The Dark Knight Rises Steven Spielberg calls the Nolan Batman movies beautiful art films

I remember Tim Burton on Nolan's take (I think around the times of Batman Begins). I would never be to find those links again (if they still exists), but I remember saying that he had liked it a lot and that there was no way they would have let him go that far with comic accuracy or trilogy-planning back in 1989.

I remember Tim Burton on Nolan's take (I think around the times of Batman Begins). I would never be to find those links again (if they still exists), but I remember saying that he had liked it a lot and that there was no way they would have let him go that far with comic accuracy or trilogy-planning back in 1989.

For your pleasury:

"The Christopher Nolan movie I thought was actually really good. He really captured the ‘real’ spirit that these kind of movies are supposed to have nowadays. When I did BATMAN 20 years ago, in 1988 or something, it was a different time in comic book movies. You couldn't go into that ‘dark side’ of comics yet. The last couple of years that has become acceptable and Nolan certainly got more to the root of what the Batman comics are about”

http://www.batman-on-film.com/burton-talks-batman-in-amsterdam_4-13-08.html

Thanks for digging that up, Joker! :-) It's a terrific quote from another artist in the medium (the guy who inspired me to into filmmaking when I saw BR. It was my first film.)

It's so cool to see that the opinions of those I admire and respect seem to match mine when it comes to these films. I love these films so much, I love Batman so much, and I love Christopher Nolan as a filmmaker so the merger of the two was the most perfect merger of filmmaker and subject for me ever. I really will miss the experience of these coming out. I think I feel like how my father felt watching the Indiana Jones movies and the star wars trilogy during their prime.

Tou know opinion i´d love to read? Tarantino´s! I love to see that man talking about movies and i was always very curious about what he thought about TDK Trilogy. But i think he hasn´t comment on it yet. Too bad.

The three movies were all very successful, and i´m very happy for it. The three are amazing in their own way, and none of them failed to please critics and audiences, wich is rare.

They couldn´t do the same with the first Batman saga. They couldn´t do the same with the Iron Man trilogy. They couldn´t do the same with the X-Men trilogy. They couldn´t do the same with Spider-Man trilogy. They couldn´t do the same with Hulk. They couldn´t do the same with Fantastic Four, and the list goes on and on. Nolan did with TDK trilogy what no other director could do with any other super hero saga. That´s impressive.

Tarantino is perhaps my favorite director and I love a LOT of the same films he loves. But there's a lot of stuff he hates on in recent years that I disagree with. He hates on the Bond films with Daniel Craig, or maybe I shouldn't say "hate" but he doesn't see Skyfall as a Bond movie. He didn't like Drive, etc. He hasn't said a word about the trilogy and im going to take that as him not liking those movies.

I agree with all those quotes. Despite any issues I have with aspects of each film Nolan told a very, very good superhero trilogy. Definitely the best superhero trilogy as of yet.

I can only hope Affleck is given the directors chair for continued quality on the franchise.

Also something for WB to remember, one reason Nolan's films are so great is because of him staying close to the source material, straying only to suit his adaptation. This should be applied to all characters in their own context not forced upon characters that don't require it.

I just don't think he likes this type of movies

Tarantino is perhaps my favorite director and I love a LOT of the same films he loves. But there's a lot of stuff he hates on in recent years that I disagree with. He hates on the Bond films with Daniel Craig, or maybe I shouldn't say "hate" but he doesn't see Skyfall as a Bond movie. He didn't like Drive, etc. He hasn't said a word about the trilogy and im going to take that as him not liking those movies.

Well, he said he thought Skyfall was more of an action movie than a Bond one, which is something i actually agree with, while it had location it wasn't as "exotic" or full of locations as the other films, the final battle expecially wasn't type of thing you expect in a James Bond movie but do expect in a normal action movie. That's not a bad thing in my book though, but i do know some people who were disapointed with it.

Too bad that mr. spielberg is down on directing a DC or Marvel film. Oh well.

For your pleasury:

"The Christopher Nolan movie I thought was actually really good. He really captured the ‘real’ spirit that these kind of movies are supposed to have nowadays. When I did BATMAN 20 years ago, in 1988 or something, it was a different time in comic book movies. You couldn't go into that ‘dark side’ of comics yet. The last couple of years that has become acceptable and Nolan certainly got more to the root of what the Batman comics are about”

http://www.batman-on-film.com/burton-talks-batman-in-amsterdam_4-13-08.html

Hey, T.J.! That's awesome. Thanks for the link!

I heard him saying somewhere that he digs the trilogy... also on a technical level because its shot on imax.

one time he was on howard stern and was disgusted that howard watches a movie like TDKR on an ipad :D

I heard him saying somewhere that he digs the trilogy... also on a technical level because its shot on imax.

one time he was on howard stern and was disgusted that howard watches a movie like TDKR on an ipad :D

I like him now more :)

Hey, T.J.! That's awesome. Thanks for the link!

tumblr_m7y32vuGdS1rydouao1_500.gif

I would love to see a clip of that.

I can entirely see it, because I CREATED the "How Soon Will the Backlash Start" thread. When people are comparing TDKR to SM3 or B&R already, and yes there are fans who did, it is inevitable that if BVS is half decent, it will become a major chorus. Not unlike how so many were trying to put down the Chris Reeve films or (hilariously) claiming that Shannon was better than Stamp only a few months ago.

However, I do think these films will endure past that initial and petty backlash. In another ten years, they will still be masterful and rediscovered by the fan community while the film community, critic community and GA already considers them fantastic.

And for the record, while third one is probably the least satisfying for comic book purists, I increasingly see it as the second best movie in the trilogy and one of the five best in the genre.
Those are just your typical internet dwelling mouth breathers. The kinds of people who spend all day online commenting on hundreds of Youtube videos (often in immature, inflammatory ways) while writing amazon.com reviews for products that they didn't even buy.

I'm not saying Tarantino dislikes Nolan's films, but I don't think he's a BIG fan either. When he released his Top 20 Films of 2010, Inception was no where to be found.

That video seems to no longer be active. Is there another link, or at least some quotes written somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"