Superman Returns Suit, Muscle.. is Brandon the problem?

Saph

Sidekick
Reaction score
The two prominent complaints on these boards are:

1. The suit.

2. The muscle.

Any underwhelming presences caused by these 'problems' in Superman pictures, are blamed on:

1. The Costume Designer

2. Singer not telling Routh to bulk up.

Is it really the fault of them, or is it someone else? Is it..

..Routh?

I'm no Wellingite. I supported Routh when he was cast. Whenever I disliked something in this movie, I never blamed Routh.

Until now.

050902_Superman_wide.png

We're all familiar with this picture. It flared up the argument on Routh's size, because this picture shows Routh as being very skinny, while other pictures show Reeve size.

I saw this manip:
srr.jpg

Kudos to who made it.

This manip is, obviously, just Reeve pasted on Routh's body. And look at the difference.

The suit doesn't look so bad.

He doesn't look so small.

It appears that it is the actor that determines how things appear, not the suit, or his actual size.

And Routh doesn't create the same impression. Will he surpass Reeve? Not likely, going by these pictures.

Routh still needs to show us if he can handle the Man of Steel. He has the voice, but does he have the rest?

Hmm... waste of time on my part to even visit a thread created by someone like you. Blaming Routh is not the answer, Saph. Blame the people who cast him in the role. Blame if you don't like Routh as Superman.

Blame them after you've watched the damn movie! Not before you've seen a teaser, or a trailer... ok?

End of discussion.

kids will like the movie. isnt superman for the kids? every kid dreams about flying,...

people must realize that reeeve is gone. routh is now superman. why is reeve the best superman? he was the only one. i dont count the tv-shows.

dark_b said:
kids will like the movie. isnt superman for the kids? every kid dreams about flying,...

people must realize that reeeve is gone. routh is now superman. why is reeve the best superman. he was the only one. i dont count the tv-shows.

agreed.

Saph said:
The two prominent complaints on these boards are:

1. The suit.

2. The muscle.

Any underwhelming presences caused by these 'problems' in Superman pictures, are blamed on:

1. The Costume Designer

2. Singer not telling Routh to bulk up.

Is it really the fault of them, or is it someone else? Is it..

..Routh?

I'm no Wellingite. I supported Routh when he was cast. Whenever I disliked something in this movie, I never blamed Routh.

Until now.

050902_Superman_wide.png

We're all familiar with this picture. It flared up the argument on Routh's size, because this picture shows Routh as being very skinny, while other pictures show Reeve size.

I saw this manip:
srr.jpg

Kudos to who made it.

This manip is, obviously, just Reeve pasted on Routh's body. And look at the difference.

The suit doesn't look so bad.

He doesn't look so small.

It appears that it is the actor that determines how things appear, not the suit, or his actual size.

And Routh doesn't create the same impression. Will he surpass Reeve? Not likely, going by these pictures.

Routh still needs to show us if he can handle the Man of Steel. He has the voice, but does he have the rest?

It's not Routh, it's not Singer, it's us-the fans. We are so used to Christopher Reeve as Superman that we can only picture him as the Man of Steel. You put Reeve in any suit and we will automatically think Superman. Its psychological, we associate Reeve with Superman. Now we have to get over the fact that Reeve isn't Superman so we turn to the next best thing, other incarnations of Superman. "Why didn't they use Dean Cain, why didn't they use Welling." This is the next phase, we associate these actors with Superman because they've played the part. Routh is new, he's foreign to us. When we look at him in the new suit we are wondering if that's really Superman. My opinion is that it isnt really the suit, because obviously people are now saying Reeve looks fantastic in it. It's not even Routh, it's Reeve. We were spoiled by Reeve as Superman for four movies and we can't get over it. He will always be Superman to us, and now Routh is trying to take his place. It's like a boy without a father, who can never accept his step-father as his dad when he is younger. As he gets older he realizes that this man is not trying to replace my father but trying to establish a new relationship with me. The boy realizes he is different but he is still a father figure. He may not dress the same, or act the same, but he is still my dad. Routh is now Superman, we have to accept this and move on. Reeve will always be Superman but now it's time for somebody new to take over the role. Remember the Micheal Keaton outcrys? Sure, Kilmer and Clooney couldn't hold his bat-belt but look what Bale did.

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Hmm... waste of time on my part to even visit a thread created by someone like you. Blaming Routh is not the answer, Saph. Blame the people who cast him in the role. Blame if you don't like Routh as Superman.

Blame them after you've watched the damn movie! Not before you've seen a teaser, or a trailer... ok?

End of discussion.
Yeah, way to completely ignore my post. And insult me. "Someone like you" :rolleyes:

I was a supporter of Routh until I saw that Reeve manages to erase all the problems people have. That has to MEAN something.

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:

End of discussion.

I blame the fans who got no faith

I think people are missing the point entirely. I guess they saw negative vibes and decided to not read it properly.

Typical. :rolleyes:

Showtime029 said:
It's not Routh, it's not Singer, it's us-the fans. We are so used to Christopher Reeve as Superman that we can only picture him as the Man of Steel. You put Reeve in any suit and we will automatically think Superman. Its psychological, we associate Reeve with Superman. Now we have to get over the fact that Reeve isn't Superman so we turn to the next best thing, other incarnations of Superman. "Why didn't they use Dean Cain, why didn't they use Welling." This is the next phase, we associate these actors with Superman because they've played the part. Routh is new, he's foreign to us. When we look at him in the new suit we are wondering if that's really Superman. My opinion is that it isnt really the suit, because obviously people are now saying Reeve looks fantastic in it. It's not even Routh, it's Reeve. We were spoiled by Reeve as Superman for four movies and we can't get over it. He will always be Superman to us, and now Routh is trying to take his place. It's like a boy without a father, who can never accept his step-father as his dad when he is younger. As he gets older he realizes that this man is not trying to replace my father but trying to establish a new relationship with me. The boy realizes he is different but he is still a father figure. He may not dress the same, or act the same, but he is still my dad. Routh is now Superman, we have to accept this and move on. Reeve will always be Superman but now it's time for somebody new to take over the role. Remember the Micheal Keaton outcrys? Sure, Kilmer and Clooney couldn't hold his bat-belt but look what Bale did.

Exactly. We know and have been associating Superman with Christopher Reeve for 27 years. Brandon is just going to take some getting used to......

How the hell can we judge routh on pictures..I'm Freaking sick and tired of listening to some of you people whine.we have yet seen him act in a trailer..

Pictures do not show how good of an actor he is, how can routh be the problem if you haven't seen him "be" superman yet.

Pictures mean nothing.as far as i can see most of you can't see past reeve..let it go.Routh is the new superman..he will be great!

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
How the hell can we judge routh on pictures..I'm Freaking sick and tired of listening to some of you people whine.we have yet seen him act in a trailer..

Pictures do not show how good of an actor he is, how can routh be the problem if you haven't seen him "be" superman yet.

Exactly.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:

Pictures mean nothing.as far as i can see most of you can't see past reeve..let it go.Routh is the new superman..he will be great!
Go to the top of my thread, and READ the post this time. You've missed the point.

Saph said:
Go to the top of my thread, and READ the post this time. You've missed the point.

I did..your missing the point of mine..your still blaiming Routh.

Saph said:

Read my previous post in this thread. Look through those pictures. Then try to re-evaluate objectively.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:

:up: :up: :up: WAIT FOR ROUTH IN ACTION! GOOD POINT!

i just wait till some crazy fan will say that rouths face is ugly .......... that thats the reason he is not superman.

MatchesMalone said:
Read my previous post in this thread. Look through those pictures. Then try to re-evaluate objectively.
I don't see how your pictures are relevant at all. They all seem to be praising Reeve, and are before he worked out, and they don't show him in costume. Atleast in the amount i've seen.

Showtime029 said:
:up: :up: :up: WAIT FOR ROUTH IN ACTION! GOOD POINT!
Well, until then, all we have is pictures. And Reeve looks great, Routh doesn't.

A fat person still looks fat in a photograph.

Saph said:
Well, until then, all we have is pictures. And Reeve looks great, Routh doesn't.

You need to get over Reeve...he's not walking through that door.

Saph said:

Thats my point, you can not see past reeve.

Saph said:
I don't see how your pictures are relevant at all. They all seem to be praising Reeve, and are before he worked out, and they don't show him in costume. Atleast in the amount i've seen.

The fact that you fail to see the correlation doesn't surprise me. Those pictures are pre-release news pictures and official pre-release pics. JUST LIKE WHAT WE HAVE WITH ROUTH. Do you see the similarity yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"