Streets of Rage 4

I always used Max

Same. My friends and I loved playing 2 more than 3. I always chose Max, or Skate. Got myself killed more than once trying to grab enemies from the back since Max couldn't flip over their head like the others. But his jump backbreaker would take almost a full bar of health, so it was worth it.

2 days ago
STREETS OF RAGE 4: New Behind The Scenes Video Introduces Us To The Game's Developers
Dotemu has released a new behind the scenes video for the upcoming Streets of Rage 4, which introduces us to the team of programmers and designers, and what led them to create this new game.Read more

| 11/13/2019
Filed Under: "Fighting Games"
STREETSOFRAGE4-Banner-November13.jpg

It didn't take much for fans of the Streets of Rage series to get excited when Dotemu announced, back in August of last year, that they were working with Guard Crush Games and Lizardcube to develop a brand-ew entry in the series.

Streets of Rage 3 was, at the time, the last entry the series would see in 25 years — which is one of the many reasons fans have to be excited for Streets of Rage 4; not to mention that the game features a beautiful hand-drawn art style from the same artists that worked on the Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap.

This new Streets of Rage title doesn't only shine because of its art style, since gameplay has also been described to be faithful to the series while also adding new things that keep its gameplay mechanics fresh.

Today, Dotemu has shared a video that introduces us to the team of designers and programmers who have been working on Streets of Rage 4, while also sharing their experiences and what drove them to want to develop a new entry in the iconic beat 'em up series.

Check it out:

Featuring hand-drawn visuals from the team behind 2017’s gorgeous Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap remake, Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem.

Streets of Rage 4 will be available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One in 2020

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

It's about that time....

Damn this was a nice little surprise yesterday when it dropped, you can tell they put a lot of love into this and it certainly feels like a SoR game and I love the updated art style, also the new characters are a great addition and very varied to give it some replayability. The ultra moves are a nice neat addition that fit in well as well and the enemy design is inkeeping with the previous as well as some nice new mechanics for the newly designed ones. Overall very nice little game to play in between the big AAA ones. Bit pricey for what you get but its fun for sure and will scratch that nostalgia itch and goes to show a classic can still hold up in this day and age.

I never had a Megadrive so I’ll be very interested to try this out.

I never had a Megadrive so I’ll be very interested to try this out.

How can you not have had a Megadrive? :gibbs:

Loved the original(s), I didn't even know they were developing this & I'm keen to try it out. From what I've seen it looks very much in the same spirit as the rest.

Wouldn't even mind them giving Golden Axe the same treatment, who remembers that?

How can you not have had a Megadrive? :gibbs:

Loved the original(s), I didn't even know they were developing this & I'm keen to try it out. From what I've seen it looks very much in the same spirit as the rest.

Wouldn't even mind them giving Golden Axe the same treatment, who remembers that?
I was a kid back then so it was a choice between the SNES and the Megadrive and SFII took the decision out of my hands. :cwink:

Reactions: B
I played on a friends Megadrive since I owned a SNES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"