Street Fighter V

Who said it's titillating? Cammy's angle is absolutely innocent for me. Mika's is spicy, but no more than her concept overall. Besides, it's original vision and intent, it looks better.
These are the exact things betas are for. If it had been a closed beta no one would have even noticed it. There is literally no deal to be had here.

It's weird to me, too. I like the original better, I do think it looks better overall, but it's such a pedantic thing. One of those weird issues people blow up about that doesn't really matter much.
You would think this was a balancing issue the amount of attention this situation has got.

These are the exact things betas are for. If it had been a closed beta no one would have even noticed it. There is literally no deal to be had here.
But we saw it and it was better. I wanted it back and I got it, too bad it's with help of modding (I usually never mod my games). Looks complete now.

Got 250+ k FM with help of survival. My impressions on characters. Mika, Fang, Rashid, Dhalsim, Laura, Zangief, Vega - either weak or just too tricky to play good. Ryu, Ken, Karin, Nash, Necalli, Birdie - solid mid. tiers. Cammy, Bison, Chun-Li - top stuff. But overall - difference between these isn't dramatic. Almost every character has something to offer.

Happy for Cammy, high chance she will be played a lot on EVO.

thanks.

well, I caved and picked up my preorder. I used trade in credit which brought the price down to around $10.

I figured in its current state, it should at least be worth that much. :o

Plus, I wanted that Cammy Battle outfit. :drl:

I'd trade Chun's one for Cammy. Since I don't play Chun. I have to wait for a month till they unlock the shop and other DLC costumes.

Last edited:
Cammy and Ryu's outfits are my favorites. Cammy came with Best Buy, so that is what I ended up with. I use her, so it is good.

what is Ryu's "story mode" outfit? is it the same as the shirtless/rugged battle outfit?

I thought I saw a trailer somewhere about the story costumes and Ryu's looked like that rugged battle outfit.

Wait, so is Cammy really top tier. That's...weird. She's also been a 'noob friendly' type of character, but she's always been lower tier since she was introduced, low mid tier at best.

I'd trade Chun's one for Cammy. Since I don't play Chun. I have to wait for a month till they unlock the shop and other DLC costumes.

Do you have a Chun code you don't want then? I'd love to have it, but I don't have the Cammy costume. I pre-orderd via Amazon, so I should have the Bison one soon.

what is Ryu's "story mode" outfit? is it the same as the shirtless/rugged battle outfit?

I thought I saw a trailer somewhere about the story costumes and Ryu's looked like that rugged battle outfit.
It's Ryu's Alpha outfit, his "original" outfit, with the white head band.

Wait, so is Cammy really top tier. That's...weird. She's also been a 'noob friendly' type of character, but she's always been lower tier since she was introduced, low mid tier at best.
There are no legit tiers yet, and won't be for months. Early on, the easier characters to use, are always called top tier. Evo is going to be fun. :woot:

It's Ryu's Alpha outfit, his "original" outfit, with the white head band.

ah, thanks.

well that's a bummer, cuz I really wanted that rugged costume.

but I'm sure those preorder costumes will be available to purchase later on.

anyways, I've heard that the story costumes can be unlocked but you can buy them yet because the store's not up. is that true?

and even though you unlock them, you still have to buy them??

what about the preorder battle costumes? can we at least use those if we've downloaded them?

Ah, well I thought maybe with the beta being out for so long that we maybe had a tier list or a basic idea of one anyway.

ah, thanks.

well that's a bummer, cuz I really wanted that rugged costume.

but I'm sure those preorder costumes will be available to purchase later on.

anyways, I've heard that the story costumes can be unlocked but you can buy them yet because the store's not up. is that true?

and even though you unlock them, you still have to buy them??

what about the preorder battle costumes? can we at least use those if we've downloaded them?

Story costumes aren't unlocked just by playing the little story mode. You have to buy them with FM. Not sure if the store is up yet, my patch is still downloading so I'm waiting before I get into it.

Do you have a Chun code you don't want then? I'd love to have it, but I don't have the Cammy costume. I pre-orderd via Amazon, so I should have the Bison one soon.
I wish I had, but I'm a Steam player.

Story costumes aren't unlocked just by playing the little story mode. You have to buy them with FM. Not sure if the store is up yet, my patch is still downloading so I'm waiting before I get into it.
Shop will open in March. Also, DLC costumes go only for Zenny, means real money. And they told us it's possible to buy everything with ingame currency.

Last edited:
Did you not get a code for pre-ordering on Steam? Or did it just auto-download it?

ah, thanks.

I just pray Capcom won't chase those, who modded beta angles back. It doesn't affect gameplay, but makes some of us happy. The rest may enjoy their small SJW feminist victory.

1ECB891BD8B7548036F6448467E0A92521D0B045

CF6B9C0909577DA2614B05A1B564AA4D9A611D00

according to this article, Capcom is "looking into" adding a proper Arcade Mode as well as difficulty sliders for the story mode.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...rcade-mode-for-street-fighter-v/#2faaf29a419a

hopefully, Capcom won't have to do much looking into it and patch this in asap.

though, it is kind of frightening that Capcom has to "look into" adding such a basic fighting game staple into the game.

I don't really care about Arcade mode at all. I use to like it because I felt it did a good job of prepping you for online or learning how to use characters. But the more I played IV the more I realized that it really doesn't. Fighting against the AI just isn't really the same as fighting about a real opponent. It's better just to jump online and do training mode to learn moves and combos.

I'll tell you what annoys the most as far as what's lacking, and that's no lobby system of any kind.

EDIT: I wish there was a better tutorial, too. I really don't understand V-Trigger at all. Does it just buff your attacks and some characters get some new ones or...?

Last edited:
But we saw it and it was better. I wanted it back and I got it, too bad it's with help of modding (I usually never mod my games). Looks complete now.

Got 250+ k FM with help of survival. My impressions on characters. Mika, Fang, Rashid, Dhalsim, Laura, Zangief, Vega - either weak or just too tricky to play good. Ryu, Ken, Karin, Nash, Necalli, Birdie - solid mid. tiers. Cammy, Bison, Chun-Li - top stuff. But overall - difference between these isn't dramatic. Almost every character has something to offer.

Happy for Cammy, high chance she will be played a lot on EVO.

Cammy is too easy to learn meaning skilled players will know what to look for. I'd place her mid. Birdie is top tier. Chun seems pretty top as well. Almost 3rd Strike levels of good. Her v-trigger borders on broken. I look forward to seeing her in top 8 or winning Evo it's self. Personaly, Ilook forward to seeing some good Vega Tech. I've been keeping an eye on this guy Gram Wolfe who uses Vega, he does good stuff.

I'm having a lot more problem pulling off super (or whatever they're called now) and crouch blocking than I did with IV, but I think a lot of it is the pad. I got the Hori Fight Commander 4, and it's a solid pad, but it lacks the webbed d-pad (similar to how the 360 dpad was was designed) like the IV FightPads I had which made that stuff a lot smoother. Less hard on your thumb, too. I've only played 20-ish matches and my thumb is fairly sore so I have to take a break. That space in-between the d-pad buttons throws me off with those functions. Makes me wonder if I should have strung from the extra and got the official Pads, even though they seem to be getting poor reviews for whatever reasons.

EDIT: Urgh, looking at the Amazon reviews it seems they're getting shredded because MadCatz redesigned the d-pad on that, too, into some kind of weird simple button with multi directional functions. The floating d-pad of the IV pads were so good, I don't get why they redid them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"