The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

You say “way too many goofy characters”, I say thank God they’ve actually got some cannon fodder in the mix so they’ll actually take some of these fools out this time.
I hope Javelin-throw Man and The detachable kid make it.

Ok I get it. I think...lol

I really need this movie right now.
It looks like so much over the top dumb fun...and thats what i really need.

Im excited for the movie but this looks like a bad 90s movie lol. Way to many goofy characters, needs like 2 more big time villains to even out the look.

I think that's exactly what they're supposed to be. Don't expect all these goofy characters to last no more than 30-45m. Maybe less for some. It's rumored to have a massively powerful villain as well.

Hopefully we get some more pics in the issue...
There you are...

The Suicide Squad: James Gunn On How It Relates To David Ayer’s Film, And Why It’s Different From Guardians – Exclusive Images

l12qizrvjfv51.jpg

Looks like I was right. This movie does take place in it's own universe
If this is true and Gunn confirms it, then why would the general audience (or the fans) care who lives or dies in this movie ? As they know if someone like Harley Quinn dies in this movie, even then she would be alive in DCEU. (where Aquaman, WW and Batman exist).

It makes little sense to have this completely unconnected and isolated from rest of the movie-verse that's still continuing. I see this as soft-reboot or vague-sequel to the first.

Last edited:
If this is true and Gunn confirms it, then why would the general audience (or the fans) care who lives or dies in this movie ? As they know if someone like Harley Quinn dies in this movie, even then she would be alive in DCEU. (where Aquaman, WW and Batman exist).

It makes little sense to have this completely unconnected and isolated from rest of the movie-verse that's still continuing. I see this as soft-reboot or vague-sequel to the first.
Gunn confirmed it to Empire. TSS is it's own thing. Just like 'The Batman' and 'Joker'. Honestly what else are they gonna talk about to generate any sort of buzz? This movie needs a strong hook to bait in casuals

Trying to make sense out of WB's decision making is futile but in this case, it's probably as simple as Gunn wanting his own universe ala Matt Reeves

It's another case of how Cathy Yan was saying BoP was it's own thing.

It seems that the Studio wants them to say this because they know many people were disappointed by the first SS movie.

Saying "Its its own thing" /= "Its in its own universe". If they were doing that they would just not bring back any of the old cast. It just means the story is not a continuation of the old story.

Think of it in terms of comics. Batman might have a long story arch going on in Detective Comics...and in Batman he has a story that stands on its own and has no ties to said story. They are still in the same universe with the same Batman and the same villains, just not stories that matter to each other.

In other words...people are reading way too much into this.

Yeah it’s quite obviously a sequel in some respects, but looks to be doing plenty of it’s own stuff also.

HQ had some tattoos in SS, she removes /alters some of them in BoP, and in TSS, she has same tattoos (as seen in BoP), make what you want of this.

If this was indeed in a separate universe, then they shouldn't even be bothered about visual continuation form her last movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"