Student allegedly plotting to kill other classmates "influenced" by Naruto anime

Carnutt all depends on the kid. If the kid wants to tell, he'll tell. If he doesn't, he'll start to put on a mask. My parents were literally TV parents, my father's practically Jonathon Kent from Smallville. But there are some things some kids don't want their parents to know, not because of how they'll react- but how the kid personally feels about it which alters depending on the kid.

Oh and btw, they knew a lot heading into Freshman year. From there the mask started to develop. So they knew about the incident in eighth grade of the whole act like a split-personality guy thing and talked to me about that as said before. Going into high school, things changed- things got worse. Things got more secretive out of my own volition, part of the whole teenage seeking independence thing probably. Don't know. Just the mask starts forming freshman year on. Or at least in my case.

Nevermind. You sound like an emo. A self-pitying fool who can only be comfortable when you're emotional about something. Like the subject of this thread, for instance.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, "TV parents" don't mean diddly. The ones with the biggest smiles in the neigborhood are usually the ones with something to hide about themselves. A smile is the best natural mask you can hide behind in. Maybe that's where you got the rest of your attitude from.

Maybe I should give up some of my background all the way out of my teen years:
  • (Physically) abusive stepdad
  • Apathetic mom
  • Ran away to live with friends and on the streets at 14
  • While managing to stay in school and making honor-roll
  • Moved in with (mentally) abusive real dad
  • Joined the Air Force after high-school with nothing but my clothes and a driver's license in an otherwise empty wallet
  • Graduated college as class Valedictorian
  • Managing to raise a beautiful family of five, while working for a major company with very good compensation, doing a job that allows me to waste some time posting crap like this, since I have never been late for a project or project update.
  • While in the meantime, I am working with partners to possibly start a side business with potential.
So don't talk to me like you have no choice as to who you are and what happens to you. My advice: Grow some balls, quit wallowing in the past, and do something about your future. If your future involves taking a beatdown from a bully because you stood up for yourself, then so be it. I'll die before I let anyone force me into not being myself. But then again, this whiny persona IS you, isn't it?

I bet you think you're brave for telling all of us your backstory, when all you are doing is filling up your pity-pool for you to swim in. :whatever:

I am troubled for the fact the FBI was involved, i would hope they have bigger fish to fry wow.

Actually not brave since I've been around here for a while. Interpret that as you want. I'm not a newbie. Only through these means can I say the truth about back then, but I also take that truth and use it to try to help. Not proud of having these thoughts and don't want people to connect me with the notion of "when he was in high school he thought about pulling a Columbine," I try to stay detached from that if possible. Main reason I registered a different name specifically for this thread.

And moved on from the past? Yeah. That's why now I'm on sites such as teenhelp and other sites dealing with and helping kids who were like me and are going through the same experiences I did back then. Future's a little iffy- want to be a film director, but lately I've been having this guidance council-type mind track. Maybe combine the two. All I know is I want to help try to find a solution to these problems so that things like this rarely happen rather than happen on a more rapid basis.

And nope, not an emo. Just saying that many of these kids get unjustly labeled as 'monsters'. To me everyone involved in these incidents is a victim. There are no martyrs and there are no monsters. And actually sickens me to see the media being blamed when people should look at themselves and at the school society. There's a trigger, no one just wakes up and wants to kill at this young of an age.

Also when I said TV parents, not meaning to outside world. Meant both outside world and as parental relationships of always being there and always being supportive. The best friend vibe between Jonathon and Clark. My parents were very supportive of me going into the film business- which as many probably know is definitely not a common thing.

On here trying to shed some light from someone that's been there and thought these things. Not to get pity. Just feel that the more people who know more information about what goes on behind such a mind, the better informed people can be about things like this, make the world turn round.

I am troubled for the fact the FBI was involved, i would hope they have bigger fish to fry wow.

Usually when you ignore the small fish they become big.

I even hate to admit this, but I'm going to watch that **** at 9:30 tonight. :csad:

Usually when you ignore the small fish they become big.

Maybe but it shows a lack in faith for the local PD to get the small fish. Especially if the small fish digs cartoons..........

Why do news networks get to use wikipedia as a source, but I cant use it for my college papers? Oh yeah, probably because college papers have to have some amount of accuracy and credibility, as opposed to news stories.

Yeah, why do college papers have to be so credible? Is it because they could be published?

HA:hoboj:

I laugh if some future student used my paper as a resourced only to find half of it is WRONG! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"