Steve Carell and 'The Office' creator Greg Daniels reuniting for 'Space Force' (Netflix)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

Picked up straight to series, the show is co-created by the actor and 'The Office' boss Greg Daniels.

Steve Carell and The Office creator Greg Daniels are reuniting for a Netflix series inspired by President Trump's idea for a space force as the sixth branch of the military.

Netflix has handed out a straight-to-series order for Space Force, co-created by Carell and his former Office showrunner Daniels. Carell will star in the series, which is described as a workplace comedy centered around the people tasked with creating a sixth branch of the armed services — Space Force. Sources note the idea for the series was sparked with Trump's June order to establish Space Force as the sixth military branch.

I guess this is the next best thing to an Office revival.

I'm hoping it's not documentary style or have any talking head confessionals.

This could be interesting if it goes beyond just mocking how dumb the idea and the President are.

Audible released a farcical audiobook about Trump's Space Force:

Space Force

I wonder if Audible or Jeremy Robinson will claim copyright infringement?

What if this Space Force never materialises in real life? Then this series would be purely fictional. Are they going to be referencing Trump or just saying that some unspecified president demanded a space force?

Seems that Lisa Kudrow is in this. I hope she doesn't just act like Phoebe.

space-force-steve-carell-lisa-kudrow-765x510.jpg

I am re-watching the Office right now. Always up for Carrell having some fun. Plus, Diana Silvers. So I am definitely onboard.

Noah, looks like he's going to be Carrell's new 'Toby'

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sitcom Antagonist | National Review

"The unseen president who ultimately commands the program is meant to make us think of Donald Trump, given the way POTUS communicates, but Trump goes unmentioned. Occasionally there is a swipe at right-wing politics, such as a joke about assault rifles in space, but for the most part the show doesn’t grind any axes. It’s a workplace comedy with a stellar cast that includes John Malkovich, Jane Lynch, and Lisa Kudrow. Co-created by Carell and Greg Daniels, who previously collaborated on The Office, it makes the most of Carell’s knack for playing a beleaguered Everyman. His character is kind of awful and kind of lovable at the same time."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sitcom Antagonist | National Review

"The unseen president who ultimately commands the program is meant to make us think of Donald Trump, given the way POTUS communicates, but Trump goes unmentioned. Occasionally there is a swipe at right-wing politics, such as a joke about assault rifles in space, but for the most part the show doesn’t grind any axes. It’s a workplace comedy with a stellar cast that includes John Malkovich, Jane Lynch, and Lisa Kudrow. Co-created by Carell and Greg Daniels, who previously collaborated on The Office, it makes the most of Carell’s knack for playing a beleaguered Everyman. His character is kind of awful and kind of lovable at the same time."
Its patriotic to fight for spending on space force as opposed to food stamps for people who need them! Of course!

"She is constantly questioning the Space Force program and its spending, which she thinks would be more wisely spent on food stamps for her constituents. In one early episode, she grills him sarcastically at a congressional budget hearing, but he unexpectedly turns the tables on her. It’s beautiful to watch and kind of surprisingly patriotic too."

I'm not sure that's what Kyle Smith is saying there based on what is written as she could be grilling him sarcastically about another issue. Once the episode airs it'll be clear. I just find it humorous they'd include and look forward to seeing their take on an AOC-like character. The article also answers the question asked earlier of whether President Trump will appear or only be alluded to although the writer has only seen the first few episodes so that can change.

That's legit Michael Scott right there, a part of me just wishes they picked up the office to see where they all are now.

"She is constantly questioning the Space Force program and its spending, which she thinks would be more wisely spent on food stamps for her constituents. In one early episode, she grills him sarcastically at a congressional budget hearing, but he unexpectedly turns the tables on her. It’s beautiful to watch and kind of surprisingly patriotic too."

I'm not sure that's what Kyle Smith is saying there based on what is written as she could be grilling him sarcastically about another issue. Once the episode airs it'll be clear. I just find it humorous they'd include and look forward to seeing their take on an AOC-like character. The article also answers the question asked earlier of whether President Trump will appear or only be alluded to although the writer has only seen the first few episodes so that can change.
It's also the National Review, so...

That trailer was hilarious!

And Steve Carell’s character sure seems like a Michael Scott 2.0 lol

This looks fun!

I’d bet good money there’s a high profile cameo for the president.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"