DC TV Series Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at HBO Max

Discussion in 'DC Comics TV' started by Detective Conan, Sep 23, 2020.

1. fiasco45 Registered

Vigilante >

2. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Crazy that they were so deep into filming when they recast Vigilante. Makes me wonder what the creative differences were that made the original actor walk away. But Stroma is killing it. He might be my favorite character.

Slick likes this.
  3. TheGDBatman Registered

Really enjoyed the first episode, didn't care for the second episode.

Hoping three gets us back on track!

4. -Arya- In Dreams I Walk With You

I’m generally unenthusiastic after the first episode. The humor is not for me, and I had no clue what was happening in the finale. Who was Peacemaker fighting? It clearly wasn’t human. I’ll wait until all the epsiodes are available before I go any further.

5. LifesEnd Registered

honestly hope the next dc shows are as good as this. shame they re a bit slow to start with the hbo max shows. this one so far is far more better than the mcu stuff(obviously the cw stuff too tho I do like superman and lois and star girl).

They are kind of hyping episode 8 as being crazy(no press/reviewer got it).Hope it lives upto that hype anyhow

KaijuDude1992, Slick and Karelia like this.
  6. WatchProtect Registered

There's 3 available now, and they answer your question literally less than a minute inside episode 2

Deck Rickard likes this.
  7. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Caught the first 2 episodes and I like it this far. Balls to wall action/comedy that I tend to love.

Peacemaker kinda reminds me of Sensei Lawrence lol

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  8. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Peacemaker's rant about Batman in Episode 4...

[​IMG]

9. Orb Lord of Demons

Episode 4 has pretty much solidified this show as one of my favourtie CB shows

10. Slick Yup

Yeah that Batman rant had me weak and also that voice change when Vigilante is confronted about who he really is tho lol.

11. Slick Yup

Ok the scene when Chris is reflecting on his brother and that ending got me. Still really enjoying this show and for me Gunn hasn’t missed yet with his Marvel and DC projects. Keep it up James.

12. Man in the Suit We're the Ones Who Live

Episode 4 is my favorite so far. I love Jody Hill.

13. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Man if more episodes are on this level than this show might honestly rival Doom Patrol as my favorite live action DC show so far and that is definitely no easy feat considering how much I love that show.

Loved the emotional stakes in this episode and of course it was directed by Jody Hill who is killing it right now between this and Righteous Gemstones and becoming one of my favorite working directors today.

14. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

Judomaster coming out of that cabinet reminded me of Cato in the Pink Panther movies.

3rdstone and Filmfreak like this.
  15. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Caught episodes 3 and 4 earlier, loved them! I feel the series really starts to pick up in the third episode

Vigilante is hilarious!

KaijuDude1992, Slick and Deck Rickard like this.
  16. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Vigilante’s scene in the jail might be the greatest thing I have ever seen. :funny: Stroma is ****ing KILLING it. I am absolutely loving this show.

And next week, they’re adding Christopher Heyerdahl to the mix! This show just keeps getting better.

17. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I wasn't sure about Vigilante at first, but this episode completely turned me around on his character and honestly the dude almost stole the show at times with his interactions with Peacemaker.

I actually felt some genuine chemistry in this episode between Cena and Stroma and that jail fight was all kinds of badass lol. Now, I feel bad calling the guy a low budget Kick-Ass because he obviously has some serious skills.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  18. -Arya- In Dreams I Walk With You

Thank god the cringe factor was toned down in episodes 3 and 4. Epsiode 4 especially has the right balance between drama and comedy that I wanted from the beginning. I really hope this momentum continues.

19. TheVileOne Registered

This season definitely seems to be setting up a redemptive arc for Peacemaker much like The Suicide Squad was for Bloodsport. Him trying to grow as a person. Hopefully, ultimately rejecting his father and growing beyond him. Also thinking before he shoots and not just blindly killing/following orders.

20. Holy Slapper Registered

Episode 4 was the slowest for me. The jokes also hit the least. Some of the things re: plot were predictable.

#220 Holy Slapper, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    TheVileOne likes this.
  21. TheVileOne Registered

Yeah this was a bit of a slower episode, but I'm willing to see where it goes.

I think my main issue, I'm not sure there needs to be this much plot with the dad.

Holy Slapper likes this.
  22. LifesEnd Registered

the dad is definitely central to peacemaker tho both show and Chris? like its a very important arc.Definitely the most important for Chris smith himself.

23. Holy Slapper Registered

Well this episode more or less set up how it's going to go with his dad. A butterfly is going to take over him, there'll be a fight with Peacemaker and White Dragon in the suit, which will end with Peacemaker taking advantage of the wholes in the armor that Vigilante mentioned.

P Supreme likes this.
  24. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

I don’t mean to be rude but… can his dad still fit in that suit? It’s definitely designed for someone in peak physical condition. I think someone else is going to put that on and fight Chris by the end of the show. Maybe the brother is still alive?

TheVileOne likes this.
  25. -Arya- In Dreams I Walk With You

What really threw me off was the pocket dimension room with all those gadgets. How in the world did his father build all that? It was just thrown at us with no explanation.

Holy Slapper likes this.