Succession (HBO)

HBO dropped Sunday's episode a little early, just finished watching it. That final with Shiv and Kendall was one of the best moments on the show.

I really enjoy this show! ... I mean.... I feel like I need a shower after watching it, because everyone is so terrible, but it's fun in that way.

What is going on with Roman? I guess the guy has a fetish or something. This last episode gave us our first glimpse of it. The little perv likes some abuse. I wonder if him and Jerry are going to get together.

I really enjoy this show! ... I mean.... I feel like I need a shower after watching it, because everyone is so terrible, but it's fun in that way.

What is going on with Roman? I guess the guy has a fetish or something. This last episode gave us our first glimpse of it. The little perv likes some abuse. I wonder if him and Jerry are going to get together.
The whole Gerri/Roman relatioship is so confusing, sometimes you think it's kinda maternal,then the following scene they're having phone sex. I can only assume whatever else happened to Roman as a young child (apart from being locked in a cage) really messed him up

Connor's non-eulogy of a eulogy, though. That could be read by Captain Holt over on Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Also, good for Greg. He's finally at the point where he's bold enough to try and break up with Tom.

That's another episode with a long, tense scene around a dinner table. Forget about Game of Thrones. Succession can be its successor as far as the political chess, power plays, and backstabbing without even needing a single dragon.

Poor Shiv, though. I guess maybe she was so blinded by the idea of her father picking her that she never considered that he was wasn't going to actually follow through.

Shiv should have known better. :( All he does is play people.

I think that Logan was being honest with Shiv, when he said that he was going to give it to her. But at the end of the day, Logan doesn't want to leave the company yet. He wanted Kendall, but Kendall wanted to do things his own way, and Logan wouldn't stand for that. So... he opted for the next best option, which is Shiv. But as soon as Shiv got a whiff of power, she started doing the same thing that Kendall did... going AWOL. Logan doesn't mind naming a successor, if they're willing to just have his back and learn from him while he's still alive. This company means something to him, and he wants it run in the way that he'd run it. If Shiv could have just learned, like Kendall did, to respect Logan's expertise... I think he would have given it to her.

But she's acting like an entitled brat, who would rather run things than learn things... Logan recognizes that, and won't give his company to someone like that. Right now... Kendall is basically behaving exactly how Logan wants him to. If he can keep that going, I think Logan will reverse his decision and give it to Kendall. I don't think that he really cares too much about Kendall's betrayal... if anything, he probably admired it. It's something that he'd do, and he was always worried that Kendall didn't have the killer instinct.. which he now seems to have acquired.

Last edited:
So on an unrelated note, Succession won the Creative Arts Emmy for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme. The composer, Nicholas Britell, definitely earned that win.

Each episode this week tops the previous... and I don’t know how. Between the script and the actors, this show is a masterpiece.

Someone on Twitter made an interesting point I noticed: the way Kendall immediately reacted after Logan slapped Roman makes you wonder if this isn't the first time he's hit them.

Yeah, I bet it wasn't, let's not forget how he struck kendalls child last season (sure, he wasn't 100% there but still) or how Conner told the story about how Logan used to lock the boys up in cages when they were children.

"It's just a tooth. I can get another one." :( It made me shudder.

That scene with Kendall alone in the boys families kitchen was just so devastating.

I hope I never have a family as disfunctional as theirs. :(

Man, Kendalls Rap has to be the most cringiest television moment since the 'Scott's Totts' episode from the Office

"It's making my eyes bleed but I can't look away." :p

Kendall rapping might have been the happiest and at least most animated he's been on this series since...ever. Also, loving Marcia just...zeroing her sights on Rhea, like she already sees the big picture here.

I will riot if Strong doesn’t get an Emmy nod. In a cast filled with phenomenal performances, he’s been delivering week after week.

I am waiting till the season ends to binge watch this season.

I want that as a ringtone now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"