Succession (HBO)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this ? I thought the 1st episode was rather slow, but its starting to grow on me it kinda reminds me of Veep + Billions with a bit of Arrested Development mixed in

‘Succession’ tracks the lives of the Roy family as they contemplate their future once their aging father (Brian Cox) begins to step back from the media and entertainment conglomerate under his control. Starring Brian Cox, Jeremy Strong, and Kieran Culkin.

[YT]-ebJMjeXYlo[/YT]

Kendall got done dirty after tonight's episode

This show is pretty decent. I've seen 2 episodes of it.

The whole Vote of No Confidence scene is, for my money, probably the best moment of the series thus far. But yeah, I really enjoy this show and it's great particularly if you've ever seen The Big Short.

Also, whoever writes the dialogue must love Kieran Culkin. I think he gets the best lines.

It's alright. I guess it makes me uncomfortable sometimes how mean the family is to each other. :(

The whole Vote of No Confidence scene is, for my money, probably the best moment of the series thus far. But yeah, I really enjoy this show and it's great particularly if you've ever seen The Big Short.

Also, whoever writes the dialogue must love Kieran Culkin. I think he gets the best lines.

I think it's between him and Greg,they both own their roles

Greg is my favorite. He's so delightfully awkward. :p

[YT]tA65g97WJWI[/YT]

:lmao:

so that's what ''family therapy'' session looks like in the Roy family

giphy.gif

Seriously,this series keeps getting better and better.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to go. :p

''I tried to hide but it finds you, wherever you hide the party find you''

:lmao:

Poor Greg, doing all that coke just to help Kendell

Tom had me :lmao: in tonight's episode

I think it's between him and Greg,they both own their roles

This show is a crown jewel for character work. Everyone is just so subtly layered/nuanced.

It might be my favorite series of all-time over any of the movie networks.

Last edited:
Just found out yesterday the creator is the guy who co-wrote The Thick of It (my all time fav show) and In the Loop (my all time fav comedy) so I'm starting this during the weekend :D

Final tonight,and I have no clue what's gonna happen, but I would not be surprised if Kendall gets cold feet and backs out,screwing over Stewy and Sandy

Well the finale was completely depressing. :(

Well, with Dad helping cover his case, no doubt Kendall will be loyal for awhile.

All I want is for Caitlin Fitzgerald to be bumped up to a regular of sorts, especially if she and Roman are still a thing next season. Hey, Masters of Sex is cancelled, so why not?

Man, that final scene with Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong was money, it really showed you how much Logan has his children under his thumb (Shiv might be the exception to this)

But was Logan sincere or is he just going to use it for his own ends against the takeover? It was kinda creepy, that false kindness. :(

I would like to think he does.

But was Logan sincere or is he just going to use it for his own ends against the takeover? It was kinda creepy, that false kindness. :(

How HBO’s Succession pulled off its brutal finale

“I remember talking to Jesse about if [Logan] really loves his children,” Cox recalls, when I ask about Logan’s capacity for genuine warmth. ”Jesse said, ‘Absolutely. He absolutely loves his children.’ And I think that’s the tragedy of the piece, that’s what gives it its stature. It’s not just — it is a morality tale, certainly, but the thing about Logan is his children mean a lot to him. They’re all ****-ups, and he sees that, and that sort of fills him with great sadness, that they have to have their hands held.”

But that doesn’t preclude a certain ruthlessness. “He really had Kendall,” Cox says of the final scene. “He was able to reconstruct Kendall, in a way. ... It goes back right to the first episode, where I say to him, ‘You’re too soft.’”

It’s a sentiment that’s echoed in the finale before the crash, as Logan dresses down Kendall yet again, telling him that he’s not made for the harsher, harder world in which his father runs.

Their final conversation drives that point home, as Logan’s willingness to sacrifice a life in order to bring his son back into the fold is contrasted with the way that Kendall breaks, exhibiting a vulnerability that had seemed lost as the season progressed. They’re fundamentally different — Logan is a “man of blood,” as Strong puts it, where Kendall is not. The crash shakes Kendall to his core, but as Cox explains, “Logan will not dwell on that. He wants it sorted, done. He moves on.”

It's all just sad. No family should be like that. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"