Strange World

Very cool.

As good as some of the Disney Animated Features have been in the past few years, this might be the first since Atlantis where I was just excited by the premise alone (final product not withstanding).

So this gets a theatrical release but Turning Red and Luca were Disney+ exclusives?

We’ll see if that stays. We’re at a point where nobody cares about COVID or wearing masks anymore. It’s going to come back to bite us in the butt come fall.

Love the pulpy planet and creature design. They could have eased up on the pink tho. Needs a bit more variation and contrast.

The character designs would be fine except for the bulbous noses. I'll never understand that design choice.

I'll probably watch it on Disney+ at some point if the reviews are good.

Yes all that fuchsia was certainly a choice lol. But I will there in the theater.

though I think it looks great, I don’t understand, why they release this so close after Lightyear and before Avatar. It all aims at a similar target group (ok that is for Avatar of course much bigger)

though I think it looks great, I don’t understand, why they release this so close after Lightyear and before Avatar. It all aims at a similar target group (ok that is for Avatar of course much bigger)
5 months after Lightyear ain't all that close and it'll still have three to four weeks before Avatar. Plus a lot of families go to the theater around Thanksgiving and Christmas so it'll be just fine

They released Encanto during Thanksgiving last year and it did really well

We’ll see if that stays. We’re at a point where nobody cares about COVID or wearing masks anymore. It’s going to come back to bite us in the butt come fall.
No it won't. COVID's mostly fizzled out by this point and most new "variants" are all but harmless, especially since most of the population's vaccinated (here in NJ, we're nearly 80% vaccinated). Only thing anyone's "sick" of is guys saying BS like "We'll have another spike like last Christmas and we'll be screwed". Now can we PLEASE get back on topic with the damn movie?

No it won't. COVID's mostly fizzled out by this point and most new "variants" are all but harmless, especially since most of the population's vaccinated (here in NJ, we're nearly 80% vaccinated). Only thing anyone's "sick" of is guys saying BS like "We'll have another spike like last Christmas and we'll be screwed". Now can we PLEASE get back on topic with the damn movie?

lol Cassandra speaking here…

Flu fizzles out every year and comes right back the next. Some flu seasons are worse than others. And there is zero guarantee that new variations won't be worse or bypass the vaccine. Right now there are over 105,000 new cases and 291 deaths in the US every day. Covid is here to stay.

Flu fizzles out every year and comes right back the next. Some flu seasons are worse than others. And there is zero guarantee that new variations won't be worse or bypass the vaccine. Right now there are over 105,000 new cases and 291 deaths in the US every day. Covid is here to stay.
Even so, we need to move on. Can't let this damn thing rule our lives anymore. I've done my part.

Damn. I saw the title and I was hoping this was a legacy sequel to Dee Snyder’s Strangeland. :o

How has this thing been completely off my radar?

I have a feeling this movie is gonna be what Lightyear should have been. The retrofuturistic style they're going for is fantastic.

This almost seems like a callback to the type of animated movies Disney was making in the early 2000's like Atlantis and Treasure Planet. My prediction is I can see this being like the Atlantis: The Lost Empire of the Disney Revival era in that it won't light the box office on fire like Frozen but it'll have a cult following down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"