Stupidity at it's Finest: Flat Earthers

We all have strange beliefs...

...personally, I believe we live in a simulated reality à la The Matrix.

We need to tell the devs they have ridiculously over powered the antagonist characters in the Australia level. Eye eating spiders? Really?
It's probably mismanaged resources in the programming. If they nerf the spiders then they'll probably OP the koalas...nobody wants that.

It's probably mismanaged resources in the programming. If they nerf the spiders then they'll probably OP the koalas...nobody wants that.
I think they already OP'd the koalas. That last patch unlocked the STD ability for their class.

If that's the case, looks like I need to start building my koala army.

It's too excessive to sterilize them. Education is a better alternative. If you can get them learn.
I don't think it's a matter of education. People will naturally always have questions, and some people struggle to accept things that they can't work out for themselves.

I suppose that's the only quality I can relate too with these people - simply that because they can't work out (for themselves) all the mathematics behind the truth, it's not the truth, and they instead rely solely on their senses and what they can observe and perceive. Don't get me wrong - they're still nuts but on the idea of blind faith, you can kinda' see where they're coming from.

Heck, I don't understand most scientific explanations for anything, some things are just beyond me, but I take such research and evidence at face value as being the truth because it makes more sense to me.

Studies have shown over and over again that education doesn't work. It doesn't work with climate change deniers, it doesn't work with antivaxxers, and it isn't going to work with flat earthers.
You forgot to mention extremist religious groups. ;)

We all have strange beliefs.
Indeed we do. Some people even believe Pineapple belongs on Pizza. I mean, what's next? Cheese Chips & Gravy? :eek:

(ohoh, he mentioned prestige and a NASA contract, must all be fake!?)

SpaceX Will Launch Its 1st Crew Dragon for NASA Soon! How to Watch It All Live.

As far as I know this is till on for tomorrow.
Liftoff is set for Saturday, March 2!
LIVE FEED will be:

jTfoAhRmWXKmEdfDjWaToF-650-80.jpg

Updated on Feb. 28: SpaceX is poised to make history Saturday (March 2) with the first-ever test flight of a private spaceship built to carry astronauts into orbit. That Crew Dragon Demo-1 mission won't carry astronauts, but it will be the first launch of a spacecraft built for humans from U.S. soil since 2011 and you can watch it all live.

SpaceX will launch the Crew Dragon Demo-1 mission at 2:48 a.m. EST (0748 GMT) on Saturday, March 2. Since Crew Dragon is designed to ferry NASA astronauts to and from the International Space Station, you can expect a live webcast of the launch from the space agency.

Space.com will carry NASA's Crew Dragon webcasts here over the next week. You'll also be able to watch NASA's webcasts on NASA TV, and SpaceX will likely provide its own webcast here. Scroll down to see when to tune in for the first Crew Dragon launch.

Last edited:
Indeed we do. Some people even believe Pineapple belongs on Pizza. I mean, what's next? Cheese Chips & Gravy? :eek:

Poutine pizza does exist and it is actually pretty good.

Cheesy chips and gravy is a truly wonderful gift from the Gods.

It successfully took off and is now headed towards the space station.

The test dummy in the cockpit is named Ripley after Ellen Ripley from the Alien franchise.

They'll be surprised when they find the dinosaurs that live on the other side of the wall.
With any luck, they'll all be eaten by the giant ice monster that lives under that ice wall; you know, the one that stops people from walking to the edge of the ice and finding out the truth.

I believe it's name the naiveraken.

With any luck, they'll all be eaten by the giant ice monster that lives under that ice wall; you know, the one that stops people from walking to the edge of the ice and finding out the truth.

I believe it's name the naiveraken.

That monster's name is Jim... And honestly he gets a bad rap. He's just doing his job working for the Lizard Alien Overlords.

When they dont reach the Ice Wall are they going to believe the cruise ship's crew is part of the global conspiracy to hide the truth about the flat earth? Will they mutiny, take control of the ship, and try to find the Ice Wall themselves?

giphy.gif

When they dont reach the Ice Wall are they going to believe the cruise ship's crew is part of the global conspiracy to hide the truth about the flat earth? Will they mutiny, take control of the ship, and try to find the Ice Wall themselves?
They're more likely just encounter an iceberg and that'll present them with all the proof that they need. If they wait a few hundred years until all the ice has melted, then it'll be a different story mind you. :eek:

2dCVcDN.jpg
New sponsor?
I guess that lucrative Juan Pollo sponsorship burnt out, or they couldn't roll with the flat earth theme, or more likely didn't want his death on their hands and associated with their chain?

Luckily we have a reputable dating app willing to step up and put their name on this! LOL!

M7KL4CeNQR3r5xbnrgwi7Z-320-80.jpg

reaching heights of 5,000 feet (1,500 meters)
5,000 feet (1,500 meters) So still not high enough.
Although he seems to be aware of that.

...unless his steam-powered contraption exceeds its reach by about seven-fold, carrying him 35,000 feet (10,700 m) up instead.

But proving or disproving the Earth's 100% verifiable roundness is not the goal of this stunt, anyway. As Hughes has said before, he will need to soar past the Kármán line — that contested boundary where the sky ends and space begins, roughly 62 miles (100 kilometers) over Earth

So that's not his goal here, but to raise more attention and money for his "Rockoon".

276kc8.gif

I do hope he's ok.
As everyone expected, he wasn't going high enough, I could have easily (and for allot cheaper) gone up almost as high today by taking the elevator up One World Trade Center, and gotten a better, longer view than he did.
What he did however takes more cojones, of course this was all a stunt to now apparently raise more money for his next project.

Sounds reasonable...
276k3n.gif

So we haven't seen the last. :)
While denying all the evidence borders on delusional, I honestly commend his "research", if he genuinely wants to see with his own eyes. Although even if his balloon+rocket is successful he'd still apparently be going just barely high enough to detect it. This is all ridiculous.
l do hope he raises enough to pull it off (safely).
To do that, Hughes told the Associated Press last year, he wants to build a "Rockoon," or rocket/gas-balloon-hybrid, which he can use to float high into the atmosphere before lighting the rocket's fuse and blasting up even farther.

Honestly even though he might get himself killed, I have more respect for this guy and his daredevil attitude, and creative engineering skill, then the dozens of youtubers fueling this flat earth insanity.

...Looks like it was postponed, again and I do hope the best for him, and that he survives!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"