Storm of the X-Men in a BP film... Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'Black Panther Sequels' started by KRYPTON INC., Dec 15, 2017.

1. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

T'challa's one time bride. The mutant mistress of weather... Should Marvel use her in a BP sequel? Give your thoughts here.

2. Albright

Albright Registered

I say Yes, because its better to integrate the X-Men slowly into the MCU then trow in a rushed movie.
    The MCU mostly integrates new characters slowly (Black Widow, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Spider Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision)
    There are only a few that get a direct start like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange and of course the Guardians

3. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Nay thank you. We only just got her back. We can do better than instantly making her the wife.

4. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

I feel they'll make the X-Men teens, so if that's the case then no. But if she's older and it makes sense, I'd be fine with it.

5. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

No because the X-Men franchise need to start doing a better job with THEIR characters and dint get me started on the X-comics. The way they treat/regard black characters and thecway tgeyve vonstantky crapped on T'Challa at sny given opportunity is petty, disgusting and flat out racist. I dont care ablut Storm's relationship to T'Challa, she needs to stay away and be built up in her own franchise instead of her and by extension the rest of the X-Men rifing on T'Challa's coatails.

6. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Registered

7. Phoenix_Flare

Phoenix_Flare Registered

I’d say yes because Fox has horrible mistreated Storm in their universe so why not introduce her as this outside goddess that T’Challa meets and becomes more of an ally instead of queen of Wakanda.

8. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I'm going to say no. I love the couple in the comics, but between the age difference and T'Challa already having his own badass leading lady, I'm going to have to pass.

9. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Nope! Storm's a X-Men character first and foremost. Save her for the reboot!

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I don't think they need to get married any time soon but I'd like for her to make an appearance in a BP sequel even just to be there in his world and not necessarily playing an important part in his film. Could be a good way of introducing her before focusing on her in X-Men. And can always revisit her in subsequent BP sequels with their bond growing. Any marriage should be at least one or 2 phases after their intro IMO and after Storm becomes a prominent X-Man.

11. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

No. Focus on getting Ororo right in her movie first

12. Kimiso

Kimiso Registered

Hi Guys! I love the new Black Panther movie! It is my first time joining a fourm. I think Nakia is perfectly ok for Black Panther! Even the actors disagree about storm being in there. If they want to bring her in as a side kick that will be cool.

13. Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova Registered

No. They can incorporate that character into the MCU later with the X-Men, but not as a "love interest".

14. Silver Lantern

Silver Lantern comic nerd

I think Storm being in Black Panther 2 would be awesome. Being from Africa herself, it wouldn't be too hard saying that her village is close to Wakanda, why not maybe it is in the same place and she returns. She is a character that has deep roots to this nation and maybe Wakanda could be facing some terrible weather occurances from a villain and she arrives to lend a hand to help but I would get Halle Berry back for the role. She don't have to be a main member but a few scenes where she is helping and commiunicates to Xavier or some cool plot. Storm is one of the best Xmen characters and NOT having her in the sequel would be shameful.

15. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

I was okay with the idea pre-seeing Black Panther, but now I'm just like "Nah." Nakia is perfectly fine as a character and romantic interest -- honestly, probably the best the best one so far in any MCU film if you ask me -- even if they play out the antagonist role in the MCU later on.

(Kind of how I feel about the MCU X-Men idea overall, honestly. Marvel's proven that it doesn't really need them at this point, and they have thousands of other characters that they still have rights to for the MCU.)

16. eon001

eon001 Registered

Nay.

Even if Marvel had full rights, I would rather they keep the focus on the characters they've introduced. Nakia deserves some screen time.

There's plenty of time to have Storm crossover in the future. like WAY in the future. After the BP trilogy. And tbh a Storm cameo is just fan service that won't enhance the story. If they never hook up I'd be fine.

17. LTuser

LTuser Registered

I'd say no. Start doing her right first, with the Xmen, THEN tie her into BP.

18. Faith_Cassidy

Faith_Cassidy Registered

Personally, I want to see a Storm solo film before another X-Men film and I think introducing her in a BP sequel (maybe the 3rd film) would be a great way to build hype for that. I'm not really a fan of Nakia as a love interest, as I don't see the chemistry between Chad and Lupita. But Storm doesn't need to be introduced as a love interest, she could simply be a friend or ally.

19. x-er

x-er Registered

^ Some fans in the x-men forums are saying that. I wouldn't mind the idea of introducing a new Storm in Black Panther at all. But I like Nakia too. She's probably the prettiest actress I have ever seen on the big screen.

20. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Registered

21. x-er

x-er Registered

You have the X-fans' permission to cast the X-Men as old as freaking you want!!

btw, some pretty cool picks going on in the fancast thread in the X-Men Sequels forum.

22. x-er

x-er Registered

why is everyone talking about grace randall today

23. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

That comment about Grace was made more than 2 months ago.

24. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Yes! What better way to introduce Ororo than in a BP sequel? Let her get development with her relationship with T'Challa, and her life in Wakanda, before her leaving for New York and eventually becoming an X-Men. In the future, we can have crossover between BP and X-Men as well.

25. Yellow Cyclone

Yellow Cyclone Pessimist