Steven Spielberg, Duffer Bros. Team to Tackle Stephen King's 'Talisman'

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Steven Spielberg, Duffer Bros. Team to Tackle Stephen King's 'Talisman' (Exclusive)

The Duffer Brothers, whose own Stranger Things owes more than a few debts to King’s work, will executive produce a series adapting the book, that will be produced by Netflix in association with Spielberg’s Amblin Television and Paramount Television Studios.

Curtis Gwinn, who worked as a writer-exec producer on Duffers’ Stranger Things, will act as writer and showrunner of the project, which is in development. With deals still being sewn up and in negotiations, Netflix and the production parties involved had no comment.

Talisman tells of a 12-year old boy named Jack Sawyer who sets off on an epic road-trip quest in order to save his dying mother’s life. He is in search of the Talisman, a powerful relic that can not only heal his mother but, as he learns, save the world. Sawyer’s journey criss-crosses two realities: the America we know and its dangerous, fantasy-world twin, The Territories.

Finally, ****.

Would’ve preferred a movie, but it’s a looong book so I’ll take a miniseries.

Don’t screw it up like The Stand please.

Don’t screw it up like The Stand please.
Netflix isn’t above a botch job, but they inspire much more confidence than a streamer that’s essentially been “Just CBS, but with a slightly larger budget.”

I’d also hope Spielberg sitting on the rights for this long means that this approach is bulletproof.

I spied a certain book in the Stranger Things finale…

Been awhile since the last update, so it’s nice to see that this is still in the mix.

Matt Duffer recently said it's still a ways off and they only have an outline of the first episode.

Matt Duffer recently said it's still a ways off and they only have an outline of the first episode.
Honestly, I’m only like 150 pages in right now, so they can take all the time they need.

One of my favorite books and I really hope it’s a well done and faithful adaption, been waiting a long time to see it made and if it’s good they’ll hopefully do, or let Mike Flanagan do a Dark Tower series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"