Stephen King's Epic "The Dark Tower"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Viggo Mortenson would be better than Bale. He has a good aloof, cold quality to him.

Yeah, Viggo would be my #2 choice. Still holding out hope for Jackman, though (despite the last two Wolverine movies).

yeah i like Hugh jackman for this how many franchises does bale want lol

I'd take Viggo over Jackman. :D He's one of my top faves.

Viggo is a better actor than Jackman anyway.

Hugh has the look down lets be honest here it is jj Abrams he is not gonna cast viggo lol

My #1 choice: Clive Owen for Roland

Bear in mind I'm still in the middle of the first book :D

he seems like a guy who casts more mainstream to me not saying he wont just an assumption

he seems like a guy who casts more mainstream to me not saying he wont just an assumption

Based on what? He casts mostly unknowns and up and comers. Who's the most mainstream in Star Trek? Eric Bana who has the least amount of screentime than most of the main cast? Id even argue that outside of Tom Cruise, no one is really "mainstream" comparatively in M:I-3. Hoffman, Crudup, and Fishburne are as mainstream as Viggo.

Viggo!!!!

Actually, I always thought this would play better on cable, that way you don't have to condense all that much.

I think thats debatable. Jackman would kickass in the role, but so would Viggo. And the only way Viggo could be out of the picture at this point of discussing is he is supposedly taking time off from acting to tend to his ranch.

Just to throw that out there, Viggo is in fact a real life cowboy, loves horses, and bought the horses he used in LOTR and Hidalgo.

My cast

Hugh Jackman- Roland
Chris Evans- Eddie
Zoe Saladana- Sussanah

Last edited:
Isn't Mortensen retiring from acting?

I hope not! Though if he is, hopefully he'll pull a Brett Farve and come back in a few months.

Maybe he would come back if he was offered the right role. This might be cowboy enough of a role to lure him out of retirement. :)

Well that sucks bigtime!

Hopefully this doesn't end up being made by some half wit, not to mention...big budget in theatres or nothing for me. I'm tired of King's stories that are made for TV shows/movies, they have such small budgets and look like crap. I enjoyed a few when I was a kid but now they don't age well and are fairly terrible.

I think it sucks that JJ is turning this down for LOST of all things. I think he's spent enough time on that show, which doesn't even have much of a plot but just strings people along each season to keep ratings up.

Well, here's hoping King gives the rights to someone else who might make this well.

Fanboys, please no suggesting Peter Jackson or Del Toro as usual, I'm sure there are plenty of other good directors out their to be given a chance.

Quentin Tarantino would be the perfect choice...

Quentin Tarantino would be the perfect choice...

While I love Tarantino's films I just don't see him wanting to do a direct adaptation. Not to mention I don't think his style is right for The Dark Tower series, that's just me though.

I can see how he would go for the "original" route... That would be a bit of a problem :p

But he sure can handle the mix of genres, and most of his movies look like they happen on parallel earth, so... I think he should be the one, someone who can have a lot of fun with the movie, while making it a kick ass party

Plus, you put in the poster Stephen King + Tarantino + some of the stars that Tarantino always get, and you have some asses on seats guaranteed :woot:

JJ was supposed to but recently said he might not. Even at the beginning I thought there was little chance he would direct each installment. Im sure they would try to get a new director for each like they have for Harry Potter, Twilight, James Bond (not always, but a lot).

At any rate, JJ would probably still be producer.

I would personally love to see each film done by a different director since each book had such a different feel and tone to them.

I think that would get that feeling across quite well.

While I love Tarantino's films I just don't see him wanting to do a direct adaptation. Not to mention I don't think his style is right for The Dark Tower series, that's just me though.

You're right, knowing Tarantino he would much rather just rip The Dark Tower off, slap a new title on it, change tiny plot points and names, then when questioned on how his work borders on plagarism claim it is a "homage." :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"