Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the other thread, I don't buy that the cast signed on without seeing a script. They could actually still be making revisions at this stage. Not wholesale rewriting, but fine-tuning. That's common enough. If Gyllenhaal is confirmed as a replacement then the part obviously hasn't been significantly downgraded.

Yeah. David Ayer wrote a script bad enough to scare off the star of This Means War. OK.

And El Maybe wonders why we talk s*** about him. :o

I don't think I believe it either. Regardless if it is true or not, I am still pretty bummed he is out. Gyllenhaal would be a great get, but Rick Flagg is such obscure character to the general audience that you can probably get away with most name actors in that role.

I bet you now we'll get tumblr and twitter saying WB has no plan and the DC has already failed before its' barely begun.:funny:

By most accounts Hardy is a bit of a mercurial guy, so it's not impossible that he changed his mind. But even if he did, it doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of the project or the role.

As I said in the other thread, I don't buy that the cast signed on without seeing a script. They could actually still be making revisions at this stage. Not wholesale rewriting, but fine-tuning. That's common enough. If Gyllenhaal is confirmed as a replacement then the part obviously hasn't been significantly downgraded.

If Tom Hardy having scheduling conflicts is all a ruse, why would Jake bother even giving this a second look? When an actor or actress in a tentpole film like this receives a script, they also get a brief write-up on his/her character and also talk with someone else on the film (director, producers etc.) about their role(s). They would know how big their part really is and if they truly are going to be outshined by Joker.

I bet you now we'll get tumblr and twitter saying WB has no plan and the DC has already failed before its' barely begun.:funny:

Yep.

Actor's previous movie going over schedule and causing him to drop out of DC movie months in advance = DC has a terrible script and is crumbling and doom and Superman is a serial killer and ahhhh.

Director/writer leaving after not liking the rewrites done to the story he's been working on for the better half a a decade for a Marvel movie and doing a full rewrite weeks before filming = All part of the plan to make a fully cohesive cinematic universe.

Agreed.

Unless an actor really trusts the director, writers, movie concept or cast they don't usually sign up to something without seeing a script.

Matt Damon said he won't sign up to movies without seeing a script because you might sign up to a terrible movie and you can't back out it.

Yep.

Actor's previous movie going over schedule and causing him to drop out of DC movie months in advance = DC has a terrible script and is crumbling and doom and Superman is a serial killer and ahhhh.

Director/writer leaving after not liking the rewrites done to the story he's been working on for the better half a a decade for a Marvel movie and doing a full rewrite weeks before filming = All part of the plan to make a fully cohesive cinematic universe.

This is why I hate nerds.

Is anyone here thinks it's true?I mean...It's Latino Review after all.

I think fans should appreciate that how solid a casting always comes down to the direction of the character.

For example there are no doubt many people that would argue Hardy a better 'actor' than the likes of chris evans but whether or not Hardy would make for a better cap boils down to the direction they are going for. I personally think Jake has a really wide range and if he's working with Ayer someone that really goes for character portraits (as seen in something like Fury) then Flagg might just be something special channeled through Jake. I'm hoping something nervous and twitchy with alot of pressure on his plate, or maybe not.
I just think we need to stop measuring this sort of things by conventional means before the fact. That's what happened with Ledger. No one had any clue about the character direction. I also like that Jake has a great relationship with this director.

The one downside is that tom is clearly more manly.

The one downside is that tom is clearly more manly.
Hardy would be the better choice if Flag is a genuine straightforward hard man. Gyllenhaal would be the better choice if Flag is a guy trying, and sometimes struggling, to live up to his father's legacy, a guy trying to be a hard man even though it doesn't always come naturally to him.

Jake really transforms his roles, we have to take that into consideration.

And I will just leave this here...

jack_gyllenhaal_southpaw_E1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I think both would do a great job, but personally I like how Hardy fit the role better. He's not a step down but he's a different flavor. I'll still be just as excited if they get Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"