Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common's tattoos are not a problem for me, nor are Harley's... still not overly sold on the Joker's look, but remembering back to the reaction to Ledger's reveal maybe we should've all just learned to sit back and wait for the portrayal on screen!

One thing that slightly bothers me is that with Common's costume reveal there seems to be a bit of a 'generic' look starting to take shape with the villains... maybe it's me being overly critical, but i'd love to see at least one 'costumed' villain... it's a very slight niggle, and i'm sure in the context of the movie all will be fine – Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman could be the catalyst for villains to dress more elaborately.

They're prisoners/criminals. I’d be really pissed off if they all look pretty, with nice hair and well made costumes.

I know nothing about this Tattoed Man, but at least now we can confirm Common isn't Green Lantern.

As for the costumes, these folks are all presumably fresh out of jail, it wouldn't really make much sense for Waller to just pass out a bunch of elaborate costumes. Deadshot, on the other hand, is wearing a pretty comic inspired suit.

And in other news, WhatCulture listed Suicide Squad as the upcoming most comic book movie most likely to be terrible. Because apparently it's been garnering nothing but negative reaction and hatred from fans. They even said the new batsuit got a bad reception :whatever:

So what are the odds we get a SS teaser at ComicCon?

They even said the new batsuit got a bad reception :whatever:

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

And in other news, WhatCulture listed Suicide Squad as the upcoming most comic book movie most likely to be terrible. Because apparently it's been garnering nothing but negative reaction and hatred from fans. They even said the new batsuit got a bad reception :whatever:

WhatCulture is so idiotic, their name might as well be T**tCulture.

WhatCulture is filled with nothing but a bunch of Marvel nut-hugging ***** whose DC articles aren't even worth sharing, let alone mentioning.

Spreading willful ignorance or flat-out falsehoods.

Journalism: you're doing it wrong.

WhatCulture is filled with nothing but a bunch of Marvel nut-hugging ***** whose DC articles aren't even worth sharing, let alone mentioning.
To be fair, they say equally idiotic things about Marvel, like how "Stan Lee needs to retire, because his cameos aren't fun anymore" :whatever:

I know nothing about this Tattoed Man, but at least now we can confirm Common isn't Green Lantern.

As for the costumes, these folks are all presumably fresh out of jail, it wouldn't really make much sense for Waller to just pass out a bunch of elaborate costumes. Deadshot, on the other hand, is wearing a pretty comic inspired suit.

They obviously think that Suicide Squad is Fantastic Four for some reason.

Leto's Joker look is the only thing that's displeased fans and really, that's par for the course with the Joker in live action these days. The casting, the director, Robbie as Harley... All things where the majority seems to be on board.

Yeah, even the comics board of 4chan is mostly on board with the movie.

Lord knows Harley fans have taken to Robbie's SS look so far, what with the insta Cosplay and fan art.

Lord knows Harley fans have taken to Robbie's SS look so far, what with the insta Cosplay and fan art.
Yeah, I guess most of them are fine with it. Though, I'm pretty sure there's still some who dislike it like this girl who always cosplays as classic Harley at my LCS during FCBD; she doesn't care about this movie because of Robbie's look. :shrug:

Welp, we can definitely say that WhatCulture has an equal share of DC and Marvel drones as their article writers. :whatever:

I don't find Stan Lee's recent cameos to be that funny anymore, to be honest.

I think we've finally gotten to the point where they feel more obligatory than funny.

I still think his best cameo was in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie.

Nah, Rise of the Silver Surfer was the funniest. No ***** given at all, just give him a cameo as HIMSELF. They knew that movie was awful from the start.

Nah, Rise of the Silver Surfer was the funniest. No ***** given at all, just give him a cameo as HIMSELF. They knew that movie was awful from the start.

His funniest cameo to date is Mallrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"