Suicide Squad trailer OFFICIALLY released!

Earlier in the trailer, you see Harleen bound to a table with the Joker standing over her. You can tell it's her because of the blond hair and glasses.

togHwUC.jpg

Look who's on the left. :cwink:

Thanks. Somehow I've managed to miss that every time I've watched it lol

They always did though. That's my point.

Neither. It's against a lot of the "fans".

For example right before Flashpoint even happened Secret Six, Xombi, Jonah Hex, Zatanna and Booster Gold were some of the best written books on the market. With some of the most interesting characters in the medium. Yet their sales figures were pretty horrendous while the bat books soared.

A couple of years before that titles like Manhunter and Simon Dark were also kicking all kinds of ass from a quality standpoint with some really pathetic sales figures. Then with the New 52 you had some titles like Demon Knights, I Vampire, Resurrection Man, OMAC and Voodoo which were different and incredibly interesting but again not enough people bought them.

End of the day numbers don't lie in the business world and any business will cater to the market where the numbers are the highest.

A lot of the same people who complain about "Always Batman and Superman" are some of the same ones who passed by these books at their LCS and gave them the cold shoulder. Don't complain about a so called problem if you're not even trying to be part of the solution is what I say.

One of my favorite things about going to the comic shop was to check out some of the more obscure or lesser known titles (along with the regular favorites) just to see different stories and characters. Sure, the cover art played a big part of me giving a book a look see, but it was always interesting just to see what else was out there. It would also give you a larger look at the universe the characters inhabited as a whole. But that was before you had to take out a loan to buy ten different titles.

What's the price on a single issue these days? I had to give up monthlies and start buying trades years ago. Just couldn't justify the expenditure anymore. I understand printing costs are crazy but kids are supposed to be able to afford comics and I don't see that happening even if they weren't distracted by a multitude of alternate media.

Most DC books are $2.99 with some of the more "premiere" titles like Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Justice League priced at $3.99.

I haven't bought Marvel regularly since Civil War. Just a handful of books at best but it seems like everything they put out is priced at $3.99.

Most DC books are $2.99 with some of the more "premiere" titles like Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Justice League priced at $3.99.

I haven't bought Marvel regularly since Civil War. Just a handful of books at best but it seems like everything they put out is priced at $3.99.

Just curious, is that considered a lot in the US? Because, even here, with our *****ty exchange rate, that's perfectly affordable for someone with an average middle-class income. I'm taking about following, give or take, three, maybe four weekly books.

Yeah Civil War is about when I stopped.

I remember when comics were 60 cents. Good times.

I personally don't consider it a lot and I started buying comics when they were still a dollar. But others who aren't as involved in the hobby probably do.

My comic shop (Midtown Comics) has an incentive where for every 100 bucks I spend I get 20 bucks of credit so that also helps but generally I spend a little more than $100 on comics every month. Which really isn't much for me in the long run.

To the guys complain about Batman having a minor role in the movie, Batman was an antagonist in the Ostrander Suicide Squad run and my guess is that Batman's role in the movie will probably be smaller here than in the comic.

This looks cool, but just as a trailer... I kind of wish they went for more of the "fun crazy action movie" vibe, instead of the same pseudo-artsy "play an ironically creepy version of a well-known song over people whispering and explosions" thing that every single trailer for a comic-book movie likes to do now.

I mean, the footage looks cool, but I can't help feeling like it would be better served with some rock guitar and a faster pace.

That has literally been only one other comic book movie trailer to do that lol

That has literally been only one other comic book movie trailer to do that lol

To his credit, it has been a trend in movie trailers overall. HOWEVER, it's a trend I actually like most of the time. It works especially well in the SS trailer.

I think doing a rock type soundtrack to the trailer would have been terrible. I really like the score for it, the way it builds and builds into a crescendo at the end as the visuals get crazier.

The style of the trailer was perfect for SS. Now I'm really afraid that the movie won't have this tone.

Having frenetic action juxtaposed with a haunting song worked really well for this trailer and matches the tone of the DCCU.

Having frenetic action juxtaposed with a haunting song worked really well for this trailer and matches the tone of the DCCU.

yup

I do hope though that they didn't forget to inject tons of dark comedy. Even if it's a character piece with sophisticated writing it should also be a balls to the wall fun action flick

WB's/DCE films dark and gritty?

More power to them! Nobody wants to see WB's/DCE films be a carbon copy of the Marvel films.

Not enough "color" in DCE films? Ridiculous! :loco:

Deal with it....or don't watch!

Ok, so it appears Joker could be torturing Harley before her turn but we all know how trailers tend to mislead judging from the final shot it almost appears the ceiling looks like a warehouse type of ceiling and if anyone has read "Batman: A Death in the Family" then you know where I am going with this.

WB's/DCE films dark and gritty?

More power to them! Nobody wants to see WB's/DCE films be a carbon copy of the Marvel films.

Not enough "color" in DCE films? Ridiculous! :loco:

Deal with it....or don't watch!
I work in an industry with various competitors, and you know what I do? I don't even look at what they're doing. I believe in doing your own thing. Don't be a follower. Be a pioneer.

Ok, so it appears Joker could be torturing Harley before her turn but we all know how trailers tend to mislead judging from the final shot it almost appears the ceiling looks like a warehouse type of ceiling and if anyone has read "Batman: A Death in the Family" then you know where I am going with this.

There is no sign at all that it's Jason Todd and there are about 4 clues that it's Harley.

Can someone kind enough please gif the deadshot rappell scene ?
Looked so badass.

I work in an industry with various competitors, and you know what I do? I don't even look at what they're doing. I believe in doing your own thing. Don't be a follower. Be a pioneer.

well said, annefan

I couldnt care less about the 'I started a joke' lyrics tbh, but the score in the trailer gives me chills. So, so dramatic. I want it.

I couldnt care less about the 'I started a joke' lyrics tbh, but the score in the trailer gives me chills. So, so dramatic. I want it.

Same here. I like how it makes out-of-context scenes look genuinely dramatic, especially the shots of the group wandering around the empty city.

Speaking of which: Why is the city empty/evacuated? Looks as if a major disaster took place, as if a doomsday weapon was unleashed...

What's the price on a single issue these days? I had to give up monthlies and start buying trades years ago. Just couldn't justify the expenditure anymore. I understand printing costs are crazy but kids are supposed to be able to afford comics and I don't see that happening even if they weren't distracted by a multitude of alternate media.

Ya, once I discovered instocktrades.com I could never justify the cost of buying single issues.

Same here. I like how it makes out-of-context scenes look genuinely dramatic, especially the shots of the group wandering around the empty city.

Speaking of which: Why is the city empty/evacuated? Looks as if a major disaster took place, as if a doomsday weapon was unleashed...

I think the rumor was Opal City, but that's a vague recollection on my part.

I love the score of this trailer. I wonder if it's part of the movie soundtrack…?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"