Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide_Squad_0027-720x303.jpg

These were the characters that I remembered but now that I look at the list it's really the Joker/Harley addition that surprised me.
I know that really anybody could be in it ... it's an interesting lineup but I am not sure why I am not more excited than I am ...

Slipknot is probably dead.

Honestly I had to google Slipknot to even know who is he.

He is a cool metal band.

I read the books back in the late '80s Early 90's so the Joker/Harley were characters that I wouldn't have thought they would have in it for the movie - I know the lineup has always been fluid though.

It does make sense however as they are characters better known to the non-comic readers.

I am going to pull the books I have in my collection to check because I remember the run that came out that I collected and check who was on the covers/in the team back then.

Some of the characters I was expecting but as I say Joker/Harley and probably the Enchantress were members I wouldn't have expected.

1.) Harley is on the team in The New 52
2.) Joker isn't on the team in this movie. He's 99.9% guaranteed to be the main villain of the film

Suicide_Squad_0027-720x303.jpg

These were more the kind of characters I would have expected to see.

With Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, Rick Flag, Slipknot, Enchantress, Harley, and El Diablo it seems like a mixture of the Ostrander run and the new 52 Suicide Squad.

1.) Harley is on the team in The New 52
2.) Joker isn't on the team in this movie. He's 99.9% guaranteed to be the main villain of the film

Ah. So she's in because of the more recent comics and they are going AGAINST the Joker.

That makes more sense ... but still not making me interested enough to go see it ...

I read the books back in the late '80s Early 90's so the Joker/Harley were characters that I wouldn't have thought they would have in it for the movie - I know the lineup has always been fluid though.

It does make sense however as they are characters better known to the non-comic readers.

I am going to pull the books I have in my collection to check because I remember the run that came out that I collected and check who was on the covers/in the team back then.

Some of the characters I was expecting but as I say Joker/Harley and probably the Enchantress were members I wouldn't have expected.

I see. Well, Enchantress was in the Ostrander run, so not a massive surprise to me. Harley has been a mainstay since the New 52 and she's popular like you said. Joker isn't on the squad though it appears.

Ah. So she's in because of the more recent comics and they are going AGAINST the Joker.

That makes more sense ... but still not making me interested enough to go see it ...

That's alright. Hopefully when the trailer comes out, it will peak your interest.

I enjoyed MOS but the change to the character at the end ruined it for me.
I am wondering why they chose this particular lineup for Suicide Squad.
I enjoyed the comics but this lineup wasn't what I expected ... I love Croc though so that should be a highlight

I agree the end of MOS was a 'shock' – personally feel they should have gotten him into the phantom zone, but the storyline left Superman no other choice.
The reason for that – Zod was a credible villain... he threatened, and carried out – Villains are the one thing Marvel have yet to do well.

Tell me though, as I don't read Marvel comics, does Iron Man kill in comics?

I really don't get why you'd come on a Suicide Squad thread to tell us that?

Couple of points...

First, I've not seen anything in the trailers of Ant Man or (especially) Fantastic Four that makes me want to see them, but why would I go on their forums to let them know that?

Secondly – GOTG held no interest to me whatsoever, but look how that turned out.

Hopefully Boomerang had something to do with that.

I hope he died peacefully in his bed.

Lets not start the DC vs Marvel discussion. Back to Suicide Squad.

Well, thanks for your input.
Personally I'm far more excited for Suicide Squad that I thought I would be. And I find most of Marvel's output to be 'safe' and average... as I say, personal opinion, but I found MOS to be a far better movie than anything Marvel has made to date.

It makes me happy whenever I see someone feeling the same way about Man of Steel as I do. I absolutely love Man of Steel.

But I still think AoU is better. It is unfair to compare because it is a team movie and Superman is just one man, so far. Hope it changes with BvS.

It sounds like the guy is making up **** as he goes along. The exact same "mildly amused" laugh for 2 minutes straight, with music on low volume in the background to make it seem legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"