Steven Spielberg & Daniel Day Lewis' Lincoln

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Darth Elektra, Feb 4, 2006.

?

Rate the movie

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Delayed... again. Come on, We've been waiting forever!

2. GhostPoet Registered

I'd like this better if Lincoln became President and suddenly aliens attack and Lincoln has to get together a rag-tag team of soldiers to fight them off.

:)

3. Hunter Rider Ronin

4. nite-owl Registered

About time as well.

5. The Sage The World's Finest

^Indeed. Wonder what's the release date for it now.

6. Christmas Registered

December 2009.

The screen write Kushner gave an interview this past week saying a decision is imminent.

7. Christmas Registered

8. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

9. Sentinel X optical illusion

Is this movie going to show the glamorized, good, loving, and caring Abraham Lincoln....or will it be about the true Abraham Lincoln (who happened to ironically be a racist) ?

I am still interested to see the film either way but Id rather get the real story. Liam Nesson is great casting though

10. MiniBond Nobody does it better....

11. ABleedingCorpse Superhero Iran? Hype That

With Obama as President, all the talk about Lincoln as a 'hero' of sorts these days, and it being a Spielberg film....it will be a watered down praize to Lincoln. I think Lincoln did a lot of good while President, but there are so many things about the man that the general population don't know about him that will more than likely stay unknown. I mean, even dead, Lincoln has an 'image' to uphold.

12. The Cape Registered

I heard about this movie for awhile now.I can't wait till it comes out.Spielberg+Neesom=genius.
    Are there any news that say if there going to show his death in the movie?That should interersting to see.

13. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

Honestly, do you really want to incur the wrath of Lincoln's spirit? That memorial will come to life and beat the **** out of whoever badmouths him.

14. ABleedingCorpse Superhero Iran? Hype That

It's better to tell the salty truth then suger coat it.

15. mclay18 Registered

I don't know why Spielberg picked Kushner to write the Lincoln biopic. I'm not saying that Kushner is a bad writer, just an inordinately lengthy one who like J.K. Rowling, uses 10 words rather than 3-5 to get his point across.

His work on Munich was solid, but I just wasn't impressed with how long it was. There's a lot of story left untold that would've been much better told as a miniseries -- it felt both overstuffed and overlong.

And Spielberg is a very fast filmmaker when it comes to dramas. He shot Munich in mid-summer to early fall 2005 -- and the film was finished in time for Oscar consideration. He had his long-time editor Michael Kahn on the set to edit the daillies and put scenes together and would review cut footage of scenes he shot two days earlier. After filming completed, I think Spielberg had the final cut of Munich locked in two weeks.

That's a lot of work involved for both Spielberg and Kahn, but they've done it plenty of times. It shouldn't be difficult for Lincoln. I mean, the first Tin Tin movie will be done shooting by the time Spielberg starts on Lincoln (and he can view finished scenes through that digital network Peter Jackson favors).

16. Christmas Registered

17. Backdrifter Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος

Yeah. Once you have been doing something for while... you tend to find a groove and work more efficiently. You see this with a lot of the masters.

18. GhostPoet Registered

I would have only gone to see this if Lincoln turned out to be an alien and the rebel forces on earth who know of the impending alien invasion were attempting to assassinate him in order to preserve the human race from being turned into protein matter to feed alien babies.

19. :eek: Registered

Liam Neeson Quits Spielberg's "Lincoln"

By Garth Franklin

Though he's been attached for many years, Liam Neeson has revealed to GMTV via Digital Spy that he's no longer involved in Steven Spielberg's long-gestating "Lincoln" biopic.
    "I'm not actually playing Lincoln now. I was attached to it for a while, but it's now...I'm past my sell-by date" said Neeson during a talk show interview. The actor is probably referring to age - Neeson is 58 and Lincoln died at 56.
    The film is also a long way off from production with Tony Kushner's script still undergoing revisions. Spielberg is committed to shooting "War Horse" next.

20. Sawyer High King

Well, way to go Spielberg... you had the perfect guy for the part, but you just had to keep pushing and pushing it further back and now he's gone! I hope you're happy.

21. TNC9852002 Banned User

Yeah, it's obviously all his fault... :whatever:

22. Sawyer High King

Dont roll your eyes at me. :o

23. CGHulk Registered

People at another site mentioned Daniel Day Lewis for the part. I agree that he would be a better pick.

#73 CGHulk, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  24. Sawyer High King

I like Neeson better for Lincoln than DDL.

25. dark_b Registered

bravooooooooooooo SPielberg bravoooooooooooooooooooooooo

[​IMG]