Steven Spielberg calls the Nolan Batman movies beautiful art films

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by The Joker, Aug 26, 2013.

1. spiderman2 Registered

TDK is consider the best CBM ever by a lot of people and consider a great movie all around. Now TDKR is consider great but not quite has good. I my self like TDKR more. I fell the way most people fell about TDK when it comes to TDKR. I fell like TDKR is the best CMB ever and I fell like TDK is around 5th. I think TDKR has a better sound track and both bane fights where great and I love cat woman and the whole thing about a out of prime batman having to come back and rise to the challenge. The dark knight trilogy is by far my favorite trilogy spider man 1-3 is second if sm3 had been has good has it looked I would say it would be a close second to dark knight trilgy. Batman begins vs spider man 1 thought batman begins was a lot better. Dark knight vs spider man 2 though sm 2 was better then with dark knight vs spider man 3 dark knight rises milles better. 3erd favorite trilgy the old star wars now less hope that the new trilgy they are going to do will be great.

2. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Personally I agree. I'd put Batman Begins quicker at #72 over TDKR. But this was what the votes turned out. The masses have spoken.

TDK shot up since the last poll they did in 2008. TDK was at #15 then. Now it's at #3. Just goes to show it wasn't a popularity fad in 2008.

3. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

I just looked through the list, and it's definitely a VERY genre-film heavy list. Tons of other superhero movies in there, so more of a list for "film fans" than "film snobs" for sure. Also worth noting that Inception came in at #10. And #19-11 were Aliens, Jurrasic Park, Back To The Future, Avengers, GODFATHER II, Fight Club, Goodfellas, ROTK and Blade Runner. That's nuts!

I mean, I really love Inception but you probably wouldn't see it going over the majority of those films on most lists. But sheesh, good for Nolan getting two of his voted into the top 10. Guy's had a meteoric rise.

4. weezerspider Registered

Yeah TDK is definitely a good bit ahead of Rises and Begins in terms of popularity and respect(and IMO, a much better film), but the whole trilogy is overall pretty well liked and respected(and well deserved IMO).

5. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

It's also proof that any loud minorities on message boards are indeed that. Just minorities.

6. Mandon Knight This means something to those who believe....

Nolan's TDK Trilogy - an awe inspiring film making achievement.

7. Two-Face Harvey Dent

TDK Trilogy is just ahead of curve....

8. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

It's ahead of the curve, Harvey, not 'just' ahead of it ;)

He was saying just in relation to him not being a monster, he was just ahead of the curve. If that makes sense.

#58 The Joker, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  9. Two-Face Harvey Dent

Damn I couldn't remember but you said the line in TDK you would know. :D

10. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Well it was more about the context of it rather than the actual words ;)

11. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Oh my goodness I'm drooling

12. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime