Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

It's too early for them to guarantee anything about the runtime. Right now it's a goal they are aiming for. But things could change once they start putting the episodes together in post production.
Yeah. Just make it the length they want to make it and whatever seems natural/right as things start coming together. The conclusion needs to be great and the high point of the whole show so I don’t want them even having to waste a second thining about restrictions on length outside of those they want to put in themselves.

The only thing that really makes me certain that Season 5 will be shorter than 4 is because there was a lot of backstory dumping done in 4 about Vecna's origins on top of the whole rescuing Hopper in Russia plotline. Now that that's out of the way and
assuming everyone is pretty much going to be in the same place for the final season (making the safe assumption that Joyce, El and the Byers boys stay in Hawkins)
, there's no need for 5 to be anywhere near as long as 4 was.

I still think that the major reason why 4 was as long as it was is because of the pandemic-related delay and they wanted to give fans as much show as possible when it came back. If it weren't for Covid, they'd have probably trimmed down a good deal and shaved off maybe an hour's worth of fat from the season or more.
Hopper in the gulag, Joyce and Murray's Russian misadventures, Mike and the Byers boys going to Suzie's house, and a lot of the military searching for Eleven/NINA Project stuff
would have probably been cut down significantly. Basically everything except for the main Hawkins plotline would have probably been significantly cut down.

Finished it up today and it might be my least favorite season so far? But, boy they ended it on a high note. I'd have to watch the first two seasons again to really say how I'd rank them. I think my biggest issues were the Hopper/Russia storyline I didn't care for too much and same with the whole Eleven flashback stuff, which was too drawn out. I also wish Jonathan and company would have had more to do in season 4.

A little too all over the place but Vol 2 was very good and I'm really excited for season 5.

The orchestral arrangement of Eleven's theme in 4x08 is amazing. That whole sequence is...

I really love this version of the main theme they had at the very end of the season:

I sort of see the main theme as representing the Upside Down itself. In past seasons, they’ve always either played it entirely during the credits or just slightly sneak it in before the credits start, which I sort of see as the essence or presence of the Upside Down creeping into our world.

With the end of this season, they start out with what you think is going to be the standard theme playing a little bit before the credits start. But, as it goes on, bits of orchestra start mixing in more and more as it goes on, until it goes full orchestra and operatic right at the end, finishing before the credits even roll.

Like the main theme itself, fully playing completely within the show in its entirety, the Upside Down has finally achieved full power and completely invaded the real world.

I love this show.

Can't wait to see how to regular folks and reporters explain the hellgate away next season. My money is on...

Hawkin's was unknowingly built on a large coal seam, and the 7.5 earthquake created large fissures and the coal seam ignited. The smoke and fumes caused mass hallucinations and the fires and fumes caused mass casualties.

Or it's a previously unknown shield volcano that erupted and the 7.5 earthquake was a precursor of the eruption.

Gotta have everyone in Hawkins finally figure out what's going on though. There's literally no reason to keep them oblivious here again when all kinds of monsters are going to inevitably come out of the gates.

did not know the guy who played Eddie was a Britt saw an interview of him about his guitar scene and I was like wow had no idea.

I would really like better writing for Winona's character. I love her but she is sooo boring to watch.

I thought there was going to be a time jump for season 5? Seems unlikely the monsters will wait years to come through the gate. So is season 5 going to open a fews years later with the entire state of Indiana a warzone fallen to hellspawn?

I would really like better writing for Winona's character. I love her but she is sooo boring to watch.
Agreed. It's felt like she's just been along for the ride these past couple of seasons, which is bizarre to think about since Winona has top billing.

I thought there was going to be a time jump for season 5? Seems unlikely the monsters will wait years to come through the gate. So is season 5 going to open a fews years later with the entire state of Indiana a warzone fallen to hellspawn?
That's what the rumors have said but I can't see an immediate time jump given how 4 ended. Although I guess I'd be okay with a time jump happening after the first episode or something like that, similar to Avengers Endgame's story structure.

Agreed. It's felt like she's just been along for the ride these past couple of seasons, which is bizarre to think about since Winona has top billing.

That's what the rumors have said but I can't see an immediate time jump given how 4 ended. Although I guess I'd be okay with a time jump happening after the first episode or something like that, similar to Avengers Endgame's story structure.

It hasn’t really bothered me that much, but I definitely would like to get her to really chew on something in this final season. And, with Will having a really big focus at the end, I can definitely see Joyce and Jonathan following suit. They’re putting a lot of the characters back into similar groupings and roles that we saw back in the very first season, so I imagine that a lot of that furthered development towards the characters is going to be similar.

It’s kind of a common narrative thing in a lot of media to have bookends to a piece reflect each other, and I see Stranger Things 5 mirroring a lot of stuff in the first season.
I want Karen Wheeler to get in on the action. Itd be nice to see all the kids' parents get one episode fighting for their children before the show ends.

Seeing her and Nancy go full Ellen Ripley/Sarah Connor on a ton of demogorgan ash with an entire armory of shotguns, machine guns, assault rifles and rocket launchers would make my day. Nay, my entire year.

Eddie...

metallica-james-hetfield.gif

original.gif

metallica-kirk.gif

Rock on you madman.

Cool detail about Eddie's solo, that Metallica album came out a few weeks before the events of this season. Eddie learned it by ear in less than month.

Tbf the rumour is just that there is a time jump

There's no mention of when that happens

There's a fairly realistic chance that actually happens for the ending rather than the beginning

I want to see the characters present day, they would probably be in their 50s. Maybe at the very end of the series.

We binged S4 over two nights recently with some holiday time for myself & partner. Incredible season IMHO. As ever, they homaged from other series and bent heavily into full on horror mode this season and effectively merged Pinhead and Freddy into one villain but still very well handled.

My ranking now of the seasons would be 1,3,4,2.

Since Jonathan showed support for Will I expect him to die. That will also free up Nancy to be with Steve.

Max is forked too. I think Vecna grabbed her soul when she was dead for a minute. I just hope they can get her back before Vecna twists her into something awful.

Good on them. They’re in the endgame and need to resolve what was setup at the climax of this season, and adding more characters would just overcomplicate things.
Yeah I prefer that at this stage. The newer characters have been good but now in the endgame it’s time to focus on who we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"