Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie is decent, but very re watchable.

Its just too bad because this movie SHOULD have been great. So much there that could have been a great movie.

If Ayer wrote a better script or if there was a more delicate hand at director this movie could have been great.

Doesn't help that he was supposedly only given 6 weeks to write the script.

Yeah, that sounds like trolling to me. Just like I really didn't buy into the whole Rotten Tomatoes petition. I think people are purposely doing this stuff just to make fans look worse than they actually. At least I'd like to hope it's just trolling.....

Um...okay.... yeah. Hmm...

*puts ear buds back in and continues listening to Serial Killer by Lana Del Rey*

Some people, eh?

2 of the biggest issues that bothered a lot of people didn't both me.

I thought Cara was terrible as June, but thought she was pretty good as Enchantress. Especially the creepy version.

I'd take Enchantress over Thor 2's villain and maybe a couple Marvel ones as well.

I also didn't think the 3rd act was terrible as people make it out to be.

The pacing and editing were indeed awful. Some of the worst I've ever seen.

the end fight scene with all that slow-motion was godawful.

the end fight scene with all that slow-motion was godawful.

The [BLACKOUT]Diablo/Incubus fight [/BLACKOUT]was sort of bad.

Slow motion didn't bother me. They should have never s[BLACKOUT]low motioned Harley throwing the gun[/BLACKOUT]. However, the bit with [BLACKOUT]Deadshot and his daughter worked quite well for me. [/BLACKOUT]

Yeah the third act really needs fixing the most.

Oh it needed fixing. Just wasn't as horrible as I was expecting it be. Thing did slow down a ton, but again my issue was with the editing and pacing.

The first 80 mins went by too fast. The last 40 mins went by too slow. However, the bar scene was done so well that I kind of forgive the mishaps.

I think the movie is really decent. Its just too bad it didn't reach its full potential.

I think if this movie came out in 2017 it could have. The rushed production shows....however, its still fun with a heart.

What exactly was El Diablo ??? Both him and the Twinchantress looked very Mayan/Inca/Aztec inspired. If he was a demon or something or possessed by one they should have clarified.

The shot of the katana at Harley's feet was unnecessary, it would have worked better if they hadn't telegraphed it. I can accept the Deadshot argument.

What exactly was El Diablo ??? Both him and the Twinchantress looked very Mayan/Inca/Aztec inspired. If he was a demon or something or possessed by one they should have clarified.

The shot of the katana at Harley's feet was unnecessary, it would have worked better if they hadn't telegraphed it. I can accept the Deadshot argument.

I get the katana shot, but a lot of movies do that. Agree about not telegraphing it though. El Diablo said he was possessed at the bar scene. Whenever he gets really angry he loses control of it.

Curious, what do you guys think is Ayer's worst film? This or Sabotage? I'm not sure which one was more of a mess. I guess this one was, but I at least liked some of the characters. Everyone in Sabotage made me want to vomit or facepalm.

Curious, what do you guys think is Ayer's worst film? This or Sabotage? I'm not sure which one was more of a mess. I guess this one was, but I at least liked some of the characters. Everyone in Sabotage made me want to vomit or facepalm.

Probably Sabotage. This movie had a great cast and fun characters at least.

Harley Quinn kicked a lot of ass so much so you have the uninitiated asking how she's so good at fighting and shooting if she's just crazy
Oh lets discuss Harley some more.
She dreams of having the simple life with the Joker

Am I the only one who wants to the more of the magic/mythology side of the DCU after seeing Enchantress and Diablo? Their powers were pretty awesome and visually stunning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"