Suicide Squad Deleted Scenes & Bits (SPOILERS)

They said there is a free preview on Amazon.
Edit: To see the preview, click on the picture on Amazon.

Last edited:
I read the quick preview and it's amazing. Why couldn't the just follow that...

Pick up the book, it's great.

Well, it's also sad because it's an example of what the movie could have been.

Yeah I wanna read that but it will probably just infuriate me.

It has already infuriated me :funny:

Curiosity got the better of me.

Are there any solo Joker and Joker/Harley scenes we didn't know about at all in there? As in not even used in promo material?

Are there any solo Joker and Joker/Harley scenes we didn't know about at all in there? As in not even used in promo material?

I'm not sure, I haven't finished the book yet. So far it's been scenes we already knew about but way longer.

I want to read it to see what the movie could have been, but is it actually well written? A lot of novelizations are pretty awful.

Another deleted scene we saw in the trailers: Flag and Moone going through the prisoner files together. It would have taken place right before the scene between Flag and Waller.

Heard a podcast on the amount of cutscenes and how they would have changed the movie, namely:

(In trailer) The scene where Flagg apparently reads each villain's rapsheet - seeing as they did this with fancy graphics during the Waller dinner scene, makes you wonder how different the movie was initially. Would have been redundant to have both.

(Rumored cut scene) Starting the movie WITH June Moon becoming the Enchantress as opposed to going the flashback montage route.

You're kidding, right?

The movie begins with introduction for Deadshot, and then for Harley. Next you have scene with Waller when by extremely lazy exposition and flashy editing and some cool filters and on screen writing you have ANOTHER introduction for Deadshot and ANOTHER introduction for Harley and all other introductions when Waller is TALKING who they are, how bad and crazy they are. It's called bad writing. It's lazy.

In every good screenplay you learn who characters are by their actions. In this movie you can't, because everything is TOLD to us.

I just can't with this movie.

And guess what? Even after release, they're still using shots that aren't in the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c48nD0wad7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTUt8lmm_7s
f

That's actually not what the film does.

We open with the shot of the prison, the world we're about to enter. We see the antics of the guards next, via Deadshot and Harley and then we cut to Waller who, through voice over, explains the reason why we're gonna need them (hence the Superman funeral footage and the emphasis on the Superman "Remember" shirt). What that opening is is the introduction to the world and the POINT of the story we're about to watch.

After the title card, THEN we get the introductions of the characters.

So, in reality, the characters only get one introduction in the film, not the numerous ones that everyone seems to think.

It was supposed to be linear. We see Harley and Deadshot out and about doing their thing, they get caught and thrown in Belle Reve. Then we organically meet Diablo and Croc.

It was supposed to be linear. We see Harley and Deadshot out and about doing their thing, they get caught and thrown in Belle Reve. Then we organically meet Diablo and Croc.

Okay but the film doesn't do that now. Because the film immediately opens after the death of Superman, kind of makes sense to me to establish the ramifications of that death on the world. And the ramifications are Waller and her idea of Task Force X.

Okay but the film doesn't do that now. Because the film immediately opens after the death of Superman, kind of makes sense to me to establish the ramifications of that death on the world. And the ramifications are Waller and her idea of Task Force X.

Yeah, that was changed.

It was the plan all along to mention Superman and the metahumans. It was just the structure that was different.

Everything make more sense.

Joker points down towards the vats.
Joker: There. I was born down there.
Harley stares down. She desperately wants the same.
Joker: Would you die for me?
Harley nods.
Harley: Yes.
Joker: No... that's too easy. Would you live for me?
Joker smiles, scaring her.
Joker: Will you embrace me, and only me?
Harley nods vigorously.
Joker: Will you bind your spirit to mine... in hate? Do you consign your soul to me? Do you laugh at the world in disgust?
Harley: ... yes.
Joker: Do not say this oath thoughtlessly. Desire becomes surrender. Surrender becomes power. Do you want it? Do you really want it?
Harley: I do. I do.
Joker: Then goodbye, Doctor Quinzel.
Joker gestures towards the edge of the vat. Without hesitation she jumps.
Joker thinks 'She's gone, forever. Problem solved'. He pauses and touches his chest. He feels something. Love? Of course not. He couldn't see her floating face down and dying. Which was the original plan. He jumps down.

He didn't finish yet:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemat...erences_between_the_suicide_squad_theatrical/

Last edited:
What that opening is is the introduction to the world and the POINT of the story we're about to watch.

After the title card, THEN we get the introductions of the characters.
What was I trying to tell is that characters can be introduced without bad exposition, voice over, text cards and, basically, music videos.

If you're trying to tell me that the beginning of this movie doesn't introduce us to Deadshot and Harley, then you haven't seen any other movie in your life.

---

Am I the only one who noticed that this scene was also reshooted?

RnQdnJA.png

Last edited:
Everthing make more sense.

Joker points down towards the vats.
Joker: There. I was born down there.
Harley stares down. She desperately wants the same.
Joker: Would you die for me?
Harley nods.
Harley: Yes.
Joker: No... that's too easy. Would you live for me?
Joker smiles, scaring her.
Joker: Will you embrace me, and only me?
Harley nods vigorously.
Joker: Will you bind your spirit to mine... in hate? Do you consign your soul to me? Do you laugh at the world in disgust?
Harley: ... yes.
Joker: Do not say this oath thoughtlessly. Desire becomes surrender. Surrender becomes power. Do you want it? Do you really want it?
Harley: I do. I do.
Joker: Then goodbye, Doctor Quinzel.
Joker gestures towards the edge of the vat. Without hesitation she jumps.
Joker thinks 'She's gone, forever. Problem solved'. He pauses and touches his chest. He feels something. Love? Of course not. He couldn't see her floating face down and dying. Which was the original plan. He jumps down.

He didn't finish yet:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemat...erences_between_the_suicide_squad_theatrical/

What was done to this movie and Leto by the studio is truly incomprehensible

seriously, why was any of that dialog cut ????
it's not like it would have changed the direction of the movie or the feel they were going for.
it was still her choice, because we know he influenced her either way.

While I understand why some of the Joker scenes were removed (Joker physically slapping Harley whilst still painting them as a marketable pairing really didn't have a place in this movie IMO) but truncating so many others is the real sin.

seriously, why was any of that dialog cut ????
it's not like it would have changed the direction of the movie or the feel they were going for.
it was still her choice, because we know he influenced her either way.

For length or some other stupid reason like that

What was done to this movie and Leto by the studio is truly incomprehensible

I think Leto's been remarkably diplomatic about it under the circumstances. He spent six months filming scenes that sound like they would've been great, but probably emotionally hard on him that ended up on the cutting room floor, after sacrificing his hair, his eyebrows, bulking up, being asked constantly in interviews about his methods (which, with 10 minutes of his Joker in the film, makes him sound horribly pretentious now) and then being used as a major marketing tool using mostly scenes of him that were never going to be in the movie, he has every right to be upset. :cmad:

I think Leto's been remarkably diplomatic about it under the circumstances. He spent six months filming scenes that sound like they would've been great, but probably emotionally hard on him that ended up on the cutting room floor, after sacrificing his hair, his eyebrows, bulking up, being asked constantly in interviews about his methods (which, with 10 minutes of his Joker in the film, makes him sound horribly pretentious now) and then being used as a major marketing tool using mostly scenes of him that were never going to be in the movie, he has every right to be upset. :cmad:

As his fan I'm very upset. It's such a disrespect to him and to his fans, I just can't get over it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"