Suicide Squad's positivity thread

Kyle

Sidekick
Reaction score
With the reviews pouring in, thought I would just create this thread like the one needed in the 'Batman vs Superman' forum (and I'll admit, also wanted to be the first). The Suicide Squad positivity thread. Same mod rules from that forum, apply here.

fp4237-suicide-squad-group-184410.jpg

Despite reviews, I'm still hyped to see it. Critics hated BvS, I personally loved it and I have a gut feeling what happened to BvS will probably happen here again with me.

With everything doom and gloomy, and "DCEU sucks this and DCEU sucks that" - just figured I wouldn't be the only one wanting to take a respite from that.

So... with that said,

Who else is still excited?

Last edited:
The only movie critic I usually listen to is Jeremy Jahns, and he loved Suicide Squad. I'm excited. This place got gloomy like BVS did quick and it sucks when you're excited for it and people are already hating on it and throwing it in the trash before seeing it, but ah well.

I can say that when I do see the movie Harley Quinn will be my favorite out of the bunch.

I trust Schmoes and Jeremy Jahns.. don't care about the others..

If they decide to make Suicide Squad 2, then I hope it's R-rated.. it works better with that way..

I'm looking forward to it. I printed out a cover for my cell with the skwad!

I never expected it to be an amazing movie. From the trailers, I got a cool, crazy, chaotic ride vibe with fun characters. If I get that, I'll be 3/3 with DCEU thusfar. I think boomerang is going to rock and hopefully we see him a flash movie.

It was only a matter of time. I haven't seen it yet but I already have my tickets and I'm taking 3 of my siblings to see it. Can't wait!

Seeing it with a group of friends on Thursday and with another friend Friday night 8) Might get sick of it by the Friday showing but definitely looking forward to trying to dig deeper.

I like Jahns and MrSN. :mnm:

I also like grace even though she's weird.:woot: And I agree with Campea more often than not. He and I both like MOS & BvS.

Movie critics hating it will probably mean I love it, lol

The only critic I truly TRUST is myself.

That said I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions good or bad. I actually understand film criticism. Loved how BvS got ripped to pieces haha. I saw it before most critics and hated it. So It was just funny justification to me.

I loved Man Of Steel in 2013. Since then BvS has made it a bit weaker, but I still enjoy it thoroughly. I couldn't believe the critical reception to Man of Steel. I thought it was what everyone wanted, so it was a bit confusing. A real comic book/science fiction inspired Superman was a breath of fresh air, while most thought it was soulless I suppose.

I believe I will like SS more than BvS at least. I don't have such high expectations and as long as Harley is done well, thats all my inner fanboy really cares about. I had TOO many things to care about in BvS that were all essentially ruined. Suicide Squad is harmless in comparison, so not too worried.

I really hope the music plays well in Suicide Squad. If I'm on the fence about a film the music will usually budge me one way or another.

If I don't like Justice League, then my heart will finally be broken. Right now I'm still sailing, anticipating Wonder Woman, no matter how I feel about Suicide Squad.

The only critic I truly TRUST is myself.

That said I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions good or bad. I actually understand film criticism. Loved how BvS got ripped to pieces haha. I saw it before most critics and hated it. So It was just funny justification to me.

I loved Man Of Steel in 2013. Since then BvS has made it a bit weaker, but I still enjoy it thoroughly. I couldn't believe the critical reception to Man of Steel. I thought it was what everyone wanted, so it was a bit confusing. A real comic book/science fiction inspired Superman was a breath of fresh air, while most thought it was soulless I suppose.

I believe I will like SS more than BvS at least. I don't have such high expectations and as long as Harley is done well, thats all my inner fanboy really cares about. I had TOO many things to care about in BvS that were all essentially ruined. Suicide Squad is harmless in comparison, so not too worried.

I really hope the music plays well in Suicide Squad. If I'm on the fence about a film the music will usually budge me one way or another.

If I don't like Justice League, then my heart will finally be broken. Right now I'm still sailing, anticipating Wonder Woman, no matter how I feel about Suicide Squad.

Even though I like BvS, I understand why others don't, but I will never understand the bashing that MOS gets.

Looking forward to this. Seeing it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am preparing myself to be entertained and I'll judge it for what it is. I'm not going to nitpick the movie to death or go in to find faults with the final product. I just want to have some fun and come out of the theaters smiling. I genuinely hope SS does well. :yay:

Like I said in the main thread :

Ultimately whether we get more DCEU movies depend on whether the fans like this movie and want more and whether it makes a lot of money.These two things can still happen.SS is poised for a 125mil+ OW and a possible 600 mil + global.And most of the youtubers and comicbook fan sites have given it favourable reviews so far.So I will go in on friday(hopefully the ticket prices arent too steep for me,im just a poor college student)to be entertained.If I am,I see no reason to panic.

I got a free ticket when I bought the BvS Blu-ray.

I envy you.I already spent lot of money this week eating out so it looks increasingly doubtful that I will be able to afford opening day tickets.I may have to wait till next monday/tuesday. :(

Last edited:
Since I had already bought tickets for 3 screenings in advance a month ago (for this Friday, Sunday and Tuesday), I guess I will do my best to enjoy it and focus on the positive aspects of the film :)

Friday is with a friend of mine, Sunday and Tuesday - with the gf.

I am very hyped, although the reviews yesterday shocked me a bit.

I wish one of those 'nah not going because critics!' people traded their tickets with me cause I still have 2 days of waiting :/

Since I had already bought tickets for 3 screenings in advance a month ago (for this Friday, Sunday and Tuesday), I guess I will do my best to enjoy it and focus on the positive aspects of the film :)

Friday is with a friend of mine, Sunday and Tuesday - with the gf.

I am very hyped, although the reviews yesterday shocked me a bit.

Exactly this. :up:

Wow it's gotten that bad that this threads exists before the film is even out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"