Stupid commercials

JimThompson

Sidekick
Reaction score
Did not see a thread like this out there, so if there is one and I have just over-looked it I apologize. Thought there should be a general thread just devoted to stupid commercials and advertisements. Subject seems ripe with material.
For example, what brought this idea to mind was watching an ad for Tin Cup Whiskey. Buncha guys climb up to the top of a mountain and then break out the whiskey. Sounds like a great idea. Get lit on the heights. What could possibly go wrong?
Course they did put the disclaimer in to make sure you drink responsibly. :funny:

Did not see a thread like this out there, so if there is one and I have just over-looked it I apologize. Thought there should be a general thread just devoted to stupid commercials and advertisements. Subject seems ripe with material.
For example, what brought this idea to mind was watching an ad for Tin Cup Whiskey. Buncha guys climb up to the top of a mountain and then break out the whiskey. Sounds like a great idea. Get lit on the heights. What could possibly go wrong?
Course they did put the disclaimer in to make sure you drink responsibly. :funny:

Something like this I imagine.

People regularly celebrate getting to the summit with alcohol. I always carry beer when I go scrambling.

It's just an odd thing to think is stupid about a commercial.

People regularly celebrate getting to the summit with alcohol. I always carry beer when I go scrambling.

It's just an odd thing to think is stupid about a commercial.
First rule of climbing, I guess. Make sure you have some liquor with you.

Celebratory summit beers. No one gets wasted, it's just a couple of beers.

I've never heard of celebratory summit booze. Alcohol makes me sleepy unless I get drunk so I'd probably not want to climb back down if I drank one or two beers on a summit.

Worst commercial ever....Kars4Kids....with those pink suits and not playing instruments.....makes me wonder about the efficacy of retroactive abortions.....not the kids.....the person who came up with the commercial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"