Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly cannot figure out who Common might be playing.

I frankly have no emotional or personal investment in El Diablo of whatever character Common is playing - so their tattoos are negligible to me. Couldn't care less.

Harley's are fine.

The Joker's I am warming up to. Frankly, I'll be amazed if my eyes ever leave The Joker's eyes or mouth. That **** is horrifying and entrancing.
Totally respect your way of feeling Boom :up:

Again, they have a great deal of influence over the costume design. Not sure how that's hard to understand. But whatever, yes, I don't like Hawley's designs at all and wish someone else was the costume designer.

And I don't understand how it is difficult to understand that there is more than one person working on the movie.

If Affleck kills it as Batman I am going to give Affleck the credit not Snyder.

If the score is great I'm going to give the credit to Hans and XL and not Snyder.

If the Cinematography is good Fong

If Clay Enos takes a cool pic and it's released he gets the credit from me not Snyder.

If costumes are cool I am not going to all of a sudden act like Snyder designed each and every one by hand. And if the SS costumes suck I am not going to say damn Ayer you really screwed up we should have had Snyder make all the costumes. But thats just me.

And those lime green eyes.

Eyes that would watch children drown, without a tremor.
For a sec I thought you were going to post.. 'That luscious tan, those ruby lips, and hair color so natural, only your undertaker knows for sure.

It really is interesting... With Enchantress and possibly Mist it really seems that this film will really embrace the fantastical.

And I don't understand how it is difficult to understand that there is more than one person working on the movie.

If the score is great I'm going to give the credit to Hans and XL and not Snyder.

If Clay Enos takes a cool pic and it's released he gets the credit from me not Snyder.

If costumes are cool I am not going to all of a sudden act like Snyder designed each and every one by hand. And if the SS costumes suck I am not going to say damn Ayer you really screwed up we should have had Snyder make all the costumes. But thats just me.

That's fine if that's your approach. For me, I do think the Suicide Squad costumes are bad and I'm going to put the "blame" on Ayer and Hawley. Costume design is like a marriage between the Director and the costume designer. I bet when/if we get an explanation for the costumes of this movie you will see that Ayer had a great deal of influence and input on the designs. I look at it as a co-creation, until I hear otherwise. Ayer may not have drawn the concept art, picked the materials, sewn the costumes etc. But most Directors are the charging force behind the costume design, they give the designer an outline of what they want, ask for changes, make suggestions, add details, and in the end, have final say on what the final costume is. Ayer and Hawley are both responsible for the final outcome, IMO.

I posed a question to people in the Joker thread.

Anyone want to bite?

It's amazing how things constantly go over your head.
tumblr_m7zsj1rdBL1rsy50k.gif

This is how costume design works on films.
The director and designer...sometimes the actor too...will discuss the character and based on how they feel the character should look will come up with some design cues.
The designer takes these notes back to his shop and comes up with several designs. The designer shows them to the director...the director either approves a design or gives tips on a design...."I like design #2 but let's make the symbol bigger" or mixes and matches "I like #1's cape but #3's cowl."
The designer then takes the notes and makes the suit.
So while the designers made the outfits they are not done without approval of the director.

If there is a lot of straight up magic in the film I wonder how they will handle the character's individual reaction to it?

This is how costume design works on films.
The director and designer...sometimes the actor too...will discuss the character and based on how they feel the character should look will come up with some design cues.
The designer takes these notes back to his shop and comes up with several designs. The designer shows them to the director...the director either approves a design or gives tips on a design...."I like design #2 but let's make the symbol bigger" or mixes and matches "I like #1's cape but #3's cowl."
The designer then takes the notes and makes the suit.
So while the designers made the outfits they are not done without approval of the director.

yeah...

Tattooed Common aside, I thought production was supposed to be in the dark now...

If there is a lot of straight up magic in the film I wonder how they will handle the character's individual reaction to it?

What do you mean? If magic does exist, I would imagine they would be used to a person's individual power.

What do you mean? If magic does exist, I would imagine they would be used to a person's individual power.
Maybe magic is a new thing just like Superman was first contact.

Think about it... If Common is Dr. Mist, we'll have 2 possible Justice League Dark characters.

No, what I mean is even with an alien invasion on record in the DCCU I am wondering how much out of the ordinary stuff some of the other members have experience with, if any. Flagg, Deadshot, Boomer... I doubt they have come across any "real" sorcery. How will they be written to take such a revelation? Where as I could see Katana or maybe even Chato and Croc being at least open to that stuff.

Tattooed Common aside, I thought production was supposed to be in the dark now...

They're not filming anymore major sequences outside or anything as spoiler-filled as BATMAN showing up. There will still be some small outside stuff and we haven't reached a point where we have underground tunnels leading from filming location to filming location as to deter paparazzi.

I think he is Dr. Mist. He's probably going to be the one who helps June Moone maintain control over The Enchantress.

NVM. I don't think his look fits Dr. Mist. He's clearly a criminal.

Last edited:

They're not filming any major sequences in very public places like downtown and such.

What HighFivingMF said haha.

I think he is Dr. Mist. He's probably going to be the one who helps June Moone maintain control over The Enchantress.

NVM. I don't think his look fits Dr. Mist. He's clearly a criminal.
Are you sure?

DrMist-janin.jpg

Flaurent Soki ‏@IamFlaurentSoki 2 min
Remember when I said You guys haven't see the tattoos on his back... Yeah, that's a glimpse.

Just noticed the tattoos on his right fingers. Spade-Index, Diamond-Middle, Club-Pinky and the ring finger where the heart would be, has a ring over it. And his left hand has rings in all of them except the ring finger.

It's Not a Hot Spicy scoop, but just thought it's pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"