Comics Storm & T'Challa: Royal Wedding Countdown Discussion

I was totally about to post that link! You go Weatherwitch!

I can't believe how asinine he is! "Buy the books!" he says, but he has no explanation for why one character has to be torn down to build up another. The level of testosterone poisoning overthere is also rediculous, it almost seems to border of misyogony(sp).

There is no way in hell I'm paying for anything he's writing. He has no respect for any audience outside of his base.

I'm so utterly speechless. Hudlin is a bastard. I am so tempted to go on his sight and suggest that real Storm Fans just download his crap and start buying DC, just out of spite.

What Storm needs is a good female writer and a intospective about how she shouldn't have to be a submissive sidekick just to boost someone elses ego...

Goddessreicho said:
What Storm needs is a good female writer and a intospective about how she shouldn't have to be a submissive sidekick just to boost someone elses ego...

Unfortunately there are very few female writers in the comic business. In fact, I dont think there has ever been a female writer on any of the core X-books.

Devyn Grayson once did a Rogue mini that completely f***ed up continuity, so there isn't a good precedent.

weatherwitch said:
http://www.hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=1668.180

If Hudlin's responses don't tell you what kind of f**ked up mindset he has in regards to this marriage and Storm, nothing will.

Heh....quite a battle going on there between the Storm heads and the BP heads.

Perhaps I should make my...ahem, presence known there too. LOL :cool: The question is....who will I stand with?

Lightning Strikez! said:
Heh....quite a battle going on there between the Storm heads and the BP heads.

Perhaps I should make my...ahem, presence known there too. LOL :cool:

You should. I know you're for this marriage--but seeing how Hudlin treats Storm fans and our girl...well, it speaks for itself. :mad:

weatherwitch said:
You should. I know you're for this marriage--but seeing how Hudlin treats Storm fans and our girl...well, it speaks for itself. :mad:

Well, I won't say I'm 100% for this marriage per se just yet; rather I'm for Storm (points to screen name) and what's in her best interests. I think this marriage could be a good thing for the development of the character. And I've loved the BP for several years now--even before she came into the equation.

But if this were a real wedding, I'd be sitting on the Bride's family's side of the aisle. :o

I have 13 pages of debate at Hudlin's site to read....let me get a sense of the culture there before I join the fray. I will also talk to Tas (Xfanfan)...we may need to alert STWOTX's Squad members and have them attack that board too. ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:
Well, I won't say I'm 100% for this marriage per se just yet; rather I'm for Storm (points to screen name) and what's in her best interests. I think this marriage could be a good thing for the development of the character. And I've loved the BP for several years now--even before she came into the equation.

But if this were a real wedding, I'd be sitting on the Bride's family's side of the aisle. :o

I have 13 pages of debate at Hudlin's site to read....let me get a sense of the culture there before I join the fray. I will also talk to Tas (Xfanfan)...we may need to alert STWOTX's Squad members and have them attack that board too. ;)

It's funny you should say that. The members of that site are already accusing "fanboy", unread Storm fans of raiding that forum. It's an open forum--what exactly did they think would happen when we got wind of it? :rolleyes:

weatherwitch said:
http://www.hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=1668.180

If Hudlin's responses don't tell you what kind of f**ked up mindset he has in regards to this marriage and Storm, nothing will.
That's just wrong. Without continuity and canon, stories have no significance.

Why would we care about something that happens to our favorite characters if we're constantly worrying that someone will just change or even erase it in a week?

GoddessReicho said:
I'm so utterly speechless. Hudlin is a bastard. I am so tempted to go on his sight and suggest that real Storm Fans just download his crap and start buying DC, just out of spite.

Artemis, Holly, Bastet, and so many of the other ladies have handled themselves well there. The male Storm fans are doing well too. I think the BP fans are in shock--I don't think they were expecting a literary "Storm" to blow onto their board and blow them down. A lot of that comes from not being aware of the other side of the equation--which is understandable. To be honest, some of the Storm fans are equally ignorant when it comes to making assumptions about T'Challa's character.

weatherwitch said:
It's funny you should say that. The members of that site are already accusing "fanboy", unread Storm fans of raiding that forum. It's an open forum--what exactly did they think would happen when we got wind of it? :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that.

I've said my peace there. I've also said a few words to Mr. Hudlin too--he's not creating a atmosphere that lends itself to a balanced discussion.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Artemis, Holly, Bastet, and so many of the other ladies have handled themselves well there. The male Storm fans are doing well too. I think the BP fans are in shock--I don't think they were expecting a literary "Storm" to blow onto their board and blow them down. A lot of that comes from not being aware of the other side of the equation--which is understandable. To be honest, some of the Storm fans are equally ignorant when it comes to making assumptions about T'Challa's character.

Yeah I saw that.

I've said my peace there. I've also said a few words to Mr. Hudlin too--he's not creating a atmosphere that lends itself to a balanced discussion.

**hugs Cal**
blowkiss.gif

Read your post. Very well stated and valid points. :D

weatherwitch said:
**hugs Cal**
blowkiss.gif

Read your post. Very well stated and valid points. :D

LOL

I'll admit there is quite a bit of arrogance there--and a lot presumption. I hope that this works out for their sakes--because if this backfires egg will certainly drip.

And you, my dear, are taking quite a beating over there. I suggest you take out your broom and get's to sweepin'! :o

LOL....omg that thread is crazy. I do love your posts, WW and LS. You both vocalize your opinions very well; without degenerating to 'dissing and name calling.

LittleMissVixen said:
LOL....omg that thread is crazy. I do love your posts, WW and LS. You both vocalize your opinions very well; without degenerating to 'dissing and name calling.

You should see the whole board--there's like...no moderators at all it seems! Just all out cuss-battles!

Um....okay Reggie....you lost me there....

"Well, you've really hit the nail on the head here. One of the posters in the other thread said it right out - The Black Panther isn't worthy of Storm.

I really have no words for this. Her flirtations with Dracula, Dr. Doom, Nitghtcrawler and Wolverine are okay, but the idea of her being with the Black Panther disgusts them.

Wow."

Lightning Strikez! said:
You should see the whole board--there's like...no moderators at all it seems! Just all out cuss-battles!

I have already seen and read more than I care too on that board.

Reggie doesn't appear to have a lot of respect for his readers. Either that, or he's not interested in keeping the ones he has.

Several of his comments are very insensitive. He should take a page from the book of tact that Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Mark Johnson, John Ottman and other professionals use when dealing with fans one-on-one.

Dracula, Dr. Doom, Nitghtcrawler and Wolverine are okay

What I wanna know is, what's Nightcrawler doing in this group? Okay, his looks are non-standard, but Kurt's a perfect gentleman. Storm could do worse... :p

Honestly, I think it's time to direct Marvel's PR and Editorial groups to Hudlin's website to see how the writer of this is going out of his way to alienate the very demographics they are trying to attract.

The marketing people will crap themselves, especially considering how much this is spreading.

synnerman said:
Honestly, I think it's time to direct Marvel's PR and Editorial groups to Hudlin's website to see how the writer of this is going out of his way to alienate the very demographics they are trying to attract.

The marketing people will crap themselves, especially considering how much this is spreading.

Oh yeah. He really needs to stop talking altogether and let the fans deal with eachother. I'm not saying he can't be biased towards his own work--it is his site after all--but don't diss the readers' line of thinking as "queer" or needless "whining". These are the people who are going to buy your books.

Or not.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Well, maybe T'Challa will be assassinated. ;) It's not like Marvel's top brass have an affinity for the comic book.

LS I like how you stood up and took a stand on the Hudlin board homey.:up:

Lightning Strikez! said:
Reggie doesn't appear to have a lot of respect for his readers. Either that, or he's not interested in keeping the ones he has.

Several of his comments are very insensitive. He should take a page from the book of tact that Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Mark Johnson, John Ottman and other professionals use when dealing with fans one-on-one.

I agree, Reggie does come across as more than a little arrogant. I'm sure he doesn't care in the slightest, being incredibly successful and all, but would it really hurt to be a little nicer?

deemar325 said:
LS I like how you stood up and took a stand on the Hudlin board homey.:up:

Thanks Brah. :up:

FieryBalrog said:
I agree, Reggie does come across as more than a little arrogant. I'm sure he doesn't care in the slightest, being incredibly successful and all, but would it really hurt to be a little nicer?

Exactly. He seriously needs to develop some Customer Service skills. Being cold and condescending with your readers--while your book is selling so poorly--is a surefire ticket to disaster. :o But that's okay...he'll learn the lesson, one way or another.

^ He's why brotha's get a bad rapp, Hudlin is so smug I just want to slap the taste out his mouth! He got no respect for Priest and the fans.

Check this quote out (edited for length):

Reginald Hudlin said:
It's so buggy when people come on to the board with the sole purpose of flaming, then when they get chin-checked they start complaining about how rough the gang at HEF plays.

There's been a flurry of new members, and let me say, regardless of your feelings about...well, anything, you are welcome. But bad behavior is not tolerated here.

Not all of you have contempt for the Panther, not all of you are really nasty...but enough are that you all tend to blend together.

If any of you bothered to read any of the other threads on the board, you'd see that even though there is violent disagreement about politics or whatever here, there's always a drive to keep things civil.

If you really dug back in the boards, you see that periodically, folks come on here to flame, or to ***** about continuity, or whether Cap could beat Panther's ass, or whatever...and those issues have been talked to death here.

I'm not going to discuss stories that haven't been printed yet. You'll have to sit on your presumptions until the books are actually in stores.

As for your single minded notions of how people fall in love, stay in love, get married....have any of you been in love or married? Because anyone who claims they know exactly how it happens for everyone is a damn idiot.

The idea that this is Storm vs. Panther is some wierdness you're bringing to the table. I don't think HEF members would be happy about the marriage if they didn't love Storm. You just hate the Panther. Or don't think he's worthy.

Like Flavor Flav said: I can't do nuttin for ya man.

:o