Summer Olympic Games - London 2012 - Part 1

Mo Farah...legend.

Finally got this in primetime on the west coast...

What a race! The Ethopians and Kenyans seemed like they were trying to knock people out at the end though.

I love seeing the British crowd go nuts...lol

i've really been enjoying watching the events every night. i've never really been into the olympics before except for sports i played.

i remember riding through atlanta during the opening ceremonies though. was amazing

I have enjoyed them also. I find the London games somehow more compelling then Beijing. Not sure why...but even though I hate the time delay I have been glued to the tube during primetime.

Haha...I'm not mad at Richards-Ross Chanel earrings...lol. She is stunting those...lol

I have enjoyed them also. I find the London games somehow more compelling then Beijing. Not sure why...but even though I hate the time delay I have been glued to the tube during primetime.

i dont even think i watched beijing?

i watched athens cuz of softball i know for sure though

You didn't see the Beijing opening ceremony?

I usually only watch until artistic gymnastics is complete. I have watched way more this time. Again, I don't know why... I don't want to say because it's held in an English speaking country, but I think that might be part of the reason.

no i'm fairly sure i had to work that night and i didn't care about it like i probably should have. was probably still mad they took out one of my favorite sports and was boycotting or something dumb lol

no i'm fairly sure i had to work that night and i didn't care about it like i probably should have. was probably still mad they took out one of my favorite sports and was boycotting or something dumb lol

LOLOLOLOL....lol

I won't lie....:yay: You missed out on the opening ceremony, but not much else IMO.

I also hope they bring Softball and baseball back. :up:

I don't personally agree with team ballgames being in the Olympics. It just seems to be stretching the point, somehow. And I don't see why the line is drawn where it is. If we have (proper) football, hockey and basketball, why not rugby or cricket? Particularly the latter, since it is a huge sport in many parts of the world. A twenty20 tournament would fit in really easily.

Did 2 Americans really just quit the marathon going on now in the Olympics?

Clint Eastwood needs to chew their asses out. Disgraceful. Way to go...way to guy.

Srsly you guys...srsly..you guys..srsly.

Stern now wants to lower the age for basketball to 23 in regards to Olympics. Why the **** do we watch this thing if not to see our best take on the rest of the planet? If I wanted to watch a bunch of kids hoop, I'd walk down the ****ing street.

Lowering the age of the Basketball like they did with football might make the result in less of a forgone conclusion.

Is Juan Carlos Navarro still employed somewhere? His ragged beard and manic effort thus far would seem to say no.

So many 3 balls. Spain is in a zone and still can't stop the penetration that's leading to the open 3's.

Hey, Spain let Serge Ibaka get on the floor.

I love when Coach K has Deron Williams, Chris Paul, LeBron, and Kevin Love on the floor. You're practically assured a high percentage look.

Well I think that will be Great Britains last Gold medal of the games... Well done Anthony Joshua!

The Spanish coach is so stupid. Marc Gasol just picked up his 4th personal with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd Q. (And of course he whined and complained about it in true Gasol fashion.)

It's not like you've got an athletic freak with recent NBA Finals experience on the bench backing up the Gasols or anything. Good move leaving Marc out there. Hahaha

Here's what I've noticed about the Spanish fans that NBC chooses to show in the crowd, the men are like living cartoons dressed ridiculously with highly exaggerated facial expressions and the women are insanely hot.

Loved seeing Bolt do the Mobot.

Ukraine heavy weigth boxer Oleksandr Usyk celebration was awesome

tumblr_m8mzdt_DRBo1rbuak1o1_250.gif
tumblr_m8mzdt_DRBo1rbuak1o2_250.gif

tumblr_m8mzdt_DRBo1rbuak1o3_250.gif
tumblr_m8mzdt_DRBo1rbuak1o4_250.gif

tumblr_m8mzdt_DRBo1rbuak1o6_250.gif

These refs in the BB game are just whistle-happy today. The game is just so disjointed right now.

Kevin Love with a clean strip but Pau Gasol screams out like he's receiving an enema to get the call.

Really missing Dwight Howard at this point.

LEBRON!!!

Has anyone done more to rehabilitate their image than LeBron over these past few months?

EDIT: then he shoots a HORRIBLE air ball. Well, he ain't a shooter.

What a sick reverse falling backwards layup from Chris Paul!

And now the all-star scrubs get in the game.

Kobe Bean Byrant is crying, after trying so hard to takeover like he did in 2008, but settled for a bunch of a missed 3's, but one sweet pull up on a drive.

LeBron poked Pau Gasol in the eye earlier and now the black eye is coming in NICELY.

Last edited:
Chris Paul was the difference in the 4th quarter. Spain just could not stop him.

Nice to see the US showing such genuine emotion after the game. They have so much pressure to win that they don't have much opportunity to celebrate during the Olympics.

LeBron manages to pour what seemed to be gallons of water out of two small bottles on Coach K. Man they are excited. It's got to be a huge relief with all the pressure on them. I love these guys, and I wish I could have heard the words exchanged between LeBron and Coach K.

I can remember rooting against the Athens team because they were so disjointed and awful, but this is a team we can be proud of.

Spidey220987 said:
I only really care about the sprint events - 100m, 200m, and 4 x 100m relay.
Long jump, high jump & triple jump are also interests of mine.

I want Usain Bolt to retain his 100m, 200m & 4 x 100m Golds.
The 100m is my main even in athletics though, so it's the one I'm most interested in.
Yohan Blake has the psychological edge at the mo after the Jamaican trials and the World Leading 100m time, but if Bolt runs confidently, he can break his own World Record.
I hope he gets a 9.4 , think he'll get a 9.48 or 9.49 IF he maintains his training and focus.

Think the Jamaican men will get Golds in all 3 sprint events.
Shall be a good watch!

This was my post from the original thread.

Just sayin :woot:

Ryan Secreast being involved in these Olympics makes me puke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"