Steven Spielberg & Daniel Day Lewis' Lincoln

...because Lincoln is an interesting and oft mis-understood figure in our history that could make for a very interesting protagonist?

It will be weird with the vampire hunter one coming out the same year.

Daniel Day-Lewis is playing Lincoln!!! I'm so there!

I hope they go with the title "Team of Rivals."

He is getting around to it.

Starts shooting next month :up:.

Really? That I had no idea of. Then again I was completely shocked to see the trailer of Red Tails come out because I didn't know it had been even made yet.

According to Spielberg, this film will be released after next year's elections, so that it isn't accused of being "political fodder."

So we're looking at either a late November or December release date.

For those who needed more proof that this movie is finally happening...

Published: September 29, 2011
» 4 Comments | Post a Comment

Steven Spielberg and the production team from his film “Lincoln” will attend a reception on Monday at the Executive Mansion, one of the locations the crew plans to use for filming.

Gov. Bob McDonnell will host the soiree to welcome the crew to the state and “thank all involved in landing this major job-creating project for Virginia,” according to the governor’s office.

The film, based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, begins production soon in the Richmond area with a scheduled release in 2012. Daniel Day-Lewis will play former President Abraham Lincoln, and Sally Field will play Mary Todd Lincoln, though neither of them is expected to attend the event.

McDonnell talked about the reception during a radio interview on WRVA this morning and mentioned Lewis and Field, but his spokesman clarified the guest list.

McDonnell said the film's crew will use the state Capitol and governor's mansion as venues, and that people can expect to see crews set up around town from about the second week in October to Dec. 10.

The state offered an incentive package to lure the film, including $1 million from the Governor's Motion Picture Opportunity Fund, $2.5 million from the Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit program and $1.1 million in other contributions, including waived location fees or free office space, according to state and film officials.
SOURCE: http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...attend-lincoln-reception-executiv-ar-1346128/

I live in Richmond where they are filming the movie and Daniel Day Lewis has been wandering a local park the last week or so, don't think they have started filming yet.

Last I heard, the crew starts setting up tomorrow. So keep your eyes peeled, Rocker.

Tomorrow, it begins:

'Lincoln' filming to close 9th Street Thursday

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) – You can expect some traffic delays on Thursday as filming of Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" gets underway.

According to Richmond Police, 9th Street between Main and Broad will be closed from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. to accommodate Thursday's shoot.

Stay with NBC12 First Warning Traffic for continuous updates.
SOURCE: http://www.nbc12.com/story/15881561/lincoln-filming

I'm counting on your Richmonders to get our first look at Daniel Day-Lincoln. Rocker, I'm looking at you :o.

Me and Lincoln have the same B-Day so I've always been facinated with him even before I knew exactly what kind of President he was I look forward to seeing what SS comes up with.

While I am fascinated by Lincoln, I'm mostly interested in this for DDL. I can't wait to see what he does with the role.

I live in Richmond where they are filming the movie and Daniel Day Lewis has been wandering a local park the last week or so, don't think they have started filming yet.

Greetings fellow Richmonder

Which Park is he walking around in? I have been busy with class on Campus and haven't been able to check it out yet. All I know is that roads will be closed somewhere around 9th street.

I'm counting on your Richmonders to get our first look at Daniel Day-Lincoln. Rocker, I'm looking at you :o.

I'll do what I can. I know parking will be bad place but I walk through the city a lot. It would be funny if I stumbled upon DDL.

Last edited:
Well. I've got shorts to change.

Holy ****ing ****.

"Day-Lewis hasn’t broken his Lincoln accent since March and his real name doesn’t even appear on the call sheet, so it’s pretty safe to assume that he’s already “in character.”"

Prepare Oscar #3. This movie is going to be incredible.

Good god does he look like the part, there's no doubt about that he'll nail the role and unless there's tough competition which as for now it doesn't look likely, he's definitely locked for his third Oscar, **** yeah. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"