Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Leto busy somewhere else? He's made a point to never appear with any of his cast mates during downtime.

It's because he hates them all.

Who is the girl with all the ink?

Is Leto busy somewhere else? He's made a point to never appear with any of his cast mates during downtime.

Maybe they're too scared of him to invite him to these get-togethers. :hehe:

tumblr_nsi1jvxCTl1ubotmyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nsi1jvxCTl1ubotmyo2_500.jpg
Aww, they were in Montreal. I'll never be in a 3-meter radius with Margot Robbie and Cara Delevingne...

W3yliEG.gif

LOL same here. I read the news about celebrities hanging out in Montreal and I am always a good 20km away from where the action is.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see where this movie ends up being placed in the DCEU timeline.
We know its after MOS because they mentioned Superman but there was a lot of talk about Batman being retired before Batman v Superman so this could be after BvS too. I wonder if the holly hunter character knows about the Suicide Squad. Its a group that operates under plausible deniability because if anyone found out about gov't sanctioned super villains along with all the other questionable things being done it would look really bad.

This group doesn't look very black ops but then neither did the group in the comics. Anyone on the street could spot all the soldiers and the obviously not dressed like soldiers people out in the open like that.

It will be very interesting to see where this movie ends up being placed in the DCEU timeline.
We know its after MOS because they mentioned Superman but there was a lot of talk about Batman being retired before Batman v Superman so this could be after BvS too. I wonder if the holly hunter character knows about the Suicide Squad. Its a group that operates under plausible deniability because if anyone found out about gov't sanctioned super villains along with all the other questionable things being done it would look really bad.

This group doesn't look very black ops but then neither did the group in the comics. Anyone on the street could spot all the soldiers and the obviously not dressed like soldiers people out in the open like that.

Going by the trailer, I don't think the Squad has to worry about anyone spotting them on the street.

Thank you. People are being too dismissive of this. There is a lot of substance to this theory and it didn't just pop out of thin air.

No there isn't.

If you look hard enough for something, you'll find it. But that doesn't mean it's actually there.

Thanks! I'm hoping it's the first of many more articles. It's kinda my dream job.

I'd say keep it as a hobby/side job for now until it grows into something bigger. Take some writing classes and hone your craft while working at a day job that provides your main income so you'll become better at it. That's what I recommend. Just keep it up man! :)

I'd say keep it as a hobby/side job for now until it grows into something bigger. Take some writing classes and hone your craft while working at a day job that provides your main income so you'll become better at it. That's what I recommend. Just keep it up man! :)

Yeah that's the plan. Thanks for the advice.

I'm trying so hard to get excited for this film. The cast is pretty stellar so hopefully we should have some great performances

Wow, did you think that was even faintly amusing while you were making it? :funny:

Geoff Johns once again confirms that a Suicide Squad game is in the works. He talked about this in 2012, but it's nice to know they're still working on it.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/suicide-squad-video-game-development
The source article is from 2012, so there's nothing new in that department...

Also, in the same original article, Johns talks about the SS movie being part of the film slate. So, Suicide Squad was in the works back then when Nolan's TDKR was getting a release. And many detractors say SS is the answer to Guardians of the Galaxy... :whatever:

Also, in the same original article, Johns talks about the SS movie being part of the film slate. So, Suicide Squad was in the works back then when Nolan's TDKR was getting a release. And many detractors say SS is the answer to Guardians of the Galaxy... :whatever:

Not really about detractors, it's just logical it was likely more of an incentive. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of movies "in the works". It's called development bad place. If there's no immediate light at the end of the tunnel, who knows when the studio will actually put effort to get things off the ground.

Other studios' success always influence the competitors. Not inherently a bad thing. The DCEU would not be at the stage it's at without the jumpstart from Marvel's ridiculous run. I believe one of the WB board members even made a point to say they were resting on their loins at a 2013 conference call.

Took a while, but at least we're at that tipping point for DC's turn.

...resting on their laurels?

One of the surprising things for me to learn on that day they released the DC EU slate was how long they've been wanting to make SS a thing. Kudos to whoever had the idea to go forward with it. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"