State your unpopular film related opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love "Hook". I think it's Spielberg's most underrated movie. But his best film? Seriously? Better than "Jaws", "E.T.", "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Jurassic Park", "Schindler's List" or "Saving Private Ryan"?

well...a spinoff of a book, instead of being based on one...

A film might be overrated but it doesn't mean it's not that good of a film. And when a film has an overload of stupid gags and jokes, it's really that bad :awesome:.

-Indiana Jones 4 was a decent, if not good, addition to the franchise.

-Star Wars (though I love it) is an overblown and overrated franchise.

-Batman Begins was a bit redundant and I enjoy it the least out of the Batman films.

-I could never get into Batman Returns, but DeVito's penguin is soooo underrated,

-Over a year later I still believe TDK is fantastic.

-Spider-man 3 isn't that bad.

-Batman and Robin is a beautifully designed movie and extremely faithful to the crappy 60's comics it's based on.

-I seen 300 and Iron Man twice and I have no need to ever see them again.

-Daredevil: DC is a damn good superhero film.

-2001 is boring and slow. And Kurbrick is good, but not a god.

-I like Apatow and Rogen better than Sandler and co. in their prime.

-Though I love Ghostbusters, it's not that funny. I chuckled here and there but people act like it's rotflcopter inducer.

-I actually somewhat enjoyed The Spirit.

-Batman Begins was a bit redundant and I enjoy it the least out of the Batman films.

-I could never get into Batman Returns, but DeVito's penguin is soooo underrated,

-Batman and Robin is a beautifully designed movie and extremely faithful to the crappy 60's comics it's based on.

-Though I love Ghostbusters, it's not that funny. I chuckled here and there but people act like it's rotflcopter inducer.

There is so much here worth facepalming but I'm not going to even bother.

The only thing I agree with there is that the Directors Cut of Daredevil is a ****ing great movie...minus that god awful playground fight scene!!!!!!

I'm not trying to sound rude or condescending but the correct phrase is "I couldn't care less." :cwink:

But I do care about what you think :oldrazz:

I read an article last week about that being one of the top phrases people get wrong. Yet I make that mistake. :doh:

Did that article mention should / could of too ?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..........I know.

back on topic: I don't understand the mad love for Michael Biehn.

I like Max Payne
Alien and Aliens are REALLY REALLLY overrated
So is Blade Runner
I would rather watch B&R and BF over Batman Return

Stuff I agree with.
Stuff I might have to kill you over. :awesome:

Michael Biehn is bad ass personified.

Alien and Aliens are too of the greatest sci fi films ever made.

Stuff I agree with.
Stuff I might have to kill you over. :awesome:

Good to know you don't want to kill me that much. :oldrazz:

But, again, I love Ghostbusters. I could probably recite the dialogue from beginning to end, but I never understood the people who'd cry with laughter while watching it. It has superbly written witty dialogue and very memorable lines. But nothing to wet yourself about.

It's funny as hell, but it's rarely a laugh out loud, guffaw-inducing comedy.

I really enjoy The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.

I actually enjoy Indiana Jones IV, Terminator 3, and Terminator 4. They're nowhere near as good as the predecessors, but they're not as bad as people make them out to be.

I don't think Spider-Man 3 or Wolverine are anywhere close to "good", but I also don't think they're the abominations against cinema they're made out to be.

Titanic is one of the most ridiculously overrated movies ever and Leonardo DiCaprio is a mediocre actor.

Neither DiCaprio nor Brad Pitt nor Orlando Bloom is all that attractive, nor anything special as an actor (especially Bloom, who is about as dull as a piece of wood).

Pirates of the Caribbean is ridiculously overrated. The first was lightly entertaining, no more, no less, but by the third it had inflated into this ridiculously overdone, overstuffed wannabe epic that took itself WAY too seriously.

I stopped watching The Departed after twenty minutes because it was doing nothing for me. Jack Nicholson did not impress me from what I saw of him in that, nor did he impress me as The Joker. Youtubing Nicholson's Joker after watching Heath Ledger made Jack look ridiculously lame.

Ahhh by not watching all of The Departed you missed probably one of the best double acts since Laurel and Hardy in Ellerby and Dignum. So ****ing funny.

And I completely agree with you on the POTC franchise. The second and third took themselves waaaaaaay to seriously, they just came off utterly ridiculous.

Ahhh by not watching all of The Departed you missed probably one of the best double acts since Laurel and Hardy in Ellerby and Dignum. So ****ing funny.

And I completely agree with you on the POTC franchise. The second and third took themselves waaaaaaay to seriously, they just came off utterly ridiculous.

and get ready for a fourth outing!
:dry::dry::dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985