Suicide Squad Deleted Scenes & Bits (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Suicide Squad' started by ChocheTheHero, Aug 5, 2016.

1. -JKR- Registered

Suicide Squad needs a Director's/Ultimate Cut even (much) more than Batman V Superman. The problem here isn't that they cut out scenes for time. It's that they completely reshuffled the scenes, and altered them to the point where they changed the tone of the movie and many of the characters' intentions.

Hell, it seems like they even changed

El Diablo's fate.

Warner Bros. should've stuck with David Ayer's original vision, instead of putting the trailer company in charge of the theatrical cut.

2. Joy in J-Land Registered

I think there's a fair amount of agreement on that point. I can't help but think, based on some of the comments from people who actually saw the movie before it had the hell edited out of it, we'd have seen something much better if WB had resisted the urge to meddle. Sadly, since "Suicide Squad" is doing so well, what incentive do they have not to do the same thing to the next DCEU movie they release? :csad:

3. Micromind Registered

Yeah, they will do meddling again, just to prove to Snyder that he is not needed by WB at all.

And, WB sure loves Rotten rating they are going out of their way to get it again.

And, they want to divide fans again and get all those "click-bait articles" again cause it generates so much bad wom, they love it.

:o

4. Joy in J-Land Registered

I hope you're right.

5. kguillou Registered

Btw, has anyone who has seen the "test audience" version come out and revealed the differences between that and the edited TC version?

6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Given some of the clues, I would not be shocked to find out they changed the entire third act finale, into "generic fight for the world" from "something not involving the fate of the world".

7. Blitzkrieg Registered

I wouldn't count on it actually as Enchantress was always the villainess to begin with and Ayer himself chose her as the main big bad in the movie so there was always going to be generic end of the world fight in the third act.

8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Nah, just because Enchantress was always the villain, doesn't mean the stakes were always "save the world". The most obvious alternate plot for Enchantress is "be free of Amanda Waller". I suspect the original had her "merely" taking over a good chunk of Midway City, or even just rampaging in it against the forces trying to control her.

Also, I suspect the Joker was originally involved trying to grab the "control Enchantress" Macguffin.

9. bapi Registered

Also they have different plates and there are no other guests in the movie.

10. matt47 Registered

It's funny because I swear I read that Ayer said he hates how generic these superhero movies have gotten.

11. HopeOfTheFuture Registered

What was his original fate?

12. Luane Registered

I think he didn't die

13. Plaidchuck Registered

Ayer made a bad.movie that bombed at a test screening. People need to accept that. There's no boogie man behind gr8 curtain at WB.

14. Guts Smug

Just because the audience that was showed the version edited by a trailer company liked the movie more than the audience that saw Ayer's version, doesn't necessarily mean that Ayers version was actually worse. From the descriptions of the deleted scenes it seems that the characters in Ayer's version of the movie were more villainous, such as Joker and Harley's relationship being abusive instead loving, Boomerang being even more of a scumbag, etc. Maybe the test audience that saw Ayer's version of the movie was turned off by how unlikable the characters were.

15. harlequinade DayGirl

You don't know for sure it was bad. The more Ayer speaks the more I am certain it was indeed bad but at least it wasn't PG-13 'polite' to the max version they released in the theaters

16. Corysxj88 Registered

I just wanna know who was this "test audience"? random people off the street? people who actually know the material? I guess I just can't understand why its so hard to take source material and turn it into a movie that is for the people who actually enjoy this stuff? Here is the thing... I feel like these studios are so worried about the GA that they make the movie more for them than they do for us....well if the GA is gonna go see the movie anyways, then why not make the movie for the fans.... You think the GA is gonna come on this forum and dissect the hell out of a movie and be pissed because they didn't enjoy it? not a chance! that's why we are here! :)
    Get some real DC fans that know there stuff, let them test screen these movies and say "Hey!, there needs to be more this and less that" it sucks that the people that really care about this stuff (us) are the ones that suffer.

17. harlequinade DayGirl

One thing for sure? They're extremely delicate :funny:

18. Slushy Registered

I agree with most of the original cut being restored. However, not a fan of the original Joker ending. Theatrical ending was better.

19. Guts Smug

20. matt47 Registered

???

21. harlequinade DayGirl

I don't think he breaks her out in original version.

22. -JKR- Registered

The Joker breaking Harley out at the end was always in the movie.

23. -JKR- Registered

Considering the stuff I read on the message boards from both DC and Marvel fans I'd rather prefer they didn't get 'some real DC fans.'

They just need to let their filmmakers do their thing, and invest in the vision they originally decided to back. It's as simple as that.

24. Victarion Iron Captain

There's footage of it in the 2015 comicon reel, so this checks out.

What was the story behind Killer Croc turning on Katana in one of the trailers? Mayhap he was gonna try to get the Enchantress and use her as his on personal WMD in Gotham's underworld?

Joker's new toys - Enchantress and Incubus, or the nanite bombs?

#124 Victarion, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  25. HopeOfTheFuture Registered

Was the shot of Captain Boomerang throwing a boomerang at Katana and she is jumping over it, in the movie?