Suicide Squad SPOILER Discussion (BEWARE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the movie. Or more so, I enjoyed the cast. But the actual movie itself wasn't good. Wasn't horrible though (I read people saying it was worse than F4ntastic and that's just bull) the plot just really fell apart. Enchantress was wasted as a villain and a bunch of other stuff just wasn't executed right.

In order to fight a Superman gone rogue, the government forms a team of a hitman, a guy that throws boomerangs, and a psychopath. Diablo was the only metahuman. Killer Croc didn't do anything. And Slipknot? C'mon. The team was cool, but to say they're being formed to act as a last line of defense for Superman?

The film had potential to be REALLY good but it ended up being very D average. But I did have fun watching it. Will Smith was really good as a villain. I think I would have liked to see him as Rick Flag and Joel Kinnaman as Deadshot, but they were cool. Margot Robbie and Viola Davis were great in their roles. I wanted more from Captain Boomerang. I feel like we didn't get enough from him but the little we did was entertaining. Diablo was a cool character. I like what they did with him.

I did hate how forced their relationship was. They were a team for like 17 hours and here goes Diablo: "This is my family!" And Harley's "you messed with my friends" or whatever line is right up there with "Martha!"

All in all I had fun, but hopefully we get a way better story in the sequel (if we get one)

Something I was just thing about. Regarding the post-credits scene, Bruce Wayne says something to Waller like, "Next time, leave it to us."

One problem there, Brucie. Why the hell didn't you do something THIS time? We know that Bruce is working with Wonder Woman. He hasn't assembled the rest of the JL yet, but he has a lot of resources at his disposal, plus a super-powered teammate who is an amazingly skilled warrior and likely has knowledge of ancient magic. Yet they don't get involved at all.

And it's not like they wouldn't have noticed something was happening. There was enough time between Brochantress' initial attack and when the Squad is assembled for Flag to get a f***ing haircut (seriously, did anyone else find that a little odd)? I believe they said it was three days that thing was turning people of Midway city into zombies and destroying buildings. Yet Batman and Wonder Woman did nothing. And of course, there's also the Flash out there somewhere, and Aquaman, for that matter. If they gave a crap about anything, maybe they'd see if there was something they could do. But instead, the fate of the world lies in the hands of some guys with guns, a psychopath, a couple of low-level superhumans and a dude who throws boomerangs.

And yeah, I know that the Marvel movies suffer a bit from this problem too, but at least in this case, this was GLOBAL threat like Zod and (presumably) Doomsday. They should have said or done something to give a reason as to why the heroes didn't lift a finger. If you want to make the argument that the heroes couldn't get involved because the military had the area cordoned off or whatever, that argument doesn't really work because the Joker was easily able to infiltrate the area and take over a helicopter. If he could do that, then someone like Wonder Woman, Batman or especially the Flash shouldn't have had any trouble getting in there.

Again, it just speaks to why the mission in this movie didn't fit this particular band of antiheroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"