liked Fellowship though.

Brad Pitt is ugly.

Christian Bale, asides from a good performance as Bruce Wayne in his so far two Batman films, is a terribly mediocre Batman, and an even worse actor in his other films.

Despite being a huge fan of the original Halloween, I also loved Rob Zombie's Halloween and to a much lesser extent, his Halloween II.

Tobey Maguire is a terrible Peter Parker. Kirsten Dunst gets more flack than him about failing at her character, but I find her better than him, but not by much.

I prefer the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake to the original. I find the original funny as hell and not scary at all.

Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness suck. I like Evil Dead though.

The only Star Trek I've ever liked was the Trekkies proclaimed "Pine-Scented" one. Everything else in that series bores me to death. JJ Abrams kicked Gene Roddenbery's ass as far as I'm concerned.

-I find Josie and the Pussycats to not only be funny but musically entertaining. I even own the soundtrack.

-I think the Van Damme Streetfighter is the best video game movie ever in every way.

-I unapologetically love Star Wars Episode III. It's everything I wanted it to be. I even got misty at the end the first time I saw it. It was such an experience for me that the first time I saw it, my girlfriend at the time was giving me some "fun" with her hand during the first scene, and all I could think was,"STAR WARSSSSSSSSSSSS".

-E.T. does nothing for me and I to this day, don't get why people love it so.

-If there were any justice in the world, Walk Hard: a Dewey Cox story would've made 100 million dollars minimum.

I agree with only one thing you just said and that's about Josie. That whole cast, even Tara Reid, made that movie so funny.

[A];17567555 said:
*removes gwynplaine from friends list* :o
Even though it is a very bad film, I thought that the first scene and the fight in the forest were some of the best CGI I had ever seen on film and superior to anything in the 1st one, and justified the spending of my hard earned money. You can't always eat caviar, sometimes you want a greasy burger. That said, if Bay never made a movie again , I would be fine with it. Because in that case it's actually ILM's work (I think it was them) and not his that I enjoyed. I hope we can still be friends:cwink:.

Last edited:
Here we go:

Godfather and Godfather II are vastly overrated films that I find boring and are practically unwatchable because of this.

I do not like ANY of the X-Men films as X-Men movies. X1 and X2 are great science fiction films, but X-Men movies? Nope.

I hated The Two Towers and Return of the King. I liked Fellowship though.

Brad Pitt is ugly.

Christian Bale, asides from a good performance as Bruce Wayne in his so far two Batman films, is a terribly mediocre Batman, and an even worse actor in his other films.

Despite being a huge fan of the original Halloween, I also loved Rob Zombie's Halloween and to a much lesser extent, his Halloween II.

Tobey Maguire is a terrible Peter Parker. Kirsten Dunst gets more flack than him about failing at her character, but I find her better than him, but not by much.

I prefer the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake to the original. I find the original funny as hell and not scary at all.

Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness suck. I like Evil Dead though.

The only Star Trek I've ever liked was the Trekkies proclaimed "Pine-Scented" one. Everything else in that series bores me to death. JJ Abrams kicked Gene Roddenbery's ass as far as I'm concerned.

Even American Psycho, Harsh Times, The Prestige, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn and 3:10 to Yuma? Wha...?

I love ED and ED 2 but I don't like Army of Darkness.

I have been loving the horror movie remakes.

I like most of Michael Bay's movies.

I thought the Original Halloween was boring.

I hate Russel Crowe.

Both Kill Bill movies are crap. I have yet to actually meet anyone who likes them.

I enjoy watching the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

I don't think there is anything special about Scarlett Johansen and Jessica Biel.

-I find Josie and the Pussycats to not only be funny but musically entertaining. I even own the soundtrack.

-I think the Van Damme Streetfighter is the best video game movie ever in every way.

-I unapologetically love Star Wars Episode III. It's everything I wanted it to be. I even got misty at the end the first time I saw it. It was such an experience for me that the first time I saw it, my girlfriend at the time was giving me some "fun" with her hand during the first scene, and all I could think was,"STAR WARSSSSSSSSSSSS".

-E.T. does nothing for me and I to this day, don't get why people love it so.

-If there were any justice in the world, Walk Hard: a Dewey Cox story would've made 100 million dollars minimum.
So that wasn't butter on the movie theater floor.

I hate when people act like movie snobs just to to be popular.
Hate when people are afraid to express their true feelings about a film.
I really dug Rob Zombie's Halloween.
LOVE all of Tarantino's stuff, expect got Jackie Brown and True Romance.

I have a very unpopular film related opinion. TDK isnt the best Batman movie, Batman Begins is :yay:

I have a very unpopular film related opinion. TDK isnt the best Batman movie, Batman Begins is :yay:

Have to agree. Although I still love TDK, Joker and Dent/Two Face carried that film. I love how BB was a character study and despite it's flaws(Katie Holmes and a bit of dialogue) I still prefer it to TDK.

As for what my unpopular opinion is?

I find Star Wars(anything from it) to be sooo overated on a level that disgusts me. I like and own the original trilogy, but I'm done. Aside from breaking ground with effects it wasn't as crazy great as all the fanatics make it out to be.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 . The one with Dennis Hopper and soda cans was one of the worst films I've ever seen. I go no enjoyment out of it.

Also I find Lost in Translation to be over-rated. I love Bill Murray and I thought it was decent but I didn't get caught up in it .

Have to agree. Although I still love TDK, Joker and Dent/Two Face carried that film. I love how BB was a character study and despite it's flaws(Katie Holmes and a bit of dialogue) I still prefer it to TDK.
I feel less alone now, tnx! :woot:

Must agree with Lost in Translation too, i just find it boring :dry:

[A];17554435 said:
The Departed is so freaking overrated it.. hurts.. my.. eyes

Overrated IMO: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Citizen Kane, Taxi Driver, WALL-E, Alien (yes, Alien), No Country for Old Men etc. Fell asleep during all of these.

Movies are about entertainment. If a movie wants to be dramatic or profound, it shouldn't have to sacrifice the entertainment factor. The Shawshank Redemption and American Beauty are strong examples.

Last edited:
Cuckoo's Nest is hilarious though. All those crazies under one roof :awesome:

I think Batman growling in BB and TDK is intimidating.

Batman Begins (despite it's two flaws e.g. Scarecrow's pathetic tasered defeat and the Rachel Dawes character) is a better movie than TDK.

I liked the one-liners in Batman Begins, people keeping saying "good they got rid of them in TDK" but sometimes movies have to have comic relief and besides it's a comic book movie, it can be serious/dark but not to the level of a depressing/bland Oscar worthy film.

I think the Star Wars series is overrated.

I hate the movie Blade, don't get why so many people liked it, I also didn't even bother watching the sequels.

Heath Ledger was a great Joker (better than Nicholson) but he is not the ultimate embodiment of the comic book Joker, I mean that credit should go to Mark Hamill's Joker from BTAS.

I think Batman growling in BB and TDK is intimidating.

Batman Begins (despite it's two flaws e.g. Scarecrow's pathetic tasered defeat and the Rachel Dawes character) is a better movie than TDK.

I liked the one-liners in Batman Begins, people keeping saying "good they got rid of them in TDK" but sometimes movies have to have comic relief and besides it's a comic book movie, it can be serious/dark but not to the level of a depressing/bland Oscar worthy film.

Same here. The only lines I guess you could call one liners that I didn't like were, "nice ride" from that bum and when Oldman says "I gotta get me one of those"(too damn cliche and overused).

Heath Ledger was a great Joker (better than Nicholson) but he is not the ultimate embodiment of the comic book Joker, I mean that credit should go to Mark Hamill's Joker from BTAS.

Although I love all three versions, I still wouldn't call Hamill's Joker the ultimate embodiment of the Joker either. Murder is a big part of the character and because it's a cartoon they have to take that out.

Although I love all three versions, I still wouldn't call Hamill's Joker the ultimate embodiment of the Joker either. Murder is a big part of the character and because it's a cartoon they have to take that out.

I meant the essence of the character, I know Joker could not be shown killing in BTAS but people got killed due to the laughing gas.

When I read The Joker's speech bubbles in the comics, I imagine Mark Hamill's Joker voice.

Last edited:
I like Paul WS Anderson's movies.

I liked Terminator 3: Rise of the machines

I meant the essence of the character, I know Joker could not be shown killing in BTAS but people got killed due to the laughing gas.

When I read The Joker's speech bubbles in the comics, I imagine Mark Hamill's Joker voice.

Me two:awesome:

I like all the different incarnations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88