Sue Storm Just Because....

Heh well, ya draw women much better than I do. My guys come out alright, but th' women...s'why I gave up drawin' an' became a writer.

DBM said:
I've always thought your women look a little Turner-esque but I never wanted to say anything. :D
Unfortunately, Turner and his ilk are generally what you're faced with in comic books. I've learned to draw women mostly from Adam Hughes, Turner, Dodson, et al. I'm making a concerted effort these days to turn my attentions more toward real life and Rags Morales, Carlos Pacheco, and other artists who're actually GOOD. Maybe one day my style will reflect my desire to make up for the follies of my youth. :(

KingOfDreams said:
She looks quite pissed in this pic...

ultff0085on.jpg

That pic is awesome. She is gonna tear somebody up.

She looks a little too much like Martha Stewart in that pic to me...

I hated, and still do hate, that mostly-nekkid costume she wore in the nineties. Suzie ain't supposed to be a super-****, dammit, so she shouldn't dress like one.

I, too, decided Sue Storm was the "hottest chick in comics" after I saw the way McNiven was drawing her in "4". That one scene with her taking a last dip in the swimming pool was great.
And, I agree Cyclops...she isn't some super ****...that's what makes her all the more attractive...seriously, if I was at home I'd post some of the pics I'm talking about...really, anything from McNiven during his run on 4.

McNiven's a great artist for women. His women aren't so much overtly hot, like Turner's or Hughes', they're more sultry. This is one of my favorite wallpapers over at Pop Culture Shock:
212_1.jpg

I'm with you there, Corp...may I call you Corp?

Anyway, you've hit it right on the money, I think. She's not like, overtly hot...well, not as much as others in the comic realm...but there's just something about her...something about how McNiven draws her...anyway...if anyone has a copy of the "4" #1...you know what I'm talking about...

You can call me Bill the Super-Monkey if you like. I'm not very particular. :)

I agree, McNiven's version of Sue is really beautiful. Here's another pic from 4 that I really liked, also from Pop Culture Shock's wallpaper section:
258_1.jpg

It's from that flashback where Reed first made their costumes, so that's why she looks younger and is in such an awkward pose. But awkward in a good way.

I've yet to meet anyone who didn't in some way appreciate the physical appearance of Susan Richards.

I'm really surprised that you can have dirty Hentai fan fiction of say "Squirrel Girl,.. Yet the Fantastic Four remain untouched.

Varient said:
I've yet to meet anyone who didn't in some way appreciate the physical appearance of Susan Richards.

I'm really surprised that you can have dirty Hentai fan fiction of say "Squirrel Girl,.. Yet the Fantastic Four remain untouched.

And I would like to see of that....

super saiyan 2 said:
And I would like to see of that....
Fat Chance,.. The Fab Four seem to be exempt from dirty speculation,..

You'll hear onliners involving Reeds obvious bedroom advantage over all other men,...

You'll see written word on the advantages of invisible force fields in ref to lonely housewives,..

But no stories.

Varient said:
Fat Chance,.. The Fab Four seem to be exempt from dirty speculation,..

You'll hear onliners involving Reeds obvious bedroom advantage over all other men,...

You'll see written word on the advantages of invisible force fields in ref to lonely housewives,..

But no stories.

I've seen fan art though.

And it was pretty damn funny.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Anubis, that pic is hilarious. :D

Alas, it doesn't. I've tried drawing dirty pictures, but I grew up Catholic so y'know... ;)

Catholic?? Doesn't that just mean you get to do it, but go to hell for it later??

What's stopping you?

:D

something about Sue pisses me off. maybe it's because she's so unattainable and goes after the nerdiest man in the Marvel Universe. or maybe it's that she's really uptight when compared to someone like SheHulk or the Scarlet Witch. oh well. she is dead sexy when McNiven draws her.

I'm not one to think comic chicks are hot but I will say that in the second issue of "4" when Sue's dressed as a school teacher,... I thought "WOW!"

slipalong said:
Catholic?? Doesn't that just mean you get to do it, but go to hell for it later??

What's stopping you?

:D
It means that I'm so repressed I'm already going to Hell for just thinking about nekkid chicks. :(

Cyclops said:
I hated, and still do hate, that mostly-nekkid costume she wore in the nineties. Suzie ain't supposed to be a super-****, dammit, so she shouldn't dress like one.
I like her wearing that costume because I'm a simple, simple man:) . Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"