Suicide Squad Deleted Scenes & Bits (SPOILERS)

Considering the stuff I read on the message boards from both DC and Marvel fans I'd rather prefer they didn't get 'some real DC fans.'

They just need to let their filmmakers do their thing, and invest in the vision they originally decided to back. It's as simple as that.

^ This.

Getting reactions from "DC or Marvel fans" on their movie is the worst thing WB could do, just get a bunch of people who have seen lot of movies, not necessarily comic book movies.

Yup.

Chris Nolan didn't set out to please fans by inserting a bunch of references or iconography. He set out to please the movie going audience as a whole by just making a good movie and making these characters interesting. This mantra slipped a little with TDKR where he kind of ham-fistedly inserted Catwoman and went with the back breaking thing, but I'm pretty sure those were peppered in after some pressure from his brother.

I just want WB to recruit competent people first and then let them do their jobs in peace and not interfere at all. No screwing up stuff in post production due to studio mandated changes to the originally intended version. That must not happen again.

There's footage of it in the 2015 comicon reel, so this checks out.

What was the story behind Killer Croc turning on Katana in one of the trailers? Mayhap he was gonna try to get the Enchantress and use her as his on personal WMD in Gotham's underworld?

Joker's new toys - Enchantress and Incubus, or the nanite bombs?

Months before the movie was released someone posted fake pictures of the script that said Croc cuts his own neck open and removes the bomb and then he fights Katana. He kills her and he escapes mortally wounded to be ambiguous if he survived or not. Then the Ballroom Blitz trailer was released and one of the shots in that trailer was Katana swinging her sword at Harley with a green tentacle attached to her head. In the movie we saw that Enchantress was able to access Amanda Waller's knowledge on military secrets by using a tentacle. Maybe the final fight was originally longer with the Squad having to fight Joker, Incubus, a Enchantress controlled Katana, and then Enchantress.
giphy.gif

Yeah, good catch there. I never noticed who Katana was swinging at in the trailer. You can kinda see someone walking Katana along at the end of that tendril. I'd wager a guess that the trailer scene with skulls coming off her blade was after a fight with the Eyes - perhaps this is where the squad learned that the Eyes were once civilians.

That scene from the trailers I mentioned with Croc and Katana looked like it was around the location for the final battle, after Joker had disabled the nanites and Flag smashed his controller.

Last edited:
I just want WB to recruit competent people first and then let them do their jobs in peace and not interfere at all. No screwing up stuff in post production due to studio mandated changes to the originally intended version. That must not happen again.

David Ayer IS a competent filmmaker. What is completely incompetent is hacking a movie to pieces, like they did with Suicide Squad. To think that all those clips and snippets were supposed to be actual scenes.

And yeah, Killer Croc attacking Katana is probably from the showdown, where she is possesed by the Enchantress. And I think that the showdown is another part of the movie which was altered during the reshoots and post-production process.

i don't understand how joker looks so menacing in all the animated gifs, and trailer parts, and in the actual movie, i get a 'meh'. the asylum scene was so turnoff.

what happened to the suspense, the thriller-like atmosphere. it was camp as hell and margot robbie only seemed to be a simple 'actress' instead of 'being' the character.

Will Smith was 'ok', and that is not 'ok' for me.
Not my joker.
Diablo to me was the best character.
big black b*ch seemed more like somebody playing to be bad instead of being genuinly a threat.
Slipknot got treated like a b*tch, what a waste of character.
Captain boomerang, what did he do?
Enchantress was stupidest thing ever, o wait scratch that, her brother was worse.

Batman vs Deadshot was weakest 'fight' ever. why no fight?

i can go on.

i hope for a 'correction' cut but i dont see how theyre gonna fix this. what a farce.

I have to agree with most of what you said.
Joker was meh because they edited his scenes so badly that you couldn't get invested in them.
I liked Will Smith as Deadshot, but I just love Will Smith so yeah.
Yeah this ain't my Joker either. I think with someone else writing/directing Leto in the future he will be much better.
Yeah he was pretty good. A little too cliche/stereotyped though. And his sudden "this is my family!" **** was weird.
Eh, didn't care about Slipknot. They already had too many characters.
Right!? They could have given Boomer one moment where he completely wrecks like a dozen of the eye ball things. To you know, actually prove why he's on the team.
Completely agree, she and her brother have been the worst thing to come out of this DCEU yet. And I hope it stays that way.
Yeah that wasn't a fight, 3 moves and it was done. Completely wasted moment.

Fingers crossed this extended cut isn't just the same movie with the extra minutes.

Ayer made a bad.movie that bombed at a test screening. People need to accept that. There's no boogie man behind gr8 curtain at WB.

Mad Max: Fury Road had a pretty bad test screening. More than one, actually. WB ended up recutting the film to excise the weirdest moments in the film. Very much the way they did with Suicide Squad, it seems to me. At the end of the day, George Miller's cut won, despite the lukewarm reaction from the test screening audience. Are you saying that Mad Max: Fury Road is a disaster?

Ayer made a bad.movie that bombed at a test screening. People need to accept that. There's no boogie man behind gr8 curtain at WB.

You need to accept that one audience (which could have been made up of any sort of viewers) isn't indicative of a bad movie. And you need to remember what WB did to BvS. Forcing Snyder to hack out 30 minutes of the film at the last minute resulting in a ****ing mess of a film.

No one thinks there is a boogie man. A boogie man implies a monster hiding in the shadows. There is nothing shadowy about what the WB suits are doing. They are very openly being complete dumbasses with the theatrical versions of the DC films.

Ayer wrote this in six weeks. Whatever his version was gone be, I doubt it'd have been a good movie. Would it have been better than what we got? Probably, but youll still end up with Enchantress(shrugs) and her cliche and generic plan and blue light in the sky (yay) and the canon fodder.

The last thing we needed was more Enchantress. She shouldn't have even been the main villain from the get-go.

The competent thing to do would've been to make Joker the main villain. Right there you cut out some major clutter. Wouldn't have to worry about more Enchantress and her relationship with Flagg because it wouldn't even be an issue.

Plus, by not having Enchantress, that gives more time to focus on characters that got the shaft like Killer Croc & Slipknot.

Basically, what I'm saying is this movie was doomed (quality wise) the moment they decided to make Enchantress the main villain and to make this a "save the world" venture instead of something more contained.

Double post

Last edited:
Nah, I don't agree. The basic story was fine. The problem wasn't what it was about, but what managed to get into the final cut of what David Ayer had planned. It's the execution that simply is missing, because too many pieces of the puzzles have been removed.

The last thing we needed was more Enchantress. She shouldn't have even been the main villain from the get-go.

The competent thing to do would've been to make Joker the main villain. Right there you cut out some major clutter. Wouldn't have to worry about more Enchantress and her relationship with Flagg because it wouldn't even be an issue.

Plus, by not having Enchantress, that gives more time to focus on characters that got the shaft like Killer Croc & Slipknot.

Basically, what I'm saying is this movie was doomed (quality wise) the moment they decided to make Enchantress the main villain and to make this a "save the world" venture instead of something more contained.

amen brother

Agreed. It was the wrong approach. Cut Enchantress (and Brochantress by proxy) and one Squad character (Katana?) and you're left with plenty of room to re-purpose Joker as the main villain.

Nah, I don't agree. The basic story was fine. The problem wasn't what it was about, but what managed to get into the final cut of what David Ayer had planned. It's the execution that simply is missing, because too many pieces of the puzzles have been removed.

I agree to an extent. However, some aspects of the movie are just bad, full stop. Brochantress is a ****** CG character that should not have been there in the first place. Joker should not have been in flashbacks, he should have been a moving part of the plot in present day.

What? The very problem here IS what the story is about, because it didn't work. You're right, execution is key: when you have a good idea.

The story is problematic automatically because it's too big. The Squad are the fall guys but if the damn world ends everybody's dead so that doesn't matter.

In the wake of BvS, of which SS acknowledges it clearly comes after, there's no way in Hell that Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and any other heroes would sit by while the apocalypse plays out and a group of villains do their job, be it by government advisory or otherwise.

Come on, man, this story was doomed the moment this was made into a "save the world" endeavor. The Squad should not be engaging in stories that large. Because then you have plot-holes like this: why are supervillains doing the job of superheroes?

I'll say it again: the Suicide Squad should NOT be saving the world. Their missions need to be far more street level, contained and nuanced. That's how you tell a compelling story about supervillains, or at least as it pertains to the Squad.

So yes, the problem was very much always what this was about. From the moment it was stated in the trailer, I brushed off the "Let's go save the world" line thinking maybe it was just tongue in cheek but it wasn't. They really went there. And they shouldn't have.

The moment Ayer sat down to write and thought "I'm gonna put Joker in this, hire an actor to go all method and then make Enchantress the main villain" he ****** up.

Ayer wrote this in six weeks. Whatever his version was gone be, I doubt it'd have been a good movie. Would it have been better than what we got? Probably, but youll still end up with Enchantress(shrugs) and her cliche and generic plan and blue light in the sky (yay) and the canon fodder.

I'm okay with that. Marvel have proved that a ****** villain doesn't affect the movie too much if everything else is great. That's the problem with SS. Too many things are bad. The Squad doesn't even feel like a Squad in this movie. That's a bigger issue IMO.

I'm okay with that. Marvel have proved that a ****** villain doesn't affect the movie too much if everything else is great. That's the problem with SS. Too many things are bad. The Squad doesn't even feel like a Squad in this movie. That's a bigger issue IMO.

Agreed. Suicide squad problems not just one simple one. Too many problems to save it. Just not good movie.

You need to accept that one audience (which could have been made up of any sort of viewers) isn't indicative of a bad movie. And you need to remember what WB did to BvS. Forcing Snyder to hack out 30 minutes of the film at the last minute resulting in a ****ing mess of a film.

No one thinks there is a boogie man. A boogie man implies a monster hiding in the shadows. There is nothing shadowy about what the WB suits are doing. They are very openly being complete dumbasses with the theatrical versions of the DC films.

Agreed.

Studios can choose to take on board or ignore test audiences opinions. If the studio believes in the director and their cut of the movie then they may be more inclined to ignore test audiences opinions. What some people seem to be saying is that wb don't believe in their dc movie directors or their cuts of the movies which is why they make changes that don't necessarily improve their movies.

David Ayer IS a competent filmmaker. What is completely incompetent is hacking a movie to pieces, like they did with Suicide Squad. To think that all those clips and snippets were supposed to be actual scenes.

And yeah, Killer Croc attacking Katana is probably from the showdown, where she is possesed by the Enchantress. And I think that the showdown is another part of the movie which was altered during the reshoots and post-production process.
the bigger problem is wb gave him no time to work out the script suicide squad is a 1st draft script that needed time for several revisions but WB forced him to get into production very quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"